Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

March 2014 Babies Club

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 3,251 ✭✭✭cyning

Kerry has visiting restrictions too... Half of me thinks it would be lovely having no visitors except hubby in hosp :D

• Registered Users Posts: 324 ✭✭LH2013

cyning wrote: »
    Kerry has visiting restrictions too... Half of me thinks it would be lovely having no visitors except hubby in hosp :D

I was thinking that yesterday :p

• Registered Users Posts: 1,816 ✭✭✭Suucee

cyning wrote: »

In Mullingar only OH and my own child are allowed visit between 9-12 and 3-9. Grandparent are allowed visit only between 6.30 and 8.30. so its very limited. I actually like it that way.

Kerry let anyone in, but with flu and vomiting bug 2 named visitors no kids 1 is the dad and I'm not choosing between grandparents :D

• Closed Accounts Posts: 12,449 ✭✭✭✭pwurple

I just hope it's clear in a few weeks. I don't want a newborn picking up either of those nasties.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 3,948 ✭✭✭Sligo1

There's so many bugs going around at the moment. Was chatting my brother there, he's a doctor consultant (not medical tho) and he's after saying to me I should prob stay away from parent toddler groups an baby cafes etc for the next few weeks.

What do ye think? It's a but dramatic is it not? Thank is... I know what's he's saying and he's only worrying about me and my LO getting sick again but the thoughts of being stuck in the house with no one to chat to all day is killing me!
    If it was just me itd be grand but LO gets really frustrated inside all day. But I also don't think I could go through the last 2 weeks again either after he had that awful Norovirus.

What do ye think and what are ye doing the next few weeks...

I've just found 2 spots on Cs legs she had better not be getting chicken pox :( I'm not really avoiding anything: I would crack up I need out of the house too. In saying that if there's another outbreak if hand foot & mouth I will and have done. You could pick up flu or stomach bug in shop... Or at antenatal appt at this stage!

No I wont be avoiding parent and toddler groups. Id go stir crazy stuck in. there was none on this week due to mid term and I was so board and so was LO . As cyning said you could pick up the flu anywhere.

Cyning I hope its not the chicken pox not great timing.

I'm being more wary for the next couple of weeks alright. The weather has been so grim, I have a theory that all the indoor places have seen a lot more traffic and cross contamination than usual. Just because people can't get out into the fresh air as much.

Our very healthy toddler caught a bug which gave her shadows on her lungs... Scared the crap out of us seeing her all tubed up in hospital on oxygen, on drip, on IV medication. Her blood sugar and blood oxygen levels were so low she didn't even wake up when they were putting the cannula into her arm (normally kids roar the place down for that). And every single child in that ward had the same story. 2 to 8 year olds, never in hosp before, totally knocked out by it.

I've pulled her out of creche to give her a chance to maybe regain a bit of weight and build up again. Thinking middle next week should be ok. She only has 4 other kids in her room, but I'll be avoiding places like communal toys, big play centers, and places that see 20+ children, just til this pregnancy is over.

I avoid play centres a bit anyway... There's none in my town so it's mainly my bf group and friends with kids so not too fussed...

I skipped my iron the last two days (which I know I shouldn't but honestly felt horrendous), and the pain had subsided. Took it again today and pain back :( it's really aggravating.

Can't believe how close it's all getting :)

• Advertisement

Well that's the thing. Apart from a little Chest infection our LO had never been sick before. I was awful worried and it really really knocked him for six! I don't really want to avoid the toddler cafés tbh but I just think there's probably a lot higher risk of him catching something there with anything between 15-40 kids at a time all sharing toys etc... (That's where he got the norovirus for a fact) then for example in a shop of cafe where he won't actually be touching anything.

I then caught the virus off him and tbh... I don't physically think I could handle it again so late in pregnancy....

Ah I dunno.... Like you said tho Suucee... I think I'll go crazy in the house....

I'm defo getting out of the house, but it will just be visits to people, or going to places with less kids. I've my list of freebies. There are museums and science centers and general tourist stuff which open for free some day of the week or month, so we could go to those. It's probably being a Very Annoying Parent, disturbing the quiet contemplation for others, but she uses art galleries and cathedrals like racetracks, running around at top speed and chatting away herself to statues and paintings. I can sit on the benches and watch.

