Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

March 2014 Babies Club

Options

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,948 ✭✭✭Sligo1

Omg... Can't believe he's in 9-12 months already Siipina! He must be a big boy. My girl is in 3-6 months. She's now 11 weeks. She's not really pudgey but is very very long. My boy was massive as a baby. Was in 99th percentile every time he was weighed.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,773 ✭✭✭Synyster Shadow

Suucee wrote: »
    Oh just off to wexford but its away. Cant believe that was 10 days. Glad you enjoyed. Were going to be staying in a mobile home ( we normally camp but no chance when L is still on bottles) the amount of stuff we need to bring is shocking.

Heya, just curious where in wexford your renting a mobile..? We have family there and would love something like that which the kids would have there own space not possible in hotel room (did it once and I was on edge)

• Registered Users Posts: 1,816 ✭✭✭Suucee

Heya, just curious where in wexford your renting a mobile..? We have family there and would love something like that which the kids would have there own space not possible in hotel room (did it once and I was on edge)

Ha ha snap, we also have loads of family there.

Were staying in ocean island caravan and camping park In fethard on sea. €350 for the week for 2 bed caravan. cant go wrong with that. Ive never stayed there before so not too sure what its like but has a play ground onsite too. As I said we normally camp (in a tent) so we will be flying with this. Kind of raging were not camping TBH but would be too difficult with L only 2 months. We camped in tramore last year (and every other year except 2012 when she was too young) A was 13 months and it was great although she was up with the birds EVERY morning.
    The best thing about camping/staying in mobile home is you can cook your own food etc so it works out a lot cheaper than eating out. Plus with a toddler at least you know exactly what they are getting.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,773 ✭✭✭Synyster Shadow

Yeah I love camping hubby not so much but next summer we will no ifs ands or buts.. Sounds great we probably do a weekend if it's allowed...

Both mine sleep until 7am Lucy sometimes half 8 she's lazy.. So we would enjoy our time away.. Really will check them out

Yeah I love camping hubby not so much but next summer we will no ifs ands or buts.. Sounds great we probably do a weekend if it's allowed...

Both mine sleep until 7am Lucy sometimes half 8 she's lazy.. So we would enjoy our time away.. Really will check them out

Lucky u. A (toddler) normally 7 30-7.30 unless she hears her brother. Could be 8 at weekends. L 2months sleeps 7.30-12 then 12-5.30. Have no idea whats waking him at 5.30. We were giving a bottle but he just drinks an oz if even. So we normally just bring him in tk the bed until bout 7.30 when daddies alarm wakes him or hunger.

When we went last year it was the noise of the birds that kept waking her as we were only in a tent.
    They prob do weekends. You could check the website for rates etc. Ill let you know how it goes.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 3,251 ✭✭✭cyning

Growth spurt here too :) up all night and this is my morning to sleep in but sure S is glued to me!

Jeez Siipina! My first little girl was big too, 99th percentile for weight and even she wasn't in clothes that big that early: I wonder is it the fit? Penneys are much smaller, m&s are probably the biggest! I know side by side there was over 2 inches in the difference between a babygro and an m&s one I was given ;) The weight gain levelled off when she started solids and started getting longs out of clothes then.

We had to start S on carobel for her reflux... She wasn't gaining enough weight, and was only pooing once a week too so she was just bringing up too much. Only started it Fri and the difference is amazing: she's pooed three times, and after a 2 hour screeching fit Fri, is actually more settled. Just delighted :) and in saying that she wasn't gaining enough weight she dropped from 97th percentile to 75th And is heading back towards 85th now. But the amount she was bringing up was massive so hopefully this is the end of my constant doc visits!

Suuccee I spent every summer holiday as a child in a caravan I loved it: I couldn't camp. I like my comfort!

• Registered Users Posts: 324 ✭✭LH2013

I think my little man is teething ..... Drooling , eating his fist and crying in pain ........... He is only 11 weeks !

cyning wrote: »

Suuccee I spent every summer holiday as a child in a caravan I loved it: I couldn't camp. I like my comfort!

Ha i actually sleep much better in a tent than a hotel. In a tent i know its all our stuff and only ever been us that slept on the beds or in the sleeping bags. Where as in a hotel yes they are clean but i duno i just dont sleep as well.
    I havent stayed in a mobile home since i was a child. Prob about 10 it was great though.

L loved swimming. No crying (until we got out and he realised he was starving). Toddler loved it too. She hasnt been in months due to being sick alot and needing grommets.
    It wasnt as difficult as we thought either. Although we didnt shower after or wash hair. That would have been way too awkward will do it tonight. Its a private pool in a hotel (where you need membership) so there isnt much chlorine in it.
    Going to head off after dinner for our usual forrsst walk. This has become our sunday routine now. Forrest walk every sunday after dinner. Then home and baths and bed. Then flake on the couch.

