Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

March 2014 Babies Club

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 1,816 ✭✭✭Suucee

Good luck cyning. Thats a bit radiculous at yhis stage re the bloods. Madness. Hope you get sorted tomorrow.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,948 ✭✭✭Sligo1

Good luck with the scans tomorrow ladies! Cyning you might be holding your little one in a few days.... How exciting!!!!

• Registered Users Posts: 3,251 ✭✭✭cyning

Or you know totally panic inducing ;)

• Registered Users Posts: 324 ✭✭LH2013

How annoying that you still do not have your bloods back :eek:

They do realise its peoples health they are messing with ?!

Im ready for baby now ! A few people I know who were due after me have had their babies !!!!! I am jealous !!

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 2,833 ✭✭✭Vinz Mesrine

We had a surprise baby shower at the weekend, oh jesus the amount of stuff we got!!! Well over 40 packs of wipes, 30+ bottles of Bath "stuff", she is clothed until her 2nd birthday I think, just insanity :)
    5 weeks left and we have absolutely EVERYTHING we need except the actual baby :)

Gf had high blood pressure and low iron last week though so we have to keep an eye on that, all tips are welcome. She's currently taking 2 iron tablets a week but she feels they are making her a lot more tired so wants to stop taking them.

• Advertisement

Oh definitely don't stop taking iron... I hate it it makes me feel like crap, but it is not worth the risk to go into birth anaemic. I'm on 2 tablets a day: might be worth changing brand ferrograd c to Galfer or something? Say it to doc either. Think it's Sligo who has liquid Galfer it's easier on you might be an option for her?

30 bottles of bath stuff: you have enough to keep baby clean until they're 10 at that rate ;)

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 2,833 ✭✭✭Vinz Mesrine

The pharmacist recommended Galfer so that's what she has been taking.

The pharmacist recommended Galfer so that's what she has been taking.

Yea the liquid galfer is definitely easier on the tummy than the tablets. Also she could take a bit of lactulose with it if she's getting constipated from it. But definitely definitely don't stop it. I take it every night.

Consultants secretary just rang and said the refferal has been resent and i will hear from xray department soon (by post).

• Closed Accounts Posts: 12,449 ✭✭✭✭pwurple

Jaysus suucee, what hosp is that? They are mental.

I'm a bit bold on the iron... They said my iron levels are fine now, but my reserves are a bit low. So I've dropped from daily to maybe twice a week. I was taking the liquid. It tastes like drinking metal (obviously!) but no other effect on me.

• Advertisement

There deff on the ball now. Xray department rang and will have scan thurs. Just in gps now anyway. Forgot to eat since breakfast as was rushing trying get few thibgs done around d house then had to collect my sis to mind A and now sittibg in docs feeling bit unwell.
    Id say its a mixture of hunger and nerves. Hope im not waiting too long.

All good here thyroid antibodies low enough not to be an issue which is such a relief. In next week to see am I favourable again :)

How did you get on Succee?

Pwurple is mullingar hospital. Only seen your post after i posted re having scan thurs.

Cyning glad to hear things good. Same for me according to gp. He reckons no issues. Head is lower than the placenta. Everything else fine. Feeling so relieved now. Still have scan in hospital on thurs so hoping they say the same.

I thought I was starting to go into labour last night. Couple of painful contractions about 40 mins apart... But that was it, no more.

Think I could cry this morning. Another build delay for SIL. Was supposed to be moving out on saturday, but she is saying another 4 days after that. I have the baby stuff in a big pile outside the room. Bassinet, clothes, muslin, monitor, nappies etc. just get out please and let me sort the room out!!!! :(

MIL came over for a cuppa and was saying I should really try to keep SIL here as long as possible for a hand with housework. I thought she was joking. Didn't really respond to her, but wtf is she on about? SIL works full time. How would she possibly do our housework?

AND, SIL was daft enough to tell other in-laws I was on mat leave now, so any jobs they wanted doing, I was free, give me a buzz. So now I am getting calls to drop/collect children here there and everywhere, do bank runs, visit people in hospital, pick up groceries etc. and I'm the bad guy because I am telling them all I can't do it. aRGggg! I know she is oblivious, having never been pregnant, but it is tougher to get around at 38 weeks. There is a babies head in my pelvis, so I am waddling. I have puffy ankles, and driving is painful on my hips. Let alone having a toddler just recovering from hospital on the go too. She thinks I'm on holiday because she sees me with my feet raised trying to get rid of swelling in the evening.

It's taking my every last nerve not to fall out with the whole lot of them. And husband is saying nothing, keeping head down. Could clobber him too.

Feeling slightly better after that rant. Slightly. :S

You have the patience of a saint !! At this point I would have her chucked out !!!!!!

• Registered Users Posts: 3,016 ✭✭✭lilmissprincess

Definite patience of a saint, she'd have something thrown at her by now in my house!

Definite patience of a saint, she'd have something thrown at her by now in my house!

Thrown at her??? I would've picked her up and thrown her at something or out of something. Patience of a SAINT Pwurple!

My LO had to rush to temple street again. With rash and very high temp. He's ok now. Doc said its viral. I'm just soooo exhausted.

