Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

March 2014 Babies Club

Options

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,948 ✭✭✭Sligo1

If that were me id kick up a massive stink! Surely they can't stop a partner being with a woman in the throws of labour. If that were me in labour id try get up and walk out demanding my partner be there. (Easier said than done while in labour obviously!). If hate to be in there without my husband! What is this.... The dark ages?

• Registered Users Posts: 282 ✭✭Siipina

Its the same rule in Drogheda. I ll get the gel prob Tuesday evening and OH have to go home, he cant stay with me. I dont get why. I am scared that he will not be with me when baby is coming. :-(

Siipina wrote: »
    Its the same rule in Drogheda. I ll get the gel prob Tuesday evening and OH have to go home, he cant stay with me. I dont get why. I am scared that he will not be with me when baby is coming. :-(

But can u call him to come in if you go into labour?

yeah, they told me they will cal him if something happens but its a bit of a drive and my mum was very fast with all her deliverys so I have a good chance of being fast as well and then what happens if they dont notice early enough that they have to call him? The funny thing is I am not worried about the whole thing itself only that he is not there with me :-)

Siipina wrote: »
    yeah, they told me they will cal him if something happens but its a bit of a drive and my mum was very fast with all her deliverys so I have a good chance of being fast as well and then what happens if they dont notice early enough that they have to call him? The funny thing is I am not worried about the whole thing itself only that he is not there with me :-)

Awe Hun, that would really stress me out. Keep your mobile on you. I'd be calling him as soon as I even felt a twinge! And I wouldn't be feeling bad about it....

• Advertisement

Sligo1 wrote: »
    Awe Hun, that would really stress me out. Keep your mobile on you. I'd be calling him as soon as I even felt a twinge! And I wouldn't be feeling bad about it....

O I will, already told him :D

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 2,833 ✭✭✭Vinz Mesrine

All done :)
    Waters were broken at 10.30, Leah was born at 11.48. Only 5lbs 12oz, she's friggin tiny.

Aw congrats Vinz!!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 12,449 ✭✭✭✭pwurple

Congrats! Gosh that was fast!

That's a really unpleasant rule about you not being allowed up. I told my husband to head off and get some sleep while I got the gel, but we live about ten mins from the hospital and I wasn't nervous this time.

I did the same on my first labour, but it was a big mistake then. I tried pethidene and didn't react well too it. Fell off the bed, got really disorientated, vomitting, trying to go home. They ended up putting the sides of the bed up so i couldn't get out. Horrible, and even worse cos I was scared, surrounded by strangers, and didn't know what was going on. If he had been there it wouldn't have been half as bad. I phoned him as soon as it wore off and told him to come back in. There was no rule banning partners though... And I don't see the point if it either. Everyone is different, and every labour is different. A bit of support when you want it makes all the difference. Why stress out a woman in labour?

• Registered Users Posts: 324 ✭✭LH2013

Awww congrats !! Quick in the end !

• Advertisement

congrats vinz, that was quick :-)

• Registered Users Posts: 834 ✭✭✭amor3

Congrats to you both vinz on the arrival of baby Leah..

• Registered Users Posts: 1,816 ✭✭✭Suucee

Congrats vinz. How there both doing well.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 23,862 ✭✭✭✭January

On my last I was kept in for observation after my waters broke, my partner was sent home at about 9.30 and I started getting pains not long after he left, thank god he only went to his mothers house because if he'd gone home he wouldn't have made it back because the midwives never rang him when they were moving me to delivery... I rang him myself and he raced in in a taxi and got there just as I started pushing.

It's absolutely mental.

Congrats Vinz :)

• Registered Users Posts: 53 ✭✭moominn

Congratulations Vinz!

Any guys here already have kids ? What was it like when your waters broke ?!

LH2013 wrote: »

Not sure what you mean LH. Mine were broken for me at the hospital... But it's like someone poured a luke-warm cup of tea down your legs.

Sorry if tmi . I got a bad pain in tummy and ran to the loo. Had bad diahrea then just felt wet after . Popped a pad on and was still bit leaky. Wasnt too sure if they were gone so rang the hosp and explained. They were gone.

Do you think there gone or just wondering..

I think there gone ..... Felt like I had wet myself and leaking ever since .. Sorry TMI !!!!

I think there gone ..... Felt like I had wet myself and leaking ever since .. Sorry TMI !!!!

Sounds like the sweep worked!

• Advertisement

Yep think pwurple may be right. Time to head hosp i think. In my case sweep worked too waters went but no contractions until i was put on oxytocin.

Best of luck.

Ha ha totally and its my late granddads birthday today , so would be fab if he was born today !!!

Goodluck LH! Sounds like they're gone alright! Mine went in bed. Big gush for me that didnt stop so needed to get into a hospital with a towel between my legs! Lol. Get thee to the hospital!! Lol

Hope all goes well!

I'm so jeaous...

• Registered Users Posts: 8,023 ✭✭✭youcancallmeal

My wife's waters broke this morning at 6 am, she's 7 days overdue. She said she got up to go to the toilet and when she finished liquid just kept coming out! Went into hospital at 8am and they monitored baby's heartbeat for half an hour. Contractions haven't started properly yet so sent home and will go back in for induction tomorrow morning at 8am. They only let you go 24 hours due to risk of infection. Hopefully contractions start of their own accord before then but wife is delighted that things have at least started moving.

• Registered Users Posts: 20 lou757

Congrats to everyone who has had a new arrival, and best of luck to everyone still waiting! ! Very jealous still have two weeks left looks like no.4 is in no hurry to meet us! Will be giving birth in limk also sound's like its a full house in there, might just wait till next week lol

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 2,833 ✭✭✭Vinz Mesrine

Jesus I'm shattered :)
    Hopefully getting my 2 girls home tomorrow so everyone can meet the new arrival. The only bad thing is it will be a few more days before she meets her big sister.

My waters broke at 8, but not really contractions. In the hospital now and waiting for something to start. I have some contractions but just a bit pain. Hopefully it's gonna start soon.

• Registered Users Posts: 53 ✭✭moominn

Lucky you Siipina! Hope you have it handy, best of luck!

• Registered Users Posts: 8,023 ✭✭✭youcancallmeal

My wife's waters broke this morning at 6 am, she's 7 days overdue. She said she got up to go to the toilet and when she finished liquid just kept coming out! Went into hospital at 8am and they monitored baby's heartbeat for half an hour. Contractions haven't started properly yet so sent home and will go back in for induction tomorrow morning at 8am. They only let you go 24 hours due to risk of infection. Hopefully contractions start of their own accord before then but wife is delighted that things have at least started moving.

Back in hospital again after the contractions started earlier today at home and got to 5 mins apart. Got internal exam but midwife says cervix has a long way to go yet which is very disappointing :( After lots of debate she took pethidine but seems to have little to no effect which nurse finds quite odd. If anything contractions coming faster and more painful than before? Its going to be a long night ahead. On the plus side Holles St seems very quiet on the ante natal ward, only 4 out of 12 beds occupied.

• Advertisement

Best of luck siipini and youcancallmeal.

My toddler has a snotty nose past few days which has now developped into a cough. Yesterday her eyes weeping so kinda think it might be conjuctivitis. And hey great i woke this morning with a sore throat and couldnt open my eyes. They were stuck together. Toddler doesnt even seem as bad.

Advertisement