Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

March 2014 Babies Club

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 282 ✭✭Siipina

I am delighted, only one feed last night :-)
    He took the whole bottle in one go and went back to sleep. So great. He slept from 11 pm until 3.30 and then next feed was 6.30. I just hope it will not be a one hit wonder.
    We have vaccination on Thursday. He was fine with the first one so not worried at all.
    down point though, I am running out of closes. He is growing so fast. His sleeping bags are getting tight and they are until 6 month. Te closes until 6 month are getting too small as well. So we need to go shopping again. 6-9 month now, great he is not even 3 month old.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,948 ✭✭✭Sligo1

Vaccinations went ok. hubby just in from footy with a bounty bar for me. Yaass! Passports sorted and off to London on. Thursday.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,251 ✭✭✭cyning

I am soo tired. Exhausted. Have up on my diet because literally don't have the energy right now. Toddler is waking 7/8 times a night for the last weekish. Baby fusses between 5&7 every morning. Not that I can complain cause she does sleep before that! Toddler up for day with non stop energy at half seven. And she's taking to slapping S and then I get cross and then I feel guilty that she feels she's not getting enough attention.

Sligo London will be fab! I love it there :)

cyning wrote: »
    I am soo tired. Exhausted. Have up on my diet because literally don't have the energy right now. Toddler is waking 7/8 times a night for the last weekish. Baby fusses between 5&7 every morning. Not that I can complain cause she does sleep before that! Toddler up for day with non stop energy at half seven. And she's taking to slapping S and then I get cross and then I feel guilty that she feels she's not getting enough attention.

Sligo London will be fab! I love it there :)

7/8 times cyning!! Is she teething? No wonder you're wrecked!

Yep can't wait for London... But I've no clothes to bring with me... (None of my jeans ur trousers fit yet). And I don't want to buy any try... Going i'll lose another half stone. And the shopping is so great there. Maybe I'll just get some tops. Think it will be great for the kids tho. Loads of lovely walks etc and the weather is meant to be lovely at the moment. :)

• Registered Users Posts: 1,816 ✭✭✭Suucee

Oh cyning poor u. No wonder your exhausted. Glad the injections were ok sligo. Enjoy london. Fingers crossed for good weather.

L is doing great at night. Slept from 7.30-12 then from 12-5. I popped soother in at 5 while i went to get bottle and by the time i came back up he was asleep. I went back to bed. He then woke at5.30. I chanced my arm with soother again and he fell asleep again. Woke at 6. So i brought him in to our bed and he slept then until 2yr olds singing came through on the monitor at 7. He was Oooh ing back at her looking around for her.
    OH.then tried him with bottle but didnt want it yet. So got us all dressed and sorted and typicall he decided he wanted it at 8 just as we sat down to breakfast. Im delighted though.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 12,449 ✭✭✭✭pwurple

Oh cyning you must be like a walking zombie. That sounnds exhausting.

I've had my 3 yr old back at the gp again, she has a sniffle which is turning into a cough, and i don't want her to end up in hosp again with it, so being very proactive. She is on two inhalors now, plus steroids. I've a box of antibiotics as well, but won't deploy those unless she gets a temp and starts looking like a non-viral infection.

We have the christening in two weeks, and my husband is gone batty inviting people. It was originally immediate family plus a few neighbours and the godparents. Now there are some friends and aunts/uncles as well. Plus kids. It's at 40 people now! In our house! Yikes. W can throw on the bbq if it is sunny, but if not, Hope they like ham sanwiches! :)

Teething I think but she also had a bad fall and walloped her head too so I think that wasn't helping (or the doc visit just as we had to go to bed!).

S on the other hand is falling asleep about half nine having a sleepy feed about half eleven and sleeping until 5 ish and fusses for about an hour and sleeps again until 830. She's amazing! C has never been a good sleeper and has twice ever slept through the night. I think the difference between them is so mad: at this age C was every 1 to 2 hours all night long.

And the second night from 10.30 until.5.10 :-) last night I was awake from 4 as I was missing something but this night I woke up from his grunting. So much sleep I'm not used to it at all :-) he just had his bottle and is fast asleep now again. His injections went well yesterday no bother on on him. But I am sure it hurt me much more than him.
    And there were loads of other baby's my goodness he IS huge. Even the nurse could not believe his age. :-)
    So half the house is tidy and clean but still one day to go until mother in law is arriving. will be fine I hope. Still not sure what I ll wear on.my first day out since ages so looking forward for a nice Guinness from the tap. :-)

Sitting here waiting for the baby to wake... She had her last feed at 11:30, it's past 6:30 now. Longest stretch ever! So much sleep, I don't know myself. :)

And it looks like a nice day out there. Might take out the paddling pool for the 3 year old.

