Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

March 2014 Babies Club

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 3,251 ✭✭✭cyning

I have my hosp bag in car just in case there's any issues and you need to be admitted: but I live a bit from hospital so if I didn't I probably wouldn't be as bothered. A sweep if it works normally takes time but you can be quite crampy after it (it all depends how ready you are!) so I brought my hubby to drive home so I didn't have to. A sweep will only work if your body is ready for you to have baba: if not it won't. I had a sweep Tues, and bar totally losing my mucus plug and period-style cramps nothing! But it's worth a try if your facing an induction for medical reasons :) you should definitely be going home after the sweep... They can take up to 72 hours to work even if your very favourable apparently!

• Registered Users Posts: 1,816 ✭✭✭Suucee

With my daughter i had a sweep on the thurs. I didnt find it that bad. I brought OH but there really was no need.
    Had no pains after it.
    My waters broke on the fri night/sat morning.

Guys here again replacing facia and gutter and the dog is driving me up d wall. He hasnt stopped barking.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 12,449 ✭✭✭✭pwurple

Hurray, baby Cathy is here and well! Induction gel worked after 1 go. About 4 hours after it was put in the contractions started. 2 hrs later was 3cm on gas and air. Got epi, 3 hours later was time to push. 15 mins and baby was out! Piece o cake!
    And best of all, no longer prego!

Got some stitched buti asked for the surgeon to do them cos of last time. Baby is latching away fine too.

Good luck all. Not too much longer for ye hopefully!

• Registered Users Posts: 324 ✭✭LH2013

Congrats !!!!! Great news !!!!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,948 ✭✭✭Sligo1

Congrats congrats congrats pwurple!!! Delighted for ye. Welcome baby Cathy. Gorgeous name. How lovely xxxxxxx

• Advertisement

Woohoo!!! Oh yay second March baby first born in March :) fab name too!

Congrats pwurple. Lovely name. Glad ye are both doing well.

• Registered Users Posts: 282 ✭✭Siipina

Congrats pwurple, so great you both are well and happy, all the best to you :-)

• Registered Users Posts: 53 ✭✭moominn

Congratulations Pwurple!

Firsttimemammy - baby Grace born Feb 13th!
    Pwurple - baby Cathy due 10th born 7th

Cyning - -Girl due 14th
    Suucee - Boy due 15th
    Sligo1 - Girl due 17th
    Moominn - Boy due 17th
    Stick girl - girl due 17th
    polydactyl - unknown due 20th
    LH2012 - Boy due 21st
    Siipina - Boy due 26th
    Lou757 - unknown due 29th
    Vinz Mesrine - Girl due 30th

• Advertisement

Hmmm baby cyning had better make an appearance soon :D

If there's any truth to nesting: I bleached (well scrubbed with a minuscule amount of bleach!) all the downstairs internal doors today, then used those white sponges on them, washed toys, did the washing, hoovered, cleaned the bathroom, sorted the nappy changing unit, cleaned C's Minnie Mouse chair with both persil and fabric conditioner so it smells fab, polished and thoroughly scrubbed the kitchen.

So tomorrow upstairs :) this babs is getting too comfortable for my liking. Plus still back to back so that doesn't bode well for labour: Aside from washing the windows I have literally done everything it can think of to move her. Although C is sick tonight so I guess tomorrow will depend on tonight too.

Ha ha cyning ive the house as clean as it has ever been so resorted to doing some gardening today.
    Have few bits to do in the house tomorro and then off to buy some more bits for the garden. Have a list of bits i want to get done to spruce up the garden.
    No moving this baba either . Think hes in for the long haul.

I just cannot wait to have my little babs here safe and sound! Trying to keep myself busy and distracted but should probably try rest up a bit too.

Pwurples induction is making me feel a lot more positive that it might be faster than last time too :)

• Registered Users Posts: 92 ✭✭firsttimemammy

Big Congrats Pwurple!! And welcome to the world Cathy!! :)

Thanks everyone. They let us go home 24 hours after she was born, which was brill. Had first night had home with her now. My own milk hasn't come in yet, so am topping her up wth formula, so she is sleeping like a dream so far. Good feeder too.

pwurple wrote: »
    Thanks everyone. They let us go home 24 hours after she was born, which was brill. Had first night had home with her now. My own milk hasn't come in yet, so am topping her up wth formula, so she is sleeping like a dream so far. Good feeder too.

