Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

March 2014 Babies Club

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 834 ✭✭✭amor3

Suucee, great news that all is well. Try rest up now and please good the nausea will subside.

I've been having terrible pains as well, BH are getting stronger and just waiting for one of them to make my waters pop!! If only...

• Registered Users Posts: 1,816 ✭✭✭Suucee

Awake half the night feeling crap. I know im a bit constipated and been taking prune juice and fybogel to help but decided this morning to skip my iron for today.
    Then went for a 4km walk. Pushing my toddler in her buggy. (4 km in 45 mins pushing a 22 mnth old in a buggy at 37 weeks preg. Very proud of myself)
    Anyway got home and to spare ye the details im no longer constipated . Feeling great now.
    But dont know if it was the walk or not taking the iron. Prob a bit of both. Might see if i can get away with taking it every second day.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,251 ✭✭✭cyning

I have terrible pain and pressure today: but baba is moving like mad so don't think it's anything: before C she got very quiet so think that's what I'm waiting for?

• Registered Users Posts: 834 ✭✭✭amor3

We all seem to have the same symptoms so maybe its all normal, just one thing is definite, we are one day closer :-)

Suucee, how you managed that walk is beyond me. I'm doing lots around the house but I'm terrified to go outside on my own, even just to bring my ds to the shop for a stroll!

• Registered Users Posts: 324 ✭✭LH2013

Had hospital today ..... The doc kept saying baby is very big and will be well over 9lbs .... They reckon they wont let me over my due date and may induce me in two weeks. :eek:

• Advertisement

amor3 wrote: »
    We all seem to have the same symptoms so maybe its all normal, just one thing is definite, we are one day closer :-)

Suucee, how you managed that walk is beyond me. I'm doing lots around the house but I'm terrified to go outside on my own, even just to bring my ds to the shop for a stroll!

Im banjacksed now. Gona have a lie down . LO has a bad cough so didnt nap great so going to have a cuddle in bed and hopefully nod off for half hour.

9lb jesus thats scary.

I was expecting over 8lbs but sure they could be wrong ;)

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 2,833 ✭✭✭Vinz Mesrine

Hi ladies, Just looking for a bit of advice for my girlfriend. She's due March 30th and having terrible pains in her ribs on both sides. Have any of you got any tips on how to relieve the pain a small bit even?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 12,449 ✭✭✭✭pwurple

Sorry Vinz, never got that.

Maternity leave is making me realise I really liked going to the loo without an audience. Especially an audience with questions.

Is it baby with legs stuck up under her ribs? Gym ball and bouncing helps me. And leaning over it too. Baths are good for releveing it for a little while too.

I'm currently kneeling over the edge of the bed I'm getting no fell tonight if these BH do not desist. If I was in labour it would be fine. But I'm flipping well not!

• Advertisement

We've made it. We are due THIS MONTH.
    In the next 31 days (hopefully no one goes too far over) we will all be holding our babas. I hope all the bags are packed and ready. Best of luck to everyone.

Firsttimemammy i hope you and Grace are doing well.

Vinz i get that fairly often ( i think ive a fairly short body) tbh i dont find much helps really until baba moves. Sitting is very uncomfortable because your pushing baba up so i try a lil walk. Doesnt always work though.

Firsttimemammy - Girl born Feb 13th!

Pwurple - girl due 10th
    Cyning - -Girl due 14th
    Suucee - Boy due 15th
    Sligo1 - Girl due 17th
    Moominn - Boy due 17th
    Stick girl - girl due 17th
    polydactyl - unknown due 20th
    LH2012 - Boy due 21st
    Siipina - Boy due 26th
    Lou757 - unknown due 29th
    Vinz Mesrine - Girl due 30th[/quote]

So over being pregnant... I haven't got off my ball, raspberry leaf tea, walking, pineapple, very hot curries, seriously baby time to move Mammy does not want to be induced. I want to spend most of my labour at home, having baths if I want etc.

Just aaaaggh. Over it.

Getting some major Braxton hicks this evening (fingers crossed). Since I got the all clear re placenta got OH to route out my ball but he cant find it . So MIL loaned me hers but said it needs inflating. Only noticed when we got home she never gave the plug .
    So no ball bouncing for me.

Ive been having pretty sore BH for the last hour .......... Ouch :(

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,948 ✭✭✭Sligo1

I want to have sore braxton hicks!!!! This is sooo not fair!

Sligo1 wrote: »

Be careful what you wish for ;)

PS watching About Time when pregnant was a stoopid idea sob sob

FREEDOM! Had a mini meltdown yesterday with husband. I'm going to blame the hormones. I think I even threatened to move out! Yikes. Not my usual.

Anywhoo. Message was received. Arrangements were made, and someone else is moved. Prep, cleaning, Polyfilla and sanding done. Paint is ready to go first thing in the morning. If baby stays on the inside just another few days, I'll be alll ready! :D

pwurple wrote: »
    FREEDOM! Had a mini meltdown yesterday with husband. I'm going to blame the hormones. I think I even threatened to move out! Yikes. Not my usual.