• Registered Users Posts: 324 ✭✭LH2013

Ughhhhhh I have gurllll flu :( Little man is not liking the naps today .... Put him down about 50 mins ago and now he is starting to stir again ! My house is like a dump site but too sick to care !!!!!

• Advertisement

Siipina and pwurple great ye are getting good stretches .
    LH hope your feeling better and your wee man gave you a break.

So L is still sleeping 7.30-12 then 12-5, doesn't want a feed at 5 have tried him with bottle few times past few nights but it is just the soother he wants (damp it for persevering with it) anyway. I give it to him he falls back asleep for half hour then wakes again looking for it and again. So I have ended up bringing him in to our bed for convenience to be able to give it back to him its normally from bout 5/6 until 7.30 and even at that he is not bothered with the bottle until 8. I really don't want to make a habit of it but I NEED sleep and its great feeling so refreshed in the mornings . I don't know whether to bring the cot in to our room so I can reach through the bars and give it to him or leave him in his room and just bring him in when he becomes a bit unsettled. At least in his room im getting decent sleep until 5 and then a light sleep after that. Ugh what would you do guys.

Those long stretches are few and far between. Up every hour last night again. Oh well.
    Also, only 1.5kg off my pre-preg weight now, but my jeans or trousers won't go near me! Cannot get them them up, let alone attempt to button them. Wtf has happened, i'm a totally different shape now.

Oh pwurple im the same. Mind you i still jave fair bit to lose yet. Im blaming the spd for not being able to get out as much . Its not so bad. Have more good days than bad. Physio has me fairly straightened now. Pelvis back in place but muscles fairly week so really need to build them up to stop hurting myself.

L woke as usual at 5 gave him the soother twice. Third time got OH to give it as i had just dropped off when he woke. He then slept till toddlers singing woke him (again) at 7.30. I was awake before them both. Then brought the 2 of them in and had lovely cuddles with them both and OH. No room left for anymore in our bed. Really thinking 2 us enough.

Funnily enough i was complaining out in MILs early about L having me messed up (spd, stitches) she laughed and said "you cant blame your son for your bedroom acrobatics" my reply "no but i can blame yours" . BIL actually spat tea all over the table with the laughter.

Im banjacksed practicing the excercises physio gave me. But cant get to sleep. Typical.

Injections today. Dreading it. They really did not agree with 2 yr old when she got them. Oh and to top it off. 2 yr old was bit off for yesterday had high temp and clingy and whingy and same again today. Hardly eating too which is very unusual for her. Going to be a long day.
    While L was napping i turned on cartoons for toddler and managed to get dinner sorted as have a feeling i wont have a minute later on.

Ok, took on a bit much again... The kitchen here is fairly hideous. Replacement kitchen was 9k, I got a quote for someone to paint them for nearly 2k, so I said feck that, i can paint it myself. Materials cost 150. i dropped toddler off at playchool at 8am. Baba has been napping or talking to me in the bouncy chair. Small break for a feed and nappy change. I've taken everything out of the kitchen, put up the masking tape, cleaned the whole thing down with degreaser. sanded half the top units and I'm frikken ZONKED! Totally out of steam. Sitting down with cuppa now. I want to go back to bed. pick up from playschool in an hour. Uh oh. Have to finish the sanding, Primer, undercoat, two layers of topcoat. This is going to take me all week. Ugh. Meanwhile i've just realised how useless an empty kitchen is. It's sandwiches for the week it looks like.

Anyway, back to it!

Pwurple your mad. My windows are filthy and i dont have the energy for that.

Omg such a disaster in the docs. Nurse asked toddler to move which set her off roaring while L was roaring. Nurse then wanted to refer us to the doc as L has bit if flat patch or funny shape and his head a lil big for his age.
    So then nurse kinda sent me on ny way. I felt very rushed . L was still crying. Then had to go to the lift and to the other end of the surgery with crying baba, whingy toddler and car seat and bag.
    So doc had quick look and us giing to refer to peadiatrician. I then asked the doc to have a quick look at A since i was there anyway. She started roaring again. Then doc wanted me to take L out of car seat so he could measure his head again.
    Such an effort. Both napping now tg.

Oh and L puked too while there.

