Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

March 2014 Babies Club

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 324 ✭✭LH2013

Had a little baby shower thrown for me last night :) too cute !!! Cake for breakfast ;)

• Registered Users Posts: 3,251 ✭✭✭cyning

Oh no Sligo :( seriously rotten luck :(

LH that sounds fab!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 12,449 ✭✭✭✭pwurple

Can we catch that bug via the internet sligo, cos i think we got it!

Up in the hosp again, this time with gastro. Probably would have been told to stay home and hydrate her, except she can't keep the meds down for her chest problem from last week down, so on an IV for those. In an isolation unit now this time. Will be here til tuesday they said. Which is my last day of work before mat leave. I am eating all my saved up annual leave with hospital stays. How on earth do people hold on to their jobs with very sick kids I wonder?

My brother just phoned to say they are expecting in august though, so delighted with that bit of good news. A little cousin for her. Living far far away, but hey, they can skype!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,948 ✭✭✭Sligo1

Aw it's horrible isn't it! I'm actually feeling a little better now. Perhaps I didn't get as bad a dose as LO. I hope your wee one is feeling better soon. My fella is still unwell. He got sick twice today but at least he's starting to eat and drink a bit on his own free will. And he's having wet nappies now thank god. Congrats on the upcoming cousin :)

Oh crap to the iv :( fingers crossed she won't be on it long.

Mind yourselves too both of ye x last thing anyone needs at 8 months pregnant

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 92 ✭✭firsttimemammy

Hi ladies!!
    I have become a February Mammy!!

Grace was born on Thursday by Emergency C-Section!

We came into OLOL for a routine 34 week scan last Monday & I was kept in as they were very concerned the placenta had stopped doing a good job. Baby was measuring 2 weeks behind & a Doppler scan was showing reduced blood flow! They did another scan on Wed & Doppler was worse so it was decided Thursday morning the safest thing was to take her out!

The care here has been amazing! I dread to think what might have happened if the quick decision hadn't been made.

She was 1.93 kilos & will be in Special Care for a while but I'm expressing & she's feeding well so it's all positive!

I'm hoping to be discharged today - just waiting on the doc to do his rounds!

Hi ladies!!
    I have become a February Mammy!!

Grace was born on Thursday by Emergency C-Section!

We came into OLOL for a routine 34 week scan last Monday & I was kept in as they were very concerned the placenta had stopped doing a good job. Baby was measuring 2 weeks behind & a Doppler scan was showing reduced blood flow! They did another scan on Wed & Doppler was worse so it was decided Thursday morning the safest thing was to take her out!

The care here has been amazing! I dread to think what might have happened if the quick decision hadn't been made.

She was 1.93 kilos & will be in Special Care for a while but I'm expressing & she's feeding well so it's all positive!

I'm hoping to be discharged today - just waiting on the doc to do his rounds!

OMG! What an ordeal! But massive congratulations. Grace is a beautiful name. I hope you and the little one are ok. It must've been very frightening for you initially. Thank god the staff were
    Good and acted quickly. Xxxx

• Registered Users Posts: 282 ✭✭Siipina

Congratulations firstmammy, its great to hear the two of you are fine. I ll cross all fingers that it stays that way. :-)

Congratulations :) glad your both doing fine I love the name :)

Congratulations! Beautiful name, and 1.93kg is a great size for a baby so young. Well done you!

• Advertisement

Firsttimemammy - Girl born Feb 13th!

Pwurple - girl due 10th
    Cyning - -Girl due 14th
    Suucee - Boy due 15th
    Sligo1 - Girl due 17th
    Moominn - Boy due 17th
    Stick girl - girl due 17th
    polydactyl - unknown due 20th
    LH2012 - Boy due 21st
    Siipina - Boy due 26th
    Lou757 - unknown due 29th
    Vinz Mesrine - Girl due 30th

• Registered Users Posts: 53 ✭✭moominn

Congratulations Firsttimemammy!

• Registered Users Posts: 1,816 ✭✭✭Suucee

Congrats firsttimemammy. Absolutely love the name. Glad to hear shes doin well and so are you.

• Registered Users Posts: 20 lou757

Congrats firsttimemammy!! Delighted everything went well for you and your lo ! I feel for some of you ladies with sick kiddies nothing worse!! I am soo over being pregnant right now No.4 is def the hardest pregnancy, very tired these days and I still have 6 weeks left :(

• Registered Users Posts: 92 ✭✭firsttimemammy

Thanks all!! There I was thinking I'd be the last & it turns out I'm actually the first & not even in the right month. lol

And we're out again. Turns out it wasn't gastro after all the tests, she was allergic to the meds they sent her home on.... Live and learn eh!

Last day of work..... WOOOOOHOOOOOOOOOOO!