• Registered Users Posts: 282 ✭✭Siipina

Oh cyring that could be it, I got the closes in Pennys but he still using 68 in German size and thats like 6-9 month here I would say. He ll be 13 week tomorrow will be interesting what the PHN says in two weeks time when we have the development check.
    So jealous always loved to go camping but OH is more the hotel guy :-(But the idea in a mobile home is great maybe I can get him to do that.
    LO got his moulds of his hand and foot done today, was so funny, he was al covered in the mass and liked it so much :-) So hope it went well, didnt work with the stuff the last ten years. But if it worked then we will have the hand and foot in 3D plaster ;-) The the good thing on being a dental technician.

I never did that with my little girl bug regret: one of these days I'm going to buy a canvas and put both S & Cs handprints and footprints on it in paint :)

Also if your tumble drying them penneys baby clothes shrink way more than the rest! Tesco are great too actually... I just pulled my 3-6 month clothes down for S out if the attic. More washing!!

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 12,449 ✭✭✭✭pwurple

Your baby must be so long! My little one was measured during the week, 75th percentile height and weight. All grand, except referring us for a hip check.

I must get those moulds done as well... I have them for my eldest, she was about this age when we did them. I think we did it when she was asleep? Can't remember now, except she moved her thumb during it, so it ended up with two thumbs on one hand in the cast. Had to file the extra thumb off, which was a bit weird!

Hair is coming out in big clumps, i've a couple of charming baldy patches i'm hiding at the moment. Thank goodness my hair is fairly thick. The joys of it. Pity it doesn't all fall off my legs instead! Nooooo, that would be far too handy.

Haha lol to the hairy legs.

Yeah my hair is going as well but that`s because LO is pulling on it. You poor girl pwurple I would go nuts.
    But the hairy legs made my morning :-) and I needed it.

Was so happy about the hand and foot thing that I send some pics over to OHs family and my family. Well fist thing what came back was OHs mother asking when she is getting a hand and a foot. Aehm hello??????? I got the plaster and the molding stuff in Germany from my old boss ( dental technician ) so its used for dental stuff therefore much more accurate and quicker but as well much more expensive and its something for us. I hate when people start demanding things especially after I printed some pics online and send them directly over to them, I didnt even got a thank you and they got them on Wednesday and they came over on Saturday stayed 4 days and not one word. I asked OH if they even got them and he told me yes and my mother was delighted. Well but could not say one word to me.
    Same with the christening, OH is not that big into it so its my thing. So it will be my old church, our priest and we will have the tea somewhere in a nice restaurant. Now she starts with, ah we can do it in her place and her priest and all that. Told her no need for it as its all planned. And she starts again and again. Its not her thing its ours. Then she ask who we will invite, OH told her he didnt think about it yet and I dont have much family so will me my Dad with his wife and my cousin as Godmother and some friends and that I dont want to make a big thing out of it. Would be different over here but over there I really want to have it small. Well she went all snappy like what about OH siblings and well he does have siblings. Well I never said they are not invited, thats his side so his job and I just want it small. So she then said, well we can have then a second coffee and tea in her house. I could have killed her. So glad there are 1243 km between us.
    Sorry for the rant but I am still boiling inside and OH is not saying anything, he is just ignoring it.

Ugh MIL's. They would drive you up the wall by times.

Suucee wrote: »
    Ugh MIL's. They would drive you up the wall by times.

I second that !

Begining to wonder if L is starting eithee the next developmental leap (11 and a half weeks) or a growth spurt a little early. . Yesterday i got caught out without a bottle. He had 6 oz at 3 pm which was normal. But decided at 5.15 he wanted another. I was in my mothers. Now normally i bring my big nappy bag which always has spare premade bottle and loads of other bits. But i just grabbed the small 1 yesterday. Typical it was the time i would have needed it. But lucky for me my neice who has a 2 week old and also using sma waa there too and had a spare premade bottle (which i told her to have in bag JUST IN CASE) so i used that. He drank 4 then had another 5 at 7.15.
    He then woke at 12.30 and emptied an 8oz of hungrier milk. Then awake at 5.30. Which isnt unusual but he normally goes back asleep in our bed but nope no sleep. So OH got up at 6.30. He drank 3oz. Then wanted the other 4oz at 8am.
    So its either a leap or spurt. Just in time for our holidays starting thursday. Ah well sure it could all change again today anyway.

Yay LO is teething. Was wondering why he was so unsettled ad grumpy. Yesterday he wanted to chew on my fingers and I could feel a little bump. That explains a lot. But he is not even 3 month.

Siipina wrote: »
    Yay LO is teething. Was wondering why he was so unsettled ad grumpy. Yesterday he wanted to chew on my fingers and I could feel a little bump. That explains a lot. But he is not even 3 month.

I think Lilly is starting aswell. I can't feel any coming through but she constantly has her hand in her mouth the last few days and I don't think it's hunger.

They can come anytime from birth siipina, mine got two lowers a few weeks ago. Some babies are even born with them.

I'm driven batty trying to stop her thumb sucking. Everytime I see her do it, i pull out the thumb and pop in the dummy. She is getting wise to me now, and spits out the dummy and pops in the thumb again. Arg!

Ah pwurple you have no choice i dont tink. I forced a soother on A until i gave in at 5 months. No i spebd my day saying "thumb" every 5 mins.