Or just netflix the power puff girls if I'm really zonked.

So as i said i rang hosp on thurs to see whats the story with my scan to check placenta lication. They said it wasnt a priority and when i explained they saud they would get back to me in a few days.
    Got a call at 5.30 yesterday evenig. They looked in to it and the refferal had been sent back due to lack of information so she said i need to contact my consultant on monday.
    I knew that doctor was rushing . She was in such a hurrg to get rid of me.
    I really think she was mistaken how would i have got to 36 weeks wuth numerous scans and no body pick it up.

How is placenta location not a priority? If you have placenta previa it's a big deal.

I think it is on the checklist at the 32 week scan, so they are supposed to check it there. On your chart, do they have it marked up at all?

That being said, the midwife who scanned me at 36 weeks said my placenta was posterior and 3cm from cervix. My private scan, and the scan at 20 weeks said my placenta was anterior. My chart has it as anterior. I don't think it can flip from front to back, so I have a feeling the midwife, who is not a qualified sonographer, didn't know how to work the scanner properly. She was also confused by the location of the heart, which would have freaked me out, if I hadn't realised she hadn't a clue what she was doing.

My hips are in bits this morning. Could not get comfortable at all overnight. I'll be hobbling for the day.

Suucee wrote: »
    So as i said i rang hosp on thurs to see whats the story with my scan to check placenta lication. They said it wasnt a priority and when i explained they saud they would get back to me in a few days.
    Got a call at 5.30 yesterday evenig. They looked in to it and the refferal had been sent back due to lack of information so she said i need to contact my consultant on monday.
    I knew that doctor was rushing . She was in such a hurrg to get rid of me.
    I really think she was mistaken how would i have got to 36 weeks wuth numerous scans and no body pick it up.

As pwurple said placenta previa is a big deal! Suucee I'd ring up on Monday and speak to someone and tbh... Is prob kick up a bit of a fuss. It's terrible but unfortunate that these days nothing will be done unless u crow and give out.... Unfortunately that's the way things are now.

• Registered Users Posts: 89 ✭✭stick girl

speaking of the bugs that have been going around, I've been laid up for the last week feeling like crap! With 2+ weeks to go this isn't how I planned to spend it. Now I think the massive head cold is moving into my chest. Grrr. fun times.
    Met with OB week before last and im being scheduled for a c-section the week of the 10th. Blood pressure, age etc... I'm ok with this but also nervous about the surgery. This is my first baby so really I don't care how she gets to me as long as she's healthy. Still scary tho.

Best of luck stivk girl. Id say its exciting knowing when you will finally meet.

Yea will ring monday. I was with the doc at hosp app on 13 . She was in such a rush i was last patient and she just wanted to get out of there. She didnt seem to want to answer any of my questions. When i hadnt heard anything re the scan i rang the xray department (they organise these scans) on 20th . the girl just said there was a refferal received on 13 butvwasnt a priority so i would be sent out a letter. But when i explained im 36 weeks andvits a placenta location scam she said she would look in to it and call me back in a few days.
    So in fairness to xray department they were quick enough getting back to me but said the refferal was returned to consultant due to lack of info .
    I had a scan 3 weeks before that and everything was fine. Cant remember if she said placenta was anterior or posterior but deffinetly no mention of it being low lying .
    In my gp surgery a few of the docs offer scans. The gp i really like doesnt as she admitted shes not trained with it. So she just does doppler. I dont mind this as have had loads of scans but due in to gp this week and might arrange to go to one of the others if they will scan me. Will ring them monday after i ring the hospital.

I need to kick up murder on Monday I still don't have the results of my thyroid antibody tests back... Waiting two weeks now, and waited two weeks for the wrong ones before that. They are not inducing until I have those results. Succee definitely get on to them... Sometimes you just have to shout. Shouldn't have to buy you do. Going to repack hosp bag properly tomorrow. Went shopping for clothes for my little lady today the pain in my belly pushing the buggy... And the pressure! Body is definitely gearing up for this baba ;)

Hope u get ur results cyning! Like I said its terrible you have to chase these people but unfortunately that's the way things are these days. The incompetency of some people drives me nuts!

