Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

March 2014 Babies Club

Options

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 12,449 ✭✭✭✭pwurple

Aww, sorry to hear that. Nest tuesday is after my due date. Maybe we will both have our babies next week. :)

• Registered Users Posts: 834 ✭✭✭amor3

got sweep done today, in for induction in the morning!!

Cyning, so sorry you weren't favourable, but things like that can change over night so please God you might go yourself before then.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,251 ✭✭✭cyning

I hope so... So cross over it all now. Which is irrational ;) they did do a sweep but god this baby wants to stay in so it probably will. I wish I was one of these people who could find some good in being pregnant except for the baby at the end ;)

Yeah, i know a girl who loves being pregnant, but she has always had the babies around the 36 week mark so never got huge, never got the bad heartburn etc. This last stretch is tough going.

Speaking of huge, I've hardly any clothes left that even cover my bump. Two tops, one of which is now paint-splattered. Everything else is way too short. Overbump pants do not meet long tops anymore. I'm like a badly dressed clown, but I can't justify buying more clothes for a few days!

Still, quite nervous about the looming birth and the responsibility of a newborn. Eek.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,948 ✭✭✭Sligo1

Good luck ladies... Ye are all so close now! Cyning it must be really disappointing for you but in a week at the very latest you'll be holding your little baby! So much could happen before then.

Good luck for tomorrow Amor! Soooo exciting. And pwurple. I'm so jealous of ye all. I can't see myself going anytime soon now as no symptoms whatsoever. Had my best friend over tonight for pancakes (midwife/phn)... And apparently I don't look like I'm gonna go anytime soon. :(. I was sure of go early... But now I think I'll prob go over.

• Advertisement

Sorry amor3 I missed the bit about you getting induced tomorrow with feeling sorry for myself ;) that's great news you must be delighted! Yay another March babs soon.

Getting over it now just quite crampy and sore and sick of it all. Pregnancy takes it's toll physically on me so two will be enough for now!

I'm focusing on the positives: I do t get stretch marks lol!

Pwurple I'm living in dresses and leggings. Jeans are making me look ridiculous now!

Wishful thinking me with a baby by next week too I'd say. I can feel myself the head is quite far up, and there's loads of kicks. Not a sniff of head engaging. I'll eat my socks if i go before due date.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,816 ✭✭✭Suucee

Good luck tomorrow amor.

Cyning sorrh to hear things didnt go to plan. Fingers crossed baba will get a move on before tuesday.

Pwurple i hear ya on the clothes. I had lads heree today replacing gutters and facia and i was out chatting to them for a min. Can back in and my lo stretched up and rubbed my bare belly saying tiggy tiggy tiggy.
    Think i may have been flashing my swollen stretch marked belly to them.

Im so uncomfortable. Getting BH a few times a day but they really strenghten in the evenings.
    MIL, my own mother and even OH reckon ill go soon. Hope there right. Also getting the ould panicky thoughta on how ill cope with newborn and toddler but no turning back now.

I'm getting those panicky thoughts too! Especially considering said toddler has slept in my arms the last few nights... She's feeling miserable poor thing. Stupid eye teeth.

Can't wait until next week!

• Registered Users Posts: 8,023 ✭✭✭youcancallmeal

My wife is in a lot of pain at the moment, due on Saturday. Would love for her to go early as I feel so helpless when she's in so much pain and not really sleeping at all :(

• Advertisement

I think my hubby feels the same... It'll all be worth it in the end :)

• Registered Users Posts: 324 ✭✭LH2013

Ughhhhh can not sleep my lower back is soooooo painful :( can not get comfy :mad:

Omg... So I think I've got hand foot and mouth disease! My LO got a viral infection last week which thankfully is now clearing. And he had a horrible rash. Last night I started coming down with a sore throat and today my hands are covered in blistering sores.

Had an appointment today with my consultant who did a throat swab as she wants to rule out Strep A. But after a bit of researching and talking to friends this evening I'm nearly 99% sure that viral infection my LO had was hand foot and mouth... Which I have now contracted!

OMG it's horrible. This is all I bloody needed. The last few weeks its just been one thing after the next! I can't sleep. My hand and feet are destroyed and my throat is getting worse. I've kept my little fella inside the last month and he's still getting sick and I'm catching EVERYTHING off him.

I really really really really feel like crying. I'm due my baby in about a week and this is just miserable. Think I'm gonna post this in moan thread aswell...

Ah Sligo :( that totally sucks. Just what you don't need at 9months pregnant :(

Had a terrible night again night is awful all the Braxton hicks pressure ramp up stop me sleeping and then can't sleep. They finally ease and then I wake up in morn with pain which gets worse all day... And rinse and repeat ;) ah well not much longer now!

