Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

March 2014 Babies Club

Options

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 12,449 ✭✭✭✭pwurple

Oh the poor thing. How awful. And poor you as well! Good you have your sister around to help out at least.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,816 ✭✭✭Suucee

So doc offered a sweep. I explained about LO being unwell but doc said would be no major worry with newborn catching it.
    I was a bit worried though with leaving LO if i do go in but i suppose it could be any day anyway.
    But doc ended up not being able to do the sweep. Was actually so uncomfortable. I had sweep with my daughter and it wasnt half as bad as today considering she couldnt do it.

Thankfully LO seems to be improving. Appetite returning and in good form this evening. But has already woken once since going to bed so hoping were not in for another rough night.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,251 ✭✭✭cyning

Suuccee my little girl was still on antibiotics when we got home... And she still has a cold and a wonderfully snotty nose! But despite the fact she kisses S all of the time she didn't pick anything up so try not to worry too much :)

Thats great to know cyning. She is on the mend but i think half of my worry is actually leaving her when shes unwell.

Hope you LO feeling better now and settling with the new arrival.
    Actually how did that go down. What does she make of the new baba.

It was a real worry for me too... Not helped by the fact she normally needs to be forced to take antibiotics.

She's adjusting quite well: sleep is a bit of an issue but c loves giving s loads of kisses and hugs and gets upset if she cries so fingers crossed she continues to like her when the novelty wears off

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 53 ✭✭moominn

Had a sweep this afternoon, hope to god it gets things started.... :P

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,948 ✭✭✭Sligo1

Fingers crossed for you Moominn

Awh cyning . That sounds so cute.

Moomin fingers crossed for you. Worked for me with no 1 but no joy evem doing it yesterday. Doc said cervix completly closed. Was so uncomfortable.

LO drove me demented today. And half the bloody roads in town closed due to road works . I was so relieved when OH got home then his sis called for a visit. His mum called yesterday and monday. Baby not even here and visiting already started. Wouldnt be as bad if they rang first but just arrive unannounced. Plus im a major stickler for A's bedtime routine especially with her being unwell and new baby coming and they arrive then .

Im gona try wind down now. In pjs, nice mug of hot choc and a dairy milk. If anyone calls they will be ignored.

Aw your last paragraph sounds glorious suucee. Hope ur ok and hope LO is feeling better soon.

Hope sweep works!

I'm zonked. Baby is hitting the two week grouchy phase.

Had a fright today with a bleed. Soaked three mat pads in an hour. Eased off again, and i was at gp for 2 week checkup anyway and it had stopped by then. She let me knowthat what i thought was some very bad bruising around my tear and stitches was actually some labour induced external piles! Oh dear. The glamour of pregnancy eh!

Think i won't be having any more after this one... Not least because i'll probably be in my fifties before a roll in the hay is back on the cards with the state of my bits and pieces.

• Advertisement

Oh pwurple how scary. I had a scare like that with A. Such major heavy bleeding. Actually thought i had burst stiches or something. Was freaking out. Was in the evening so rang my sis crying. She told me to have a bath and put my feet up and relax. It worked too. I had been doing so much that day rather than taking it easy.
    Cant believe your already at the 2 week mark. Thats mad.
    Im also thinking this will be the last. Its been such a tough pregnancy . I always wanted 3 but reconsidering now. Especially since we will have 1 of each.
    On the other hand. Were both still fairly young so god only knows how ill feel in 5 yrs time when there in school.

Pwurple ur so funny... Lol... But it sounds horrendous. Poor thing. Hope your feeling ok (down there) soon.

• Registered Users Posts: 324 ✭✭LH2013

Baby Lh and I are finally home !!!!! Day 5 after section !!! Im pretty zonked and sore but soooooooo happy to be home !!!

LH2013 wrote: »
    Baby Lh and I are finally home !!!!! Day 5 after section !!! Im pretty zonked and sore but soooooooo happy to be home !!!

Great news LH. Hope you and baby are doing well :).