• Registered Users Posts: 834 ✭✭✭amor3

Suucee, defo kick up a fuss! 36 weeks is to far into pregnancy not to consider anything to do with the placenta as "not a priority"

I got a call Friday morning for my appointment at 8 o'clock (am) said she "forgot" to ring me day before and could I come in for 9! Got in for 10, so baby is still measuring big but not as big as 32 week scan, but belly is still in the over 95th percentile. Said I could go in Tuesday for reassurance visit but think I'll leave it till following week, that way I'll be able to get a sweep and a date (if favourable) for induction. If not section is booked for the 10th.

Cyning, hope you get your results soon! You don't need the hassle of worrying about your thyroid at this stage!

• Advertisement

Just depressed the feck out of myself by standing on the bathroom scales. I've put on 15kg this pregnancy. No wonder I feel so massive, that's 4kg more than first pregnancy. I'm now the same weight as my husband, but a foot shorter than him. Such a giant blob. :(

Nope I don't... Especially when if I do have thyroid antibodies baby will more than likely be born needing the scbu and stuff: aagh! I'm kinda complicated too so it's not straightforward. Fingers crossed they are in Mon morning :)

Pwurple don't worry about the weight: you do put more on in subsequent pregnancies but you will lose it again :)

• Registered Users Posts: 89 ✭✭stick girl

Thanks Suucee. can't wait! Good luck to you though...sounds like you'll need it.

Ughhhh I am so hormonal today :(

I could kill hubs for not doing ANY of the jobs I asked him to over the weekend !!! House is a tip and I am seriously struggling to clean it today ! Was feeling sooo sick last night :(

I hear ya! I ate the face of OH last night for playing computer games!! 28 year old man with a son and baby on the way playing computer games!!! I was so hysterical I hope the neighbours didnt hear. I wouldn't have minded but there were things in the house that needed doing. I don't see why I always have to ask before anything gets done!

Sligo1 wrote: »
    I hear ya! I ate the face of OH last night for playing computer games!! 28 year old man with a son and baby on the way playing computer games!!! I was so hysterical I hope the neighbours didnt hear. I wouldn't have minded but there were things in the house that needed doing. I don't see why I always have to ask before anything gets done!

I know my fella is 31 and thinks playing playstation is more important than doing the jobs that I cant grrrrr I always have to nag him into doing stuff and I should not have to do that !!! Stupid hormones dont help !!!!

LH2013 wrote: »
    I know my fella is 31 and thinks playing playstation is more important than doing the jobs that I cant grrrrr I always have to nag him into doing stuff and I should not have to do that !!! Stupid hormones dont help !!!!

I feel bad for going so nuts but it drives me up the wall. To be fair when I do ask he does it and does a good job but why do I constantly have to ask?? He knows I can't do a lot of the housework now and then it makes me feel like I'm nagging him. He seen me vacuum, mop and do like 10 loads of HIS laundry.. And then he announces he's going to the gym!!!

I was like... WTF!!! Up there wit u and clean the bathroom!!

I asked OH to finish off the ramp last night. Was pretty much done but had a few pieces of timber to pop on so the neighbours cats cant go under. Anyway asked him about 3 times and then when i was going to bed (at about 9.30 ) he saidd he was goin out to do it. Ok thats fine .
    12 last night he woke me drilling. Like seriously. Surprised no neighbours complained.

Anyway after trying to ring the hosp about 4 times i eventually had to leave a vouce mail. (Hate doing that). Consultants secretary rang back and explained all so she is going to get the consultant to re refer me. I think ill give it till wens and ring again if i hear nothing.

Rang gps this evening and wil get a scan tomorrow in gps. Not the same as the hospital 1 im sure but at least i will know a little more.

• Advertisement

My bloods aren't back... Just aaagh. So tormented now I mean seriously they should be. Fingers crossed in the morn: then I need to email consultant in 1 hosp, and find out what the story is before appt in different hosp at 3ish. Could scream at this stage.

Have scan tomorrow, and to see story with induction. Scary!

Advertisement