Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

March 2014 Babies Club

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 1,773 ✭✭✭Synyster Shadow

Well congrats hoping I won't have long left. They say let sleeping babies lie. He'll be awake soon as enough I can bet cuddle him forever then

Something special bout little boys

• Registered Users Posts: 1,816 ✭✭✭Suucee

Well congrats hoping I won't have long left. They say let sleeping babies lie. He'll be awake soon as enough I can bet cuddle him forever then

Something special bout little boys

Oh yea wouldnt dream of waking him. Im smelling breakfast so i want to get that into me before he wakes.

Sitting here staring at him trying to pick a name.
    Think im still bit doped up.

We couldn't choose a name for sure the whole way through then the second we seen him we just knew.

Had ye any in mind or are they all out the window now?

You have time yet anyway.

Wonder how the breakfast is. I didn't sleep after j was born just watched him

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,948 ✭✭✭Sligo1

Suucee wrote: »
    Wee man (no name) born at 4.10 weighing 7lb 14oz.

Happy mothers day.

:-)

Yayayayayay!!! I'm so happy for ye! He's finally here!!! Such a beautiful Mother's Day present. I love little boys.... I want another one.... Lol.

When my 15 month old was going to bed last night I said to him... Give the baby a kiss. OMG... He was so cute. He came over to Lilly and gave her a little kiss on the cheek. It was sweetest thing ever. So happy to have such a gorgeous little family. And I'm so happy I have the energy to give to my little boy now aswell.

Pwurple you are so right. It's so much easier when the baby is out. I felt like I was really neglecting my son and felt like a terrible mum. Now I can run after him and play with him properly. Feels so awesome!

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 12,449 ✭✭✭✭pwurple

Yay suucee! March baby after all! :)

• Registered Users Posts: 3,251 ✭✭✭cyning

Woohoo Succee! Delighted for you :) brilliant Mother's Day present!

• Registered Users Posts: 834 ✭✭✭amor3

Suucee great news to be waking up to on mothers day!! Congratulations, delighted for you :-)

• Registered Users Posts: 89 ✭✭stick girl

Congrats to all the new march Mums here!!!! Had my beautiful little girl on the 12th. 7lbs 6oz. she was a week early so we're playing a bit of catch up now. Saoirse is what we're calling her. The 2+ weeks have just flown. Recovery from C-section was ok...still feeling it, but i look at my sweet baby and can't believe the miracle she is. So good!

• Registered Users Posts: 89 ✭✭stick girl

Special Mothers day congrats to you Suucee!

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 23,862 ✭✭✭✭January

Congrats Suucee!

Aw that's brilliant news stick girl :) love hearing about all the babas!

• Registered Users Posts: 53 ✭✭moominn

Congratulations Suucee, delighted for
    you :)

• Registered Users Posts: 20 lou757

Well guess who arrived exactly on her due date little miss lydia 8lbs 11 oz she is so beautiful I am totally in love with her and my other 3 kids are smitten too !!! Admitted to labour ward at 7 and she was born at 20:38 after some gas and a shot of pethidine.
    Congratulations succee delighted we have March babies after all certainly worth the wait!!

Big congratulations Lou!!!

Woohoo Lou :) loving all the baby news!

• Registered Users Posts: 53 ✭✭moominn

Congratulations Lou!

Firsttimemammy - baby born Feb 13th!
    Amor3 - baby born 5th march
    Pwurple - baby born 7th march
    Cyning - baby born 12th march
    Stick girl - Baby born 12th
    Vinz Mesrine - Baby born 15th
    Youcancallmeal - Baby born 17th
    Siipina - Baby born 17th
    LH2012 - Baby born 18th
    Moominn - Baby born 23rd
    Sligo - Baby born 24th
    Suucee - Baby born 30th
    Lou757 - baby born 29th

Congratulations Lou

Congrats Lou and stick girl.
    Jeez im so tired. Luke (finally has a name) is a great sleeper. Going 4 hours between feeds and needs to be woken after the 4hrs. But between 1 mammy who keeps singing to her baba or talking on the phone. And another whos partner never leaves. Was still here after 12 . Im getting next to no sleep.
    Im such a light sleeper anyway so every whimper from every baba is waking me.

All going well though i will be getting hone in the morning or early afternoon.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 282 ✭✭Siipina

congratulations Lou and stick girl. Well all our babys are here now :-)

I am in bits, have a full blown mastitis and my nipples are on fire for the last two weeks. I am really thinking about giving up breastfeeding. On the other hand everybody is telling me how much better it is for the baby. Of cause it is but I am sure baby is much more happy if mommy is not crying while feeding or even thinking about feeding all the time.

Siipina wrote: »
    congratulations Lou and stick girl. Well all our babys are here now :-)

I am in bits, have a full blown mastitis and my nipples are on fire for the last two weeks. I am really thinking about giving up breastfeeding. On the other hand everybody is telling me how much better it is for the baby. Of cause it is but I am sure baby is much more happy if mommy is not crying while feeding or even thinking about feeding all the time.

O Siipina you poor thing! Have you been to doc to get antibiotics? U might find holding a warm/hot face cloth over them can give some relief. Breast feeding is great Hun but obviously not if ur in pain. I know it's very sore but expressing or feeding will actually relieve them (obviously not at the time... Very very sore), but will help them get better quicker. Def get antibiotics tho Hun!