• Registered Users Posts: 324 ✭✭LH2013

Sligo1 wrote: »
    Great news LH. Hope you and baby are doing well :).

We are doing great though the hubbie is doing it all ! I would be totally lost without him !!! Breastfeeding did not work at all ! Midwives were not very helpful and i was sooo stressed out i was crying and everything ! Ugh .... I had tried so hard to make it work !!

Don't worry about it LH. One day, or one breastfeed, or even a tiny bit of colostrum is a success.they will have gotten a good start to their gut.

I didn't manage to keep it up either. Way too painful for me, I was finding it hard to bond with her it was so sore, and that is important to me as well. It's very easy to beat yourself up over it and feel guilty. Baby will be just fine, happy mammy = happy baby.

Baby Lilly born (finally!!!) Monday 24th march at 01.10am weighing 7lb9oz. Beautiful healthy little pet. Had a very quick delivery. Went into hospital at 12.10am and she was out an hour later. Think i went into shock after! lol Hope all mums and babies r doing well xxx

• Registered Users Posts: 20 lou757

Congrats sligo1 delighted everything went well in the end for you!! Beautiful name too!

I have tried everything to get this baby moving, lots of aches but still here!! Sweep on wed. hopefully will get things going would love to be done and dusted by the weekend!!!

Congrats Sligo. Loving the name.

Lou im still here too. Attemped a sweep thurs but was unfavourable. Back in this thurs. And will be given a date for induction then.

Firsttimemammy - baby Grace born Feb 13th!
    Amor3 - baby girl born 5th march
    Pwurple - baby Cathy due 10th born 7th march
    Cyning - baby Sinead due 14th born 12th march
    Vinz Mesrine - Baby Leah due 30th born 15th
    Youcancallmeal - Baby girl born 17th
    LH2012 - Baby Noah due 21st born 18th
    Sligo - baby Lilly born 24th

Suucee - Boy due 15th
    Moominn - Boy due 17th
    Stick girl - girl due 17th
    polydactyl - unknown due 20th
    Siipina - Boy due 26th
    Lou757 - unknown due 29th[/quote]

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 8,023 ✭✭✭youcancallmeal

Our little girl Dayna is one week old now and things are starting to become a bit more manageable. First couple of nights at home were very sleepless but last night was great. Put her down around midnight and she slept through to 5am, fed her for an hour or so and then she slept until nearly 11am. My wife is breast feeding and it seems to be going really well.

Wahoo, congrats sligo1! Lovely name.

• Registered Users Posts: 282 ✭✭Siipina

ah congratulations Sligo, I love the name.

Have to say I am a bit proud of myself, the breastfeeding is going well after a few bumps on the road and little baby Kieran seems to be the starter model :-) The only thing is he needs to sleep with me at night and everybody is telling me that he should sleep on his own. I guess he will do in a few weeks. On the other hand OH is happy so he can get a good night sleep cause baby isnt waking him up :-)

Congrats Sligo! Love the name delighted she finally made an appearance for you!

Siipina S is sleeping on my chest right now too :) S has a tongue tie we need snipped so feeding isn't going great but once that's sorted we should be flying hopefully!

• Registered Users Posts: 834 ✭✭✭amor3

Awh, congrats on the safe arrival of baby lily Sligo x

• Registered Users Posts: 834 ✭✭✭amor3

Lou & Suucee good luck with the sweeps this week.. Hope they get things moving for you.

• Registered Users Posts: 53 ✭✭moominn

Congrats Sligo!

Baby born Sunday morning, 8.10lbs. Feeding going well, hes quite mucousy though so a bit unsettled when trying to sleep. Image of his brother:D

• Registered Users Posts: 20 lou757

Congrats moomin delighted everything went well for you, enjoy your little man !!!

moominn wrote: »
    Congrats Sligo!

Baby born Sunday morning, 8.10lbs. Feeding going well, hes quite mucousy though so a bit unsettled when trying to sleep. Image of his brother:D

Big Congratulations Moominn!! Great size wee fella. X

• Advertisement

Congrats moominn

Advertisement