Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

March 2014 Babies Club

Options

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,948 ✭✭✭Sligo1

Congratulations Amor! Absolutely delighted for you! Hope all is going well.

Suucee I hear ya! I'm so over it. Going to go over this time. Everybody including hospital staff telling me I don't "look" like I'm gonna go anytime soon. What the heck did I look like last time!!? Lols

• Registered Users Posts: 3,251 ✭✭✭cyning

Congrats Amor delighted for you x

I have had one lot of gel but will definitely need second in morn, maybe more. Just not favourable :( my new most hated word! Terrible back ache so hoping it's doing something and I think back ache is more common with back to back pregnancies?

• Registered Users Posts: 324 ✭✭LH2013

I feel like a complete whinger ...... Can not sleep ....... I feel ick , sore , uncomfortable and just plain weird :mad:

• Registered Users Posts: 1,816 ✭✭✭Suucee

Congrats amor.

Cyning hope it starts working for you soon.

Firsttimemammy - baby Grace born Feb 13th!
    Amor3 - baby girl born 5th march
    Pwurple - baby Cathy due 10th born 7th march

Cyning - -Girl due 14th
    Suucee - Boy due 15th
    Sligo1 - Girl due 17th
    Moominn - Boy due 17th
    Stick girl - girl due 17th
    polydactyl - unknown due 20th
    LH2012 - Boy due 21st
    Siipina - Boy due 26th
    Lou757 - unknown due 29th
    Vinz Mesrine - Girl due 30th

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 282 ✭✭Siipina

congratulations amor, great everything went well.
    cyning, Ill cross the fingers for you. Hope your baby will be here soon.

Had a awful night nearly no sleep, cant sit, cant stand and worst cant lie, not on the side nor back without pain.
    Baby seems more than comfortable in there and I hope and yes I already prayed that the sweep tomorrow will do something.
    On the other hand after reading this http://www.thejournal.ie/symphysiotomy-uncat-1356352-Mar2014/ last night, I am actually thinking what am I complaining about. Yes I am in pain but it will be over soon ( I hope). Nothing compared to these woman. I really should stop winging and start to be thankful.

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 2,833 ✭✭✭Vinz Mesrine

So I was laying in bed earlier having dropped the OH to bed only to get a phone call an hour or so later telling me she has to go to the hospital straight away. She had her blood pressure taken in work and was told by her GP to leave and get straight to hospital.

So I'm here now in reception while she is in admissions, this is the worst part because I've no idea what's happening.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,251 ✭✭✭cyning

Baby Sinead born at 943 this morning weighing a fabulous 8lbs 12ozs :) we are both doing really well :) I only needed one gel and waters broke on their own this morning no epidural just a tens and gas and air :) It just went too fast! No major pains until this morning after waters went and she was born just over 2 hours later.

Vinz hope your girlfriend is ok let us know you must have gotten such a fright.

Woohoo congrats cyning.
    Were having a record for earlies. Hope it continues but doubt it.

Vinz hope all ok.

Firsttimemammy - baby Grace born Feb 13th!
    Amor3 - baby girl born 5th march
    Pwurple - baby Cathy due 10th born 7th march
    Cyning - baby Sinead due 14th born 12th march

Suucee - Boy due 15th
    Sligo1 - Girl due 17th
    Moominn - Boy due 17th
    Stick girl - girl due 17th
    polydactyl - unknown due 20th
    LH2012 - Boy due 21st
    Siipina - Boy due 26th
    Lou757 - unknown due 29th
    Vinz Mesrine - Girl due 30th

• Advertisement

Congrats !!!!!!!
    Great news :) Lets hope we all have early babies ;)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 12,449 ✭✭✭✭pwurple

Congrats amor3 and cyning! Cyning, I hoped when I read you had the back pains so soon after the gel that things were going fast alright. :D Good on ya. How awesome are fast labours compared to first births eh?

Vinz, if she has gone in with high blood pressure and they are admitting, then they are probably considering either inducing or doing a section if they suspect pre-eclampsia.