So we had first night in mobile home last night. It was grand. Had to wash L in the sink though and he destroyed the place splashing. He normally has a bath with his sister and goes nuts splashing. Anyway they went to bed and myself and OH watched dvds but headed to bed early aa knackered after the drive. We woke L as he is in our room and he normally sleeps in his own room that waa 10.30 . Got him back asleep anyway and i dosed off. OH normally gives him dream feed between 11.30 and 12. But OH fell asleep. L didnt wake until 5.45 this morning after going to bed at 7.45 couldnt believe it.

• Advertisement

Went away to the Castlemartyr last night for early anniversary getaway ...... Little man slept for 7 hours :) He is really coming into himself ... Laughing at himself , grabbing toys etc

My little babs, my poor little gorgeous baba had her nose bitten by one of my friends 15 month old yesterday. Drew blood and all :( my poor friend was mortified and these things happen, it's not the end of the world!

She's doing well on the Losec. Less of the forceful puking. Less screeching!

She's just about to roll too: taking after her big sister!

Oh my the poor thing.

Cant believe she is about to roll. My daughter was early with alot of things too but not L . He has just gotten used to the idea of tummy time. Only just in the past week we get to put him on it for a few mins. Before that he roared as we loweered him down so we just put him on our knees on his tummy. I think boys are lazier though. Well when i compare my 2 anyway.
    Got him a bumbo too to try keep him off his head as much as possible (flat head) and he loves it. Thinks he's lord muck in it. When he starts getting tired and i take him out he gets thick eventhough he hasnt the energy to sit in it any longer. Has also now decided he doesnt like lying flat in the buggy when awake. Wants to propped up a bit looking around hinself.

He is also drbling like mad. Soaked 3 bibs today in just dribbles. Getting a lil sore neck too so trying to keep powder on it. I wonder will he get these teeth soon. A got hers early too.

I have got to root out Cs baby book... She rolled at 3.5 months I think, crawled at 5/6, climbed the stairs at 7/8 months and walked at ten months. About two weeks after finally leaning to sit ;)

She was late with teeth though!! And I could do without two teething anyway

Omg cyning!! That's awful. Hope baba is ok!

Oh Suucee, your post made smile, LO is exactly the same. Ok he is rolling but only when I am there, never with Daddy I think he think I made it up ;-) Had to change the pram on the weekend, he is now in the buggy part and loves it. We always say like King Louis. Oh and never dare to stop, 2 seconds and he starts complaining. He is sitting in his bumbo too so he can watch me doing stuff. He is dribbling as well but at least when he is sitting in his bumbo the dog is looking after that :-S.
    I can already feel two little spikes in his gums, but he seems most times ok with it.
    The last three weeks were weird, I felt like I got postnatal depression, always tiered very down, I was constantly fighting with OH. First I thought its just because I have no familiy around and its hard to get a bit time for myself. OH is helping me as good as he can but I was still killing him which is not like me at all. I was even very quick irritated with LO and the dog. I really thought its depression. So on Saturday after the last meltdown OH and me were talking about it ad found out that it started just after I went on the pill. So stopped taking it and yesterday I was already better and today its even better. The last weeks it was so hard for me to do something like for a walk with LO and all this. Yesterday we went for a walk and today as well. Had a look online and well yes you can easily get depressions from the pill. I am shocked to be honest.

Glad you're feeling a bit better Siipina. I was terrible on the pill. Like a tyrant with the most terrible moods! My husband calls it the 'demon pills'. I've tried a few different ones but I'm a total cow on all them. So were not using anything at all. And my moods couldn't be better. Unless I get pregnant again that is! Lol

1 pill used to do that to me something shocking. Was on dianette for years and had no probs. Gp changed it for a while to yasmin and i waa so down all the time so went back to dianette.
    Since having L gp gave ovranette. So far its been grand. She told me to start it on first day of period. Had a bleed 1 sunday bout 2 weeks ago and assumed it waa period so started it but nothing since. Said it to nurse in gps as didnt know if i should continue but she said i should since i started it.

Im finding it awful hard to shift the weight this time. Was grand after my 2 yr old but not this time. Its annoying me cus alot of my clothes still dont fit . My OH very good and keeps reminding me about spd but still. Determined now to lose it when i get home.

• Advertisement

Siipina, say it to GP and try a different one. I was a determined monkey about the pill. Tried 11 different pill prescriptions which didn't suit me before I gave up. Years later GP gave me a prescription for two, told me to try either, but make sure to take them at exact same time every day. Twas one of the mini-pills I think? Cerazette, and the other was microlite. I got on fine with the second one... So took me 13 different ones in total to find one that I didn't get side-effects from.

We had lovely sunny christening at the weekend, was really nice to see the extended family together. We had a great time.

The humid weather is wrecking my head today. Keeping baby in shade, keeping suncream on toddler, keeping everyone cool. We live near water, so the midgees are ravenous creatures as well. Shouldn't be complaining, but I like a nice fresh sunny day with a breeze.
    27 degrees in their bedroom at the moment. Too hot.

My clothes also annoying the bajesus out of me. My bigger stuff is swimming on me. My old clothes are all still too small. Wish I could use a sewing machine, maybe I could adjust stuff.

Advertisement