Anywhoo. Message was received. Arrangements were made, and someone else is moved. Prep, cleaning, Polyfilla and sanding done. Paint is ready to go first thing in the morning. If baby stays on the inside just another few days, I'll be alll ready! :D

That's great news pwurple! I don't know how you lasted as long as you did :)

Sligo1 wrote: »

For 3 weeks before C I had stop what your doing BH. They made me cry. I was convinced I was going into labour, and they kept putting me on a trace. I was still induced they make no flipping difference. Just make you more uncomfortable!!

Pwurple that's great: like seriously it's not too much to have your house to yourself with a new baby. Sometimes a meltdown is needed!

Ah I know. I had them a few months ago and they were awful sore. But last time I got them exactly a week before I went into labour. Hadn't had them at all before then.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 92 ✭✭firsttimemammy

Hey ladies! Just checking in to see how you're all getting on. Can't wait to hear of our next arrival! Sounds like a few of you are ready to go!! ;)

Things are good here. G is still in hospital but slowly gaining weight. We're hoping we might get her home in about 2 weeks - it's such hard going leaving her in the hospital every time we leave - we're dying to get her all to ourselves!

I've been expressing for her since she was born. Started trying her to my boob yesterday but I don't think she's strong enough yet. Seriously considering going to formula once she gets home.

Oh man ..... Had such bad pain in my lower back for the last two hours :( only starting to ease of a little now ..... Really thought I was in labour :eek:

I tortured myself with that last time LH :( it's so frustrating. I'm trying to remind myself baby will come out at some stage. Probably this week scary and all as that is!

Firsttimemammy that's great all is going well I hope ye get home together soon :) pumping is twice the work at least seriously I breastfed for 15 months I don't think I could have pumped for 5 weeks. Whatever works best for ye you have to go with. Your amazing honestly :)

Firsttimemammy glad shes doing well. She will be home in no time.

LH im getting pains on and off too and a few times ive thought i was going in to labour too. And ive been through this before you would think id know.
    Last time i didnt even know for sure i was in labour when i was. this time i think im in labour nearly everyday with pains.

I have an awful ear ache and feel like im starting to get a sore throat. Oh and have a nice coldsore too. Typical if hes born i wont even be able give him a kiss.

Its really annoying and Im starting to worry that I wont know when I am in actual labour !!!!

LH2013 wrote: »
    Its really annoying and Im starting to worry that I wont know when I am in actual labour !!!!

Seriously you will know!! Haha ;)

Going for a bath soon anything to ease these bloody pains just need to wait for my little girl to go to bed or she'll be trying to get in with me. She's glued to me between eye teeth and just the feeling something is going on id say.

Wouldn't mind having our baby now either. Painting is done, room is all stocked with nice clean baby clothes, bassinet etc. come on baby. :) I did everything to move things along last time, curry, pineapple, bouncing, the works. And still went 14 days over, so i'm not doing any of it this time. Busy doing other stuff. Think I gave the ball away too. Oops.

I got the baby seat fitted by tony kealys as well this weekend. So handy they do the full checks for free. They adjusted the head piece for my first daughter as well.

Have a pregnancy massage booked for tomorrow morning. That was a nice xmas pressie from a friend, really looking forward to it now.

Vaguely worried about the midwife clinic coming up on thursday. I really have no confidence left in them at all after the last two visits. Hope they don't take it upon themselves to do a sweep or anything without telling me! Husband is away next weekend, so if it isn't before then, twould be handier to be middle of next week.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 23,862 ✭✭✭✭January

pwurple wrote: »
    Wouldn't mind having our baby now either. Painting is done, room is all stocked with nice clean baby clothes, bassinet etc. come on baby. :) I did everything to move things along last time, curry, pineapple, bouncing, the works. And still went 14 days over, so i'm not doing any of it this time. Busy doing other stuff. Think I gave the ball away too. Oops.

I got the baby seat fitted by tony kealys as well this weekend. So handy they do the full checks for free. They adjusted the head piece for my first daughter as well.

Have a pregnancy massage booked for tomorrow morning. That was a nice xmas pressie from a friend, really looking forward to it now.

Vaguely worried about the midwife clinic coming up on thursday. I really have no confidence left in them at all after the last two visits. Hope they don't take it upon themselves to do a sweep or anything without telling me! Husband is away next weekend, so if it isn't before then, twould be handier to be middle of next week.

They really can't give you a sweep without your consent. I just wouldn't agree to any vaginal exams, there is no need for them unless they're checking if you are in labour, especially if you have no confidence in them any longer.

The doc in the hosp told me they would do an internal at my next appointment ........ Im not keen on getting one really ........ Especially I am bot due until the week after the hospital

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 23,862 ✭✭✭✭January

LH2013 wrote: »
    The doc in the hosp told me they would do an internal at my next appointment ........ Im not keen on getting one really ........ Especially I am bot due until the week after the hospital

You don't have to consent to it if you don't want to.

Advertisement