• Registered Users Posts: 282 ✭✭Siipina

Oh pwurple I would have packed her bags and kicked her out after this. Unbelievable.
    Makes me a bit happy that there is a safe distance between me and the family ;-)

Went to the GP today. BP was high the first two times but went a bit down on the third one and have a trace of Protein in Urine. So have to go back tomorrow. I know its sounds a bit weird but I would not mind if baby have to move out earlier. I am 36 weeks tomorrow and my pelvis is killing me as well as my back so I cant turnaround in bed and when I need to get up for a pee the pelvis is making a big KNACK and everything goes back in place just on a very painful way. Oh and of cause the diabetes, I cant see or eat any veg anymore. I would kill for a ice cream by now. I sound like a steam train just going up the stairs. And of cause baby is still moving around like mad, one hour in the pelvis, next one in breached position and kicking me green and blue. Sorry for the moan needed to get out :-)

Pwurple I'd have told my husband either I go or she does ;) I'm not very rational right now in saying that but he needs to stop the phone alls :(

I'm getting daily phone calls from parents and in laws to want to know any news: ya sure I had the baby and we didn't bother tell ye??

Someone said to me yesterday oh you must begetting loads of is the baby here yet texts ..... Ammmm nope just you texting me every 5 mins grrrrrrr

I hear you on the pelvis pain I actually can not turn in bed anymore .... Cant sleep ..... Sigh .. 3 weeks left but would love an early arrival !!!!!

• Advertisement

Pwurple have a major meltdown them blame the hormones. I dont know how your putting up with it.

I have to admit im really not doing too bad. Spd gone . Maybe an odd click when turning at night. Sleeping pretty well . Have had serious nesting so house is so clean and tidy . Im ready for this baby to come. The only thing getting me is constipation (2 sachets of fybogel and a huge glass of prune juice everyday) . Also very uncomfortable to drive or even sit.
    Must be a long baba as i can feel movement in my pubic region but at the same time getting uncomfortable kicks in the ribs. I do have a short body though.
    I so want to cook a heap of food to freeze but not much space in freezer. Was actually considering gettin a chest freezer . It would be so handy.

I'd love a big freezer too. Could get a whole lamb then and put all the cuts in. Gluts of veg from garden, in they go! Fish-a-rama. Twould be brill! Maybe in a few years. :)

Anyway, spoke to husband again on the occupant, and we can't exactly chuck anyone onto the street. So... I'm going to just drive on and work around it. Room is getting cleaned down and painted this weekend, whether someone is in it or not. The blinds and curtains haven't been opened in there in months, so i hope to god there isn't mildew on them. Most of the stored baby clothes are vac-packed in there as well, so they need to come out and get cleaned and sorted.

Oh the advantages of being married to a chef ;) he can cook!

Pwurple I suppose realistically you can't kick her out: but make sure you work her to the bone this weekend painting cleaning washing sure didn't your mil say that's why you should keep her around?! I'd feel better anyway :)

I'm sick of babies movements they are so scatty: either completely bonkers, or so quiet I start to worry. I think it's really happy in my belly too I'd actually cry with happiness to go into labour spontaneously before Tues!

• Registered Users Posts: 834 ✭✭✭amor3

Cyning are you due Tuesday?? I'm in Tuesday, they are checking to see if I'm suitable to have my waters broken! Don't know the procedure though, would they admit me there and then?? I'm thinking they might do a sweep and have me in on the Wednesday morning.

I know what you mean about movements, I'm totally obessed! I know babs has to sleep but I'd much prefer constant kicks and punches no matter how uncomfortable they are.

Girls as for not having anything done, they only thing I have done is pack my bag, which still needs a few bits. Moses basket is still in the wrapper in the sitting room, crib still has to be assembled for our room and ds 1 and ds 2 are in the process of switching rooms so ds 2 and babs will share room. Floors to be done and walls to be painted. Stress levels are through the roof. Trying to keep positive and keep thinking just get baby here safely and all the rest can be done later, but easier said than done!

If I'm favourable (so fingers crossed!) they'll do a sweep, and probably be brought back in Wed for the induction: that's what they did on my little girl anyway. I'm more prepared this time for gel pains etc: I didn't realise they are quite painful! In one sense my induction last time was ok: no ARM or syntocin drip. On the other hand I had 5 rounds of gel which is two more than most hospitals so gel pains were a definite issue!

I have most stuff organised: except someone to mind my little girl next Friday!

• Registered Users Posts: 834 ✭✭✭amor3

They won't use the gel with me because of previous section so just ARM and drip, feeling very apprehensive but trying to stay calm and in control! What's the plan if your not favourable?? Is there no one at all to mind your little girl, last thing you need to worry about!

Wait a few days: ideally I'd be 39 weeks but I'm 39 weeks on a fri and they won't bring me in on a fri to induce me ;) so on the Wed I'd be 38+5. I'll be more closely monitored though by that stage.

Ah it's not as much having no one as no one handy on the Fri; my mum can't get it off work , and don't want hubby taking too many days before babs because we need them after, so we have friends but hate imposing too!

So jinxed myself about feeling so good. Feeling nauseous on and off since last night. Trying to eat lil and often but dont know wheather im sick or hungry or full or thirsty.

Anyway had my scan today and sonographer agreed no issues at all with placenta. Asked the name of the doc but i dont know. It was just 1 of my consultants team. Scanned me for ages and took loads of measurements and reckons my dates more acurate as did my gp on tues.
    Will send results back to consultant and due back there next thurs. Going to start bouncing on my ball now since i know all is ok. She kept telling me he is a fine size. Measuring 7lb and still have 3-4 weeks. Time to start the eviction process. My daughter was only 6lb 10oz at 41 weeks .

Have bad back pain all evening and sooo restless ...... Been bouncing on that ball for the last two weeks .......... Kinda just want to be done now !!!

• Advertisement

That's brilliant Succee: what a way to worry you pointlessly though :( hope you feel better tomorrow :)

I was in bath tonight I have never seen baby move so much she was going nuts :)

Advertisement