Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

March 2014 Babies Club

Options

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,948 ✭✭✭Sligo1

pwurple wrote: »
    Siipina, say it to GP and try a different one. I was a determined monkey about the pill. Tried 11 different pill prescriptions which didn't suit me before I gave up. Years later GP gave me a prescription for two, told me to try either, but make sure to take them at exact same time every day. Twas one of the mini-pills I think? Cerazette, and the other was microlite. I got on fine with the second one... So took me 13 different ones in total to find one that I didn't get side-effects from.

Suucee, Yasmin made me crazy!

Pwurple, microlite was the only pill tht ever worked for me and I had no side effects. was on it for a few years and was great. But then I had a break a few years back for a while and went back on it and I was getting constant spotting. Gp said prob because I needed a higher dose pill as my body got used to the low
    Dose in microlite or something to that effect....

Hence me trying different demon pills and getting fed up. Decided just not to take anything the last couple years.
    (Not that in advocating that btw!).

• Closed Accounts Posts: 12,449 ✭✭✭✭pwurple

I got spotting on microlite too unless i took it at the exact 24 hour intervals. Gp told me loads of people get that unless you set your phone alarm and have it handy to take it that minute. The dosage is v low alright in it. Anyway, not that it's the pill for everyone, just that there are loads, at least 25 different combos of hormone, and sometimes a different one can suit, rather than feeling like nothing works at all.

Anyway, forgot to mention earlier something that frightened the life out of me today. I was sitting on the couch, feeding the baby, when this MASSIVE cat landed on my lap out of nowhere. I don't have any cat. This yoke got in an open window. The screech out of me made it jump about 4 ft anyway, and it scarpered out again... But I wasn't right after it for ages. Need to track down which neighbour owns this ginormo cat, and buy it a bell.

Hope everyone is enjoying this beautiful weather! Lilly has pretty much been in babygros up till now. But i couldn't resist putting on her lovely summer clothes in this lovely weather. Too cute.

• Registered Users Posts: 282 ✭✭Siipina

Oh my dog wouldn't let a cat even in the garden thank god. Last year when I had the guinea pigs out there was one sitting on the roof of the garage and sally was just waiting for her to cone down. Dogs can be very handy sometimes. I am not sure about the neighbors though as the jack Russel is coming out when she sees one or even thinks she saw one. LO is not even reaction anymore. Yesterday she was lying on the couch got up ran past me in the kitchen into.the garden went nuts came back in back on the couch. Probably just in case :-)
    We had the development check today. Everything brilliant. He is just huge but that's nothing new. The heat knocks him out totally and me too. So we are holding siesta everyday now :-)

Oh my dog wouldn't let a cat even in the garden thank god. Last year when I had the guinea pigs out there was one sitting on the roof of the garage and sally was just waiting for her to cone down. Dogs can be very handy sometimes. I am not sure about the neighbors though as the jack Russel is coming out when she sees one or even thinks she saw one. LO is not even reaction anymore. Yesterday she was lying on the couch got up ran past me in the kitchen into.the garden went nuts came back in back on the couch. Probably just in case :-)
    We had the development check today. Everything brilliant. He is just huge but that's nothing new. The heat knocks him out totally and me too. So we are holding siesta everyday now :-)

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 324 ✭✭LH2013

How is everyone getting on with the warmer weather ?! My little man is Mr no sleep in the heat !!!!!

I found one of my cats in his crib this week and the same cat in his car seat grrrrrr I can not keep them out in this weather cause ive windows open !!

Oh and I am eating all around me so can not shift weight !

• Registered Users Posts: 1,816 ✭✭✭Suucee

Yea im really struggling to get weight off this time too.

We were staying in a mobile home on hols for a week so was pretty cool at night but had him in vest most of the days. My 2 both got heat rash from car seats id say as had 3 hr car journey wens.
    Hes not too bad since we came home either. I think he likes the heat. Cant keep him fed though (dont they so they go off food in heat. L deff doesnt) enptying 7 oz bottles. Wonder will need to increase to 8. Has even started waking at night . But last night wasnt too bad 7.30-12 then 12-6. I can live with that

Weather has cooled right down here, but still dry so all good. Went to the mallow garden show on friday, was fun for them. Loads to see and do for kids.

Really proud of my three year old at the moment, she is such a great help with the baby. Any squeak at all and she is racing over with a toy for her. Gets me the wipes and muslins when I need them. So proud of her baby sister, any visitor at all and she is dragging them over to see the baby. (Including the postman, meter reading guy etc!)

Forget about the blasted weight, i've gone up instead of down the last week. Too many ice-creams, but feck it, I'm going to enjoy my last few weeks off. :)

Suucee wrote: »
    Yea im really struggling to get weight off this time too.