TMI, but think I had a mini-show thing there about an hour ago. I never had one before. Was a bit gross. Stay in there little baby, I need to evict someone out of your bedroom yet!

• Registered Users Posts: 282 ✭✭Siipina

pwurple wrote: »
    Stay in there little baby, I need to evict someone out of your bedroom yet!

Is she still there?

Has she not left yet !!!! How annoying !!

Had check up with doc no more protein woo hoo !!!
    Have no energy today and my house is like a tip !

• Registered Users Posts: 834 ✭✭✭amor3

Was in for apt this morning.. bit of a disaster at first.. Didn't see cons, saw doctor I don't like. Wasn't giving me scan so I put up a fuss so she gave me a mini one and I had a bit of a melt down, she asked why I was so upset, told her I was sick of getting different stories. So she was nice then, has me in for growth scan next week, if baby is still measuring big we'll discuss section for around that week, if normal growth, I'm in the week after for breaking my water if favourable, if not favourable, I'm book in for section at 39+4.. So 20 days or less, please god, babs will be here!

The different stories are so frustrating :( it drives me nuts. If I'm favourable they are apparently going to induce me Tues. I don't think I will be head isn't engaged and I needed 5 rounds of gel last time so can't see how I will be at 37+4. If not it will be week after.

I'd be happier to wait until week after but I guess I'll wait and see how things go :)

• Advertisement

Yes, still here, but move out date is set. Things are being packed.
    So nice to be out of hospital and at home for the evening. :D

So uncomfortable the last few days :(:( Bought raspberry Leaf Tea today !!! I am 36 weeks tomorrow so going to start drinking it ha ha

Over being pregnant now !

cyning wrote: »
    The different stories are so frustrating :( it drives me nuts. If I'm favourable they are apparently going to induce me Tues. I don't think I will be head isn't engaged and I needed 5 rounds of gel last time so can't see how I will be at 37+4. If not it will be week after.

I'd be happier to wait until week after but I guess I'll wait and see how things go :)

Apparently on subsequent pregnancies, baby won't engaged until labour begins. Will it be a section the week after? Do you mind me asking why your being induced at 37+.. Sorry if you've already stated your reason, haven't read back through the whole thread!

The pressure I'm feeling and bh are horrible and think I might have lost some of my mucus plug yesterday (sorry TMI) but hoping it's a sign that things will begin on there own soon!

Was getting bad braxton hicks yesterday too. Very bad. Actually made an attempt at packing my daughters bag incase i was going in to labour . still waiting on a date for scan to check placenta position so a lil worried about going early. I duno though feeling alot of pressure . Might ring the hospital tomorrow to see what the story is.

Suucee, I'm getting them weeks now but they are getting more often and more painful. Omg, can't believe I never even thought of packing a bag for my 3 year old, thanks for the reminder! Did you have a low lying placenta during this pregnancy? I tried to make an appointment yesterday for growth scan next Wednesday and they told me they were booked out, had to tell her it was for a possible induction so waiting on a call to see if they can fit me in at some stage..

Ah that's slightly complicated: I have an uncontrolled underactive thyroid, I had radioactive iodine a few years ago, so one of the problems is a higher risk of a stillbirth. After 38 weeks would be better all round though so I guess we shall see :) it's stressful though.

I've been drinking raspberry leaf tea for the last week do not drink it going to bed it makes me pee pee pee!!

amor3 wrote: »
    Suucee, I'm getting them weeks now but they are getting more often and more painful. Omg, can't believe I never even thought of packing a bag for my 3 year old, thanks for the reminder! Did you have a low lying placenta during this pregnancy? I tried to make an appointment yesterday for growth scan next Wednesday and they told me they were booked out, had to tell her it was for a possible induction so waiting on a call to see if they can fit me in at some stage..

Yea been gettin BH a while too but last night was fairly intense. Never really had them as bad. Going right around to my back.
    Re the placenta it was never brought up at all and ive had quiet a few scans. Infact last tine i was with gp she reckoned head was partially engaged. But at hosp app last thurs doc thought placenta was a little low on the mini scam so booked me in for a scan. (Still waiting for a date)
    I duno though. Surely they would have picked it up ages ago. Just wish i knew for definet. Getting alot of pressure and even can feel movement down pretty low so i duno really.

Greeeaaattt, news last night said high risk people such as pregnant women and the elderly are to avoid cork maternity hospital. What are we to do, consult nearest vet?

pwurple wrote: »
    Greeeaaattt, news last night said high risk people such as pregnant women and the elderly are to avoid cork maternity hospital. What are we to do, consult nearest vet?

I heard that pwurple. Some sort of flu or something like swine flu going around apparently!!

• Advertisement

They have visitor restrictions in Limerick Maternity ... Clinic app still on !! Stoopid flu !!!!

I am hoping the next 3 weeks 6 days fly and baby boy comes on time !!!!!

Advertisement