• Registered Users Posts: 324 ✭✭LH2013

Stressful for you ! The nurse in our docs is great she carries car seat out for you to the waiting room while the baby settles down !!

Contemplating not taking the unpaid leave ... We need to save for mortgage and get a house finally but I just can not face the thoughts of heading back there !!!!

Oh LH its so hard to go back. I remember with A. I cried every morning for about a week. Wasnt a bother on her.

This nurse not very child friendly . I always end up with her . Would nearly ask to see one of the others next time.
    Although next time ill prob leave car seat in car and bring him in sling if ive the toddler with me. Car seat getting bit heavy. He's now 12lbs. Emptying 7oz bottles. But has dropped night feed totally. Hasnt had it in over a week now. Sleeping from 7.30-12 then back asleep to 6.30 ish.

• Advertisement

LH, Can you go back part time at all? I found that stage at 5/6 months when they are starting solids to be hard going last time when i was back at work as well. It's so messy and time-consuming! Gosh I'd love a 3 or 4 day week.

Succee that nurse sounds a bit unhelpful. Mine is really sweet with kids, gives them stickers and talks to them. It really makes everything more awkward when there is someone who doesn't get on with them. With the head measurments, did they measure your head or your husbands at all? I remember with my eldest they freaked me out saying her head was very small when they measured it. Kept bringing her back measuring it every few months. Turned out, I have the exact same shape/size head as her, she was just taking after me, head-shape-wise.

I got the whole kitchen sanded anyway, and half of it primed before toddler pickup. Place looks like a bomb went off in here though. My mum fed us this evening. Thank goodness she lives nearby!

No didnt measure ours at all. Said last time it was big but werent concerned but now has a bit of a funny shape . I mentioned the shape as since he is holding it better and better himself we noticed how weird shaped it was. Kinda flat a little on his back left then sticks out a bit. I cant even explain .
    His head circumference is 41cm at 2 months.

Pwurple want to come to my house ;) Succee that sounds like a nightmare of a visit: and nurse sounds like a bit of a wagon to be honest!

Toddler has finally started to sleep a but better... S is such a different baby. I pop her in cot she sleeps: C never ever did that! She doesn't scream constantly, she does her upset with the reflux, but it's not constant if that makes sense?

Had the phn developmental check today... Getting referred to some consultant for hip creases not aligning. Otherwise all grand though. Yay. The new phn i have here is a dote. Much more cop on than the one in the last place. Thank feck.

House still bomb. Ended up doing nothing here today. Bloody weather, clothes got soaked on line as well. I hate painting. Why did i think this was a good idea!

Smallie is defo in her own little routine now. Four naps a day. Down for the night at about 7:30. Wakes at 12 for feed, wakes at 6:30 for feed and is up for a bit then.

GRowth spurt! Routine gone, replaced with baby who just wants more more more.

Oh no pwurple.

L is doing grand, ive no complaints but jeez toddler is like a demon, Not sure if its teeth, terrible 2's or if she is coming down with something or what. She is crying nearly ALL THE TIME. im really starting to lose my patience. And were heading off on our hols on Thursday she better be in better mood.

Heading swimming tomorrow with L for the first time. Cant wait.

Just back from 10 days in London! Was soooo nice to get away. L was great! Really could take her anywhere. Toddler was extremely energetic... But he enjoyed the break away aswell. He got his first ice cream cone and went on the swings in the park... He loved it. 18 months now and such a little boy!

Hope the growth spurt doesn't go on too long pwurple. When is the next spurt after 6 week spurt?

Enjoy the swimming suucee. Hope ye r going somewhere nice for ur holidays :)

Oh just off to wexford but its away. Cant believe that was 10 days. Glad you enjoyed. Were going to be staying in a mobile home ( we normally camp but no chance when L is still on bottles) the amount of stuff we need to bring is shocking.

Great that everything went so well for you Sligo, cant belive the ten days are already over.
    I am sure it will be a great break for you Suucee.
    Pwurple, same here, routine gone and all over the place, either crying or trying to sleep and the moment he wakes up he start crying again. Dont really know what to do. Cuddle hi all the time the poor mite. I suspect he starts teething as well cause he is chewing his hand and is drooling a lot.And the gum feels harder.
    Got closes last week 6-9 months, dont fit anymore this week, now 9-12 months. In what size will I put him with 12 month?

• Advertisement

OMG siipina and how old is he. And I though L was big ha not a patch on your "wee" man.

Advertisement