Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

March 2014 Babies Club

Options

Comments

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 2,833 ✭✭✭Vinz Mesrine

Sligo1 wrote: »
    Perhaps with high BP they want baby out sooner... Hope your GF is doing well :)

They gave her a tablet and it dropped right down, she was even asking to come home.

• Registered Users Posts: 324 ✭✭LH2013

How come you guys are getting sweeps done when you're not due for another week or so?? Is it because of the SPD? I'm so tempted to ask for one... Lol. Hope they work for ye and ye get to see you're beautiful babies soon :)

They want me to get one and if it doesnt work they want to induce me ... Cause the "think' the baby is big ;) So I said Yes to sweep no to induction !

She's being induced today, sh1t just got real!!

• Registered Users Posts: 1,816 ✭✭✭Suucee

She's being induced today, sh1t just got real!!

Oh best of luck. How exciting.

• Registered Users Posts: 282 ✭✭Siipina

all the best, I am sure they will be fine :-)

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 3,948 ✭✭✭Sligo1

Best of luck!!!

• Registered Users Posts: 3,251 ✭✭✭cyning

Fingers crossed we hear soon :) best of luck!

• Registered Users Posts: 834 ✭✭✭amor3

Best of luck vinz..

Had the roughest internal today :0 Totally crampy and sore all evening .... Feeling generally sorry for myself ! I declined induction until I was overdue as there is nothing wrong with the baby !! The doc tried to say that his shoulders will be too large for birthing if I dont get induced ..... Am if that is the case why induce and not section ?! I reckon they just scare monger / over react !!

LH2013 wrote: »
    Had the roughest internal today :0 Totally crampy and sore all evening .... Feeling generally sorry for myself ! I declined induction until I was overdue as there is nothing wrong with the baby !! The doc tried to say that his shoulders will be too large for birthing if I dont get induced ..... Am if that is the case why induce and not section ?! I reckon they just scare monger / over react !!

Awh hopefully the sweep will work and you wont have any of that to worry about.

• Advertisement

Hope you're feeling ok LH and hope the sweep works for you.

No induction today as the labour ward is full. It's annoying that partners get sent home at 9pm, also the hospital we are in is currently closed to visitors apart from partners so it'll be hard to keep new grandparents away :)

Hopefully we get a bit of movement tomorrow.

No induction today as the labour ward is full. It's annoying that partners get sent home at 9pm, also the hospital we are in is currently closed to visitors apart from partners so it'll be hard to keep new grandparents away :)

Hopefully we get a bit of movement tomorrow.

That's a pity Vinz. Can I ask if ye are in holles street? I'm trying to gauge whether its going to be busy there over the next couple days.

That's a pity Vinz. Can I ask if ye are in holles street? I'm trying to gauge whether its going to be busy there over the next couple days.

We're in Limerick, it's absolutely full to capacity or at least that's the impression I'm getting. We were told earlier they may start the induction at 10pm so I'm just waiting on a text or call to let me know what's happening. I can't imagine they'll do it this late but I'm fairly clueless about this despite already being through it a few years ago.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 12,449 ✭✭✭✭pwurple

If its gel, I asked about this last week. They prefer to start the gel at night, so that the labour starts in the morning, and the delivery is during the day.

Good luck.

We're in Limerick, it's absolutely full to capacity or at least that's the impression I'm getting. We were told earlier they may start the induction at 10pm so I'm just waiting on a text or call to let me know what's happening. I can't imagine they'll do it this late but I'm fairly clueless about this despite already being through it a few years ago.

They may leave it if they have no beds and everything is well with ur wife and baby. It must be pretty frustrating for ye!

I'm in holles st and my friend who works there told me 2 days ago all there beds in postnatal were full :(. She's not working again for another week now and I'm dreading going in if the place is that full :(

pwurple wrote: »
    If its gel, I asked about this last week. They prefer to start the gel at night, so that the labour starts in the morning, and the delivery is during the day.

Good luck.

Ah ok.
    A lady in the same ward today had gel put in at about 11.30 this morning, she was still in the ward at 7.30 this eveninf. We went outside for a walk for a few minutes, when we came back she had gone to the labour ward, a nurse came in to us at 8.15, she had given birth. It's crazy how quick it happened.

They may leave it if they have no beds and everything is well with ur wife and baby. It must be pretty frustrating for ye!

I'm in holles st and my friend who works there told me 2 days ago all there beds in postnatal were full :(. She's not working again for another week now and I'm dreading going in if the place is that full :(

I overheard 2 nurses tonight saying that they were going to turn the room we're in into a postnatal room as soon as possible.

I was in Limerick today and it was the first time I had seen a Q of people in the admissions waiting room ! Also every second woman in the clinic seemed to be coming in for induction in the next few days !!!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,284 ✭✭✭Chattastrophe!

I overheard 2 nurses tonight saying that they were going to turn the room we're in into a postnatal room as soon as possible.

Jesus no pressure, eh ... :mad:

• Advertisement

I'm in the waiting room since 3.30/4 this morning. They started the induction at about 1.30 last night and I didn't want to risk missing anything by staying at home waiting for a phone call, she is still in the regular ward, in the throws of labour and I can't go up until 9 o'clock.

I think its crap that you have to wait in waiting room ..... Should be allowed to stay with her thru out ! Thats my fear .. Being left on my own :( I hope it all goes well for you today !!!!!

I think its crap that you have to wait in waiting room ..... Should be allowed to stay with her thru out ! Thats my fear .. Being left on my own :( I hope it all goes well for you today !!!!!

If she was in the labour ward I would be allowed in with her, it's a strange rule.

• Registered Users Posts: 154 ✭✭MissFire

I second that.. I would hate to be on my own in pain without familiar face.. I'd kick up if I were you and go up there.. Feckin stupid rule.. Hope everything goes well for ye today, good luck!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 12,449 ✭✭✭✭pwurple

If she was in the labour ward I would be allowed in with her, it's a strange rule.

That's awful, you poor things. My husband was allowed stay with me the whole time.

Very strange ! I often think the poor dads are soooo left out of stuff !! I know my OH will prob sit in car if he is not allowed in ... Like you he would be afraid to go hme in case something happened ! I wonder is it a Limerick rule or is it the same everywhere ?!

MissFire wrote: »
    I second that.. I would hate to be on my own in pain without familiar face.. I'd kick up if I were you and go up there.. Feckin stupid rule.. Hope everything goes well for ye today, good luck!

+100

Ah thats madness. I can see why you dont want to go home. Thats unfair on you and your OH .

On the plus side you will have your baba today. Best of luck.

• Registered Users Posts: 8,023 ✭✭✭youcancallmeal

I'm in the waiting room since 3.30/4 this morning. They started the induction at about 1.30 last night and I didn't want to risk missing anything by staying at home waiting for a phone call, she is still in the regular ward, in the throws of labour and I can't go up until 9 o'clock.

Wow that's mad, I would be kicking up a BIG fuss if that was me! I wonder what would happen if you just walked in and said I'm staying with my wife, you'll have to get security to remove me if you want!? Basically call their bluff?

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 3,284 ✭✭✭Chattastrophe!

That is absolutely insane!

Advertisement