Sligo that is horrible. Poor u and your LO.

Cyning i could of wrote that post myself. I find each day the pains are worse than the day before.

I woke last night like i was about to be sick. So fed up of feeling horrible.

Due in hospital this afternoon. I better not get that doc i got last time.

Foot and mouth, oh no! You poor thing!

I'm ten kinds of rage here in the hospital. Midwife clinic messed up again. Apparently I'm not on their list today for some admin reason. So off to the back of the consultants q again I go. Been here since 8 am. Still seen no-one. Nearly 3 hours later. Starving.
    If this doesn't shove up my bp nothing will.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 23,862 ✭✭✭✭January

pwurple wrote: »
    Foot and mouth, oh no! You poor thing!

I'm ten kinds of rage here in the hospital. Midwife clinic messed up again. Apparently I'm not on their list today for some admin reason. So off to the back of the consultants q again I go. Been here since 8 am. Still seen no-one. Nearly 3 hours later. Starving.
    If this doesn't shove up my bp nothing will.

At least it's them that made the mistake... I showed up for my appointment a week early.

• Registered Users Posts: 89 ✭✭stick girl

Sligo that is so awful!! Really sorry to hear.. Hope you feel better soon.

Hardly sleeping myself. Up and down all night. Can't get comfortable at all! Grrr.
    The end is in sight though with my C-section next wednesday. But like others here, so nervous about it all.

Plenty I could be doing..should be doing...but am so tired all i want to do is lay on couch or in bed and read....

Hosp app went well and only waiting 2 hours so not too bad really. Had my usual doc and don't think she was impressed about the whole ordeal of my last app. She also said baba is a fine size and make sure I have my bags ready.
    Also iron was 11 so ok to take it every second day .

So, they kept me in earlier. Fluid around baby was a bit low. Been on trace most of day waiting around. Gel is starting at 9, hopefully that will do something. So maybe baby tomorrow sometime!

• Advertisement

Oh fingers crossed pwurple :) they assured me over and over in hosp it never takes more than two rounds of gel to get things moving after a first pregnancy so hopefully you will! Hope all is good

First march baba on the way so. Best of luck pwurple. Send some labour pains to the rest of us.

• Registered Users Posts: 53 ✭✭moominn

Best of luck Pwurple, send some eviction vibes my way while youre at it:D

• Registered Users Posts: 154 ✭✭MissFire

Best of luck pwurple! Hope all goes well for you :)

Very busy up here tonight . Still on the trace waiting for first go of gel. Sometime in the next hour they tell me they will get to it. so hopefully by 2am. second round then 6 hours later. Bit zonked now tbh. Been in here since 8am... No chance of sleep now either.

• Registered Users Posts: 324 ✭✭LH2013

pwurple wrote: »
    Very busy up here tonight . Still on the trace waiting for first go of gel. Sometime in the next hour they tell me they will get to it. so hopefully by 2am. second round then 6 hours later. Bit zonked now tbh. Been in here since 8am... No chance of sleep now either.

Best of luck !!!!!

Oh pwurple you must be wrecked: I hope you got some sleep and the gel is doing it's job too :)

Best of luck today Pwurple!!! Sending big hugs and wishes that mum is doing well and has a happy healthy baby. X

Thanks Stickgirl, lot long now till Wednesday for you! How exciting.

Hope everyone else is doing well.

I was in holles St last night for the rash. They sent me home and told me to take Piriton for the soreness. Was the first good sleep I've had in ages. Nana has my LO and I know this sounds bad... But this is the first morning I've woken up in my own bed in 15months without having to go get him. Really weird feeling.... But I'm so relaxed....

• Registered Users Posts: 89 ✭✭stick girl

Good luck to you Pwurple! Hope everything goes perfectly and baby is healthy and happy.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 282 ✭✭Siipina

Good luck Pwurple, hope everything goes well :-)
    Sligo, I hope you are getting better soon. But a good night sleep does the world of good then.

had hospital appointment yesterday, nearly killed the diabetes consultant. Wanted to put me on insulin I am over 37 week now and the baby doc even said my sugar is not bad. He told me its all bad but in the notes he wrote it was good. And I have to say I really really cant stand his attitude.

At least the baby doc said baby is fine and because my spd is killing me I ll get an internal next week and if I am suitable a sweep as well. Jihhaaa.
    And now I need you girls... The doc seemed to be in a hurry and kind of rushed me out , not very nice, I never got the chance to ask what can happen. Like I know what a sweep does but should I bring my bag and my OH with me? Or can I go home?
    I always drop OH of at work and go to the hospital and pick him up then in the afternoon, cause I dont have a car anymore so I guess its best then if he comes with me? And does it work anyway?
    I know lots of questions :-)

Advertisement