Either way, really good it was picked up, excellent that she is in hospital, and hopefully you will have your new baby soon!

Succee, and other ladies who are mighty fed up. I didn't realise this, but you can ask for an induction anytime after 38 weeks and it seems like they will pretty much just do it. When I was on the induction ward, there were 6 of us there. 3 were referred in (high bp or low waters) but the other three girls had asked for inductions to be scheduled. Seemed very civilised to know what day baby is coming along on. If I was going again, I'd probably try that!

pwurple wrote: »
    Succee, and other ladies who are mighty fed up. I didn't realise this, but you can ask for an induction anytime after 38 weeks and it seems like they will pretty much just do it. When I was on the induction ward, there were 6 of us there. 3 were referred in (high bp or low waters) but the other three girls had asked for inductions to be scheduled. Seemed very civilised to know what day baby is coming along on. If I was going again, I'd probably try that!

Im in gps tomorrow then not due back to hosp until next thurs so will be mighty fed up by then . With first pregnancy i wasnt like this . Just feeling so fed up now. I have everything ready and just so frustrated. I cant even describe it.

Still waiting but at least she was allowed out to reception for a while. We have been waiting for the doctor to finish in the clinic so she can be seen, she has just gone back in.

We're both kind of hoping to see her today :)

• Registered Users Posts: 834 ✭✭✭amor3

Ah Cyning a massive congrats xx

Massive congratulations Cyning! Delighted for ye! And such a great weight! Xxx

Vinz, all the best and hopefully everything goes well and you have her today.
    Cyning, congratulations for your new baby. :-)

She was kept in for the night as a precaution even though her blood pressure had dropped a considerable amount since this afternoon.

She was kept in for the night as a precaution even though her blood pressure had dropped a considerable amount since this afternoon.

Glad shes doing ok.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 12,449 ✭✭✭✭pwurple

That's a relief Vinz.

• Advertisement

Sweep done so hopefully we'll have news by the end of the weekend

Have hospital tomorrow ..... May be getting a sweep eek !!!!!!

Bump has seriously dropped and the pressure when walking , sitting and lying is unreal !!!

sweep was done, wasn`t that bad :-) If nothing moves until Tuesday, Ill get gel Tuesday evening.
    He he he eviction notice is send now :-)

Siipina wrote: »
    sweep was done, wasn`t that bad :-) If nothing moves until Tuesday, Ill get gel Tuesday evening.
    He he he eviction notice is send now :-)

Im glad you said sweep wasnt that bad !! I have heard horror stories !!!!

Hope things start moving for you both over the weekend.
    I had a sweep with no 1 and didnt find it that bad at all. I actually found a smear worse (didnt find that that bad either) .

LH2013 wrote: »
    Im glad you said sweep wasnt that bad !! I have heard horror stories !!!!

It was a bit uncomfortable but that was all,was even surprised that it was already done :-) heard so many horror story's as well but I my mum told me once the best if you get an internal or something down there done is to relax every muscle and pretend you are a big wet sack. :-) I know it sounds funny but it works for me every time. Since then I never had a painful experience :-D

How come you guys are getting sweeps done when you're not due for another week or so?? Is it because of the SPD? I'm so tempted to ask for one... Lol. Hope they work for ye and ye get to see you're beautiful babies soon :)

Sligo1 wrote: »
    How come you guys are getting sweeps done when you're not due for another week or so?? Is it because of the SPD? I'm so tempted to ask for one... Lol. Hope they work for ye and ye get to see you're beautiful babies soon :)

No idea why she was given one today, very unexpected considering she was only in for high blood pressure and had no pain whatsoever.

No idea why she was given one today, very unexpected considering she was only in for high blood pressure and had no pain whatsoever.

Perhaps with high BP they want baby out sooner... Hope your GF is doing well :)

• Advertisement

For me is it because of the diabetes, at least something positive out of that :-) The consultant told me they don't want us to go much over 38 weeks.

Advertisement