If your not happy and ur sore baby will not be happy. U need to mind urself aswell to be able to mind bubs.
    Breast feeding is great but there's nothing wrong with a bottle either! X

Lovely name Suucee. Hospitals are a disaster for getting rest. Between beeping things, and other patients, babies crying, and nurses appearing wanting to take your temperature at 4am. It's great to get back to your own bed and get some sleep!

Speaking of which, i am getting none! I just cannot lie this baby flat, she screams like she has a pain and throws up every single time she lies on her back. Can't even lie her down flat to change her nappy. Have to do it upright or on her side. The whole night is filled with changing all the wet cot sheets, baby clothes, settling her down for on me for a while, trying the cot an hour later, and repeat.

She is fine all day long, sleeps fine in the sling, or on me, or in bouncy chair... Never complains during the day. Dream baby. But lying down in the cot at night is just puke-ville. I've got a couple of thick books to prop it up a bit, but it doesn't seem to be high enough. My mum is telling me to let her sleep at night in the bouncy-chair, but all the SIDS advise is not to do that. Think i'll ask the gp or phn what to do about it. I'm getting totally confused with no sleep. Can't even count to 4 for making up the bottles!

• Registered Users Posts: 324 ✭✭LH2013

Congrats everyone !!!!!
    Small wont sleep lying down either ! At the moment he is asleep on bed laying on a feeding pillow ! On top of that my section scar is infected .... Sigh !!!!

pwurple wrote: »
    Lovely name Suucee. Hospitals are a disaster for getting rest. Between beeping things, and other patients, babies crying, and nurses appearing wanting to take your temperature at 4am. It's great to get back to your own bed and get some sleep!

Speaking of which, i am getting none! I just cannot lie this baby flat, she screams like she has a pain and throws up every single time she lies on her back. Can't even lie her down flat to change her nappy. Have to do it upright or on her side. The whole night is filled with changing all the wet cot sheets, baby clothes, settling her down for on me for a while, trying the cot an hour later, and repeat.

She is fine all day long, sleeps fine in the sling, or on me, or in bouncy chair... Never complains during the day. Dream baby. But lying down in the cot at night is just puke-ville. I've got a couple of thick books to prop it up a bit, but it doesn't seem to be high enough. My mum is telling me to let her sleep at night in the bouncy-chair, but all the SIDS advise is not to do that. Think i'll ask the gp or phn what to do about it. I'm getting totally confused with no sleep. Can't even count to 4 for making up the bottles!

Sounds like reflux... the acid is coming back up when she's lying flat and causing the distress and puking. Poor thing.

January wrote: »
    Sounds like reflux... the acid is coming back up when she's lying flat and causing the distress and puking. Poor thing.

That's what phn said too, so that gave me something to tackle. I got her a sleeping wedge in mothercare today to prop her up another bit. Just fed her and put her down on it. No crying or spitting up the past hour (yay), but no sleeping either. Just a lot of hiccups and arm flapping. Hmm. I'm a nervous ninny about this new thing now, staring at her until she goes back to sleep in case she slips down it, or rolls over.

Easy been nervous. I had jack propped up for the first 6 weeks until I knew for sure he wasn't a puker just because I was afraid he'd do it when I was asleep. He never slide or rolled but I'd watch him go back to sleep too. The joys of been mammy

Oh no pwurple. Poor thing. Luke was very pukey in hosp but seems to have eased. Just normal spit up now. Last night was great. OH done night feed last night. But i had to wake him. But still got so much sleep. Was great. Heading now to get him registered and do a few bits in town. Cant believe how good i feel. Last time i was in bits.
    My biggest problem is huge haemorides.(sp) and i mean huge.
    Oh and is any one else still starving all the time. I thought that would pass ince he was born.

• Registered Users Posts: 282 ✭✭Siipina

oh suucee i know what you feel, i got mine the day i went into labor and after the little one was out it had its own postal code and gravity as well. The stitches were not so painful but its getting smaller everyday and after a week it didnt hurt so much anymore. You can get a cream and cooling it helps a lot. I used frozen nappies :)

went to the doc yesterday and yes a nice full blown mastitis and just because i am such a lucky person my doc was breastfeeding all three of her kids. yay . when i told her i am thinking to stop breastfeeding she told me to wait until six weeks and everything will be fine and the usual stuff. the thought of 4 weeks more is not making me happy at all. So I decided after the mastitis is cleared thats it. I think I had my fair share of pain in this pregnancy and with OH working and doing his sports and no family around I dont see the point to make it harder then it is. And I really dont like to breastfeed in public, its not that i worry about other people, I just feel very uncomfortable, and I dont mind to go to a german (naked) sauna. ;-)
    Mothercare i having special offers on bottles and all this so Saturday will be shopping day, need a sling anyway as LO is not happy to be somewhere else then my or his daddys body. So i slept with him the last three nights on the couch makes it easier for me to feed him and to get some sleep on the sametime, just miss my OH. But I should be happy LO is such an easy baby as long as he is somewhere on my body :-) I guess i just have to get used to all of it. I love him to bits but i really miss to go to the toilet on my own :-) Sorry for the rant

• Advertisement

Sounds like your having a tough time too. Hope things ease for you soon.

They gave me a perscription in hospital for a cream and supositories for the haemorides . Got them yesterday on the way home .
    But other than that all is good. Actually a lil too good. Seems too good to be true. I better not count my chickens though.

Advertisement