Awh sounds great. Glad ye are both doing well.

Really thought things were starting yesterday. Was getting pains all day and well into the evening. But typically they eased off. Getting so fed up. Woke me during the night then but eased again and nothing since.
    Got OH to go do the shopping yesterday evening just incase (he normally goes on a sun morning) . House is beyond clean, garden is weeded grass is cut (OH had to do that) fridge is full, freezer is full. Hoping something gets a move soon . Im SOOO uncomfortable.

I definitely think I'm gonna go over this time around! No mucous like last time, no braxton hicks like last time and just no kinds of symptoms whatsoever :(. I want to see my little girl!

Lots of mucous and the odd extremely painful Braxton Hicks... But the regularness of them is gone. My back and legs are super sore so no ball bouncing I'm too sore for it. So definitely going to be waiting for the gel to get things going I'd imagine!

I hate this stage!

I am over being pregnant :( The pressure is so bad tonight that its impossible to sit or stand :( walking hurts ......... Looking forward to giving birth !!!!

Good luck tomorro cyning. Another march baba on the way i hope.

• Advertisement

Ya first gel at ten tomorrow night second at 6 in morning and hopefully that's it. I had to go in last night to get checked out and they were asking me were the pains like C? The midwife made a face of pure sympathy when I said I got five rounds of gel I wouldn't have a clue ;)

They filled in all my paperwork last night too so don't have to go in untill 9ish now so can put C to bed too. All going according to plan that means I'll be home Thurs only one night away for bedtime :) getting all excited now!

Aw best of luck Cyning!

Best of luck exciting !!!

It'll be better than you expect cyning, I'm sure! I was dreading that induction from the moment they told me they were keeping me in for it, but all the midwives told me it's much much faster than a first pregnancy. They don't usually even give the oxytocin at all unless you are on first pregnancy, cos it goes too fast with it. And your cervix never really fully closes after you've given birth once, so you've got a head start there already.

All I'll say is watch what you eat tomorrow. The poor girl sharing the room with me was constipated... Post childbirth bathroom visit was worse than the birth she said. Eek!

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 2,833 ✭✭✭Vinz Mesrine

It's good to see(possibly not the right phrase :) ) that other ladies are in the same boat as my girlfriend, she is completely over being pregnant now, she just wants our daughter here :)

Oh god pwurple the thoughts of it!! I did t need ARM or drip last time so fingers crossed the gel just works faster this time ;) also just in case anyone reading this is thinking induction is awful 5 rounds of gel is extremely rare! Most hospitals have a policy of 3 it seems...

Vinz totally normal this stage of pregnancy sucks sucks sucks!

C is sick have to bring her to doc in morning now aagh.

Getting the "anything stirring?" Phone calls already.
    Agggghhh
    Out baba out.

Oh cyning poor lil woman. Bad timing .

Terrible timing... And yes those phone calls. 4 calls fr my mother today. 4. It's not like she doesn't know I'm being induced tomorrow night. 3 from my mil. Text messages. Even my dad rang me. Like I'm going to have baby and ye won't know?!8

Im so fed up if being pregnant. Seriously. Nesting to the extreme that there is nothing left to do. Even hoovered the car today.
    I want this baby out. Im sick of waiting. Sick of getting braxton hicks. Sick of needing to pee every 5 mins.
    I was really looking forward to bringing my 22 month old to parade as weather is supposed to be nice and didnt see much last year due to bad weather but i will prob be still bloody pregnant.
    Agggh i so want to meet my little boy . Ive resorted to talking to my bump and telling him were waiting.
    I asked OH last night if he was getting excited and he said its starting to really drag on. Eh im the one thats pregnant.
    Seriously feel like ive been pregnant forever.

Ugh rant over. (For now)

I may look this up the next time i get broody...

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 834 ✭✭✭amor3

Cyning hope all went well today and baby is safely in your arms by now.

Pwurple, congrats on the arrival of your new daughter, hope your enjoying the cuddles.

My induction went very well last week and our baby girl was born last Wednesday weighing a healthy 7 lb 7 oz at 7.07pm, we were out the next morning and she is settling nicely.

Looking forward to reading about more new arrivals over the coming days & weeks xx

Advertisement