We were staying in a mobile home on hols for a week so was pretty cool at night but had him in vest most of the days. My 2 both got heat rash from car seats id say as had 3 hr car journey wens.
    Hes not too bad since we came home either. I think he likes the heat. Cant keep him fed though (dont they so they go off food in heat. L deff doesnt) enptying 7 oz bottles. Wonder will need to increase to 8. Has even started waking at night . But last night wasnt too bad 7.30-12 then 12-6. I can live with that

My guy is drinking loads as well !!!! Still waking at half 3 sigh

Boys are deffinetly hungrier. Had to do another clear out the other day. Starting to grow out of some 3-6 month clothes. (Mostly pennys) but today wore a 6-9 mnth shorts dungaree set from dunnes and it fitted perfectly. Lucky i pulled it out as i didnt think it would fit yet. Hes 12 weeks today . Time is flying by.

• Advertisement

Had his Development check today 15 lbs 12 oz ! She said his head is a little on the large side at 44.5 cms and that his fontanelle is four fingers wide which is not normal ... Can anyone tell me what it should be at 14 weeks ?!

• Registered Users Posts: 53 ✭✭moominn

LH my son is 13 wks and his would be about one and a half fingers wide. But if your babs head is on the big side then surely the fontanelle would follow suit? Im sure its nothing to worry about...

Are they referring him to anyone. L's head was 41 cms at 2 months but they didnt say anything about his fontanelle. Ill check tomorrow and see how many fingers. They are reffering him to peadiatricion though as he also has a flat head.
    Ive been thinking though . Yes his head is measuring big but hes a big enough boy for 12 weeks . In 3-6 mnth clothes the past month and a few 6-9 mnth recently. His head doesnt look big in comparison to the rest of him. Surely if he has a big body he is going to have a big head. Maybe that doesnt make sence but just what ive been thinking.

Suucee wrote: »
    Are they referring him to anyone. L's head was 41 cms at 2 months but they didnt say anything about his fontanelle. Ill check tomorrow and see how many fingers. They are reffering him to peadiatricion though as he also has a flat head.
    Ive been thinking though . Yes his head is measuring big but hes a big enough boy for 12 weeks . In 3-6 mnth clothes the past month and a few 6-9 mnth recently. His head doesnt look big in comparison to the rest of him. Surely if he has a big body he is going to have a big head. Maybe that doesnt make sence but just what ive been thinking.

I thought the same he has been big since he was born and his head doesnt look out of proprtion at all ! She wants to see him again in September but isnt referring him to anyone . I really think she didnt check the fontanelle correctly as it was three fingers at 6 weeks ! Ohhhh the stress !!

LH2013 wrote: »
    I thought the same he has been big since he was born and his head doesnt look out of proprtion at all ! She wants to see him again in September but isnt referring him to anyone . I really think she didnt check the fontanelle correctly as it was three fingers at 6 weeks ! Ohhhh the stress !!

LH could you take him back and get his fontanelle checked again? I've heard of a phn that measured a baby's fontanelle incorrectly... So it can happen. Might be good to bring him back even to give u peace of mind...

My little one has been in terrible form the last few nights. I don't know if she's a bit if reflux or constipation or what. She's really fussy at the breast and not taking a lot. Had lots of burps and spitting up more than usual. And she's only having one bowel motion every 2-3 days which is really unlike her. Thought breast fed babies usually have more motions. My son certainly did and he got the odd bottle of formula. Her tummy a soft. So I don't know. But the poor thing does be beside herself. Esp when she's put in re back... Which I know may point to a bit if reflux... Got 3 month check up on Monday so will mention it to phn. ( prob no point tho... She's useless)....
    I wonder would it be possible to only start getting reflux or silent reflux around the 3 month mark??

So I'm finally beginning to fit my clothes again. I'm down to about 9st4 so delighted with that. Was only 8st7 pre pregnancy but think I looked too skinny then and my normal weight would usually be around 9st7. Barely get time to eat so stuffing my face when I do get a chance.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,251 ✭✭✭cyning

With breastfed babies the rule if thumb is one in ten or ten in one day is normal ;)

Reflux is such a bitch! I hate hearing her cry in pain... I'm so tired she's stopped sleeping and I just wish I could have a night off. But can't express and don't want to give formula in case it flares the reflux.

Sligo im so jealous. Im still 10st 1. Haven lost anything in weeks. Doing loads of walking. Eating fairly good untill they go to bed. My cravings of hot choc and choc coated choc chip cookies have continued beyond the pregnancy. . Its too much of a ritual now. Need to cut it out.

Im in agony. Had physio today and ouch ouch ouch. Had a tight muscle on my right side from high up in my back (above bra strap) all the way down to below my bum. Physio spent ages applying pressure to release it. Now im sore the whole way down my right side. Was attempting my excercies and im even sorer now. I thought once baba was born this would be it. Just snap and id be back to normal. But pelvis still in place thankgod. And im good to start some pilates now that ive reached the 12 week mark.

Oh and period finally arrived. Not that heavy and no cramps. Im shocked. I died after my daughter with pains. But this time i started pill earlier. Gp told me to start on first day of periid. So few weeks ago had a bleed so started it but then nothing after so continued. Im on my weeks break now and it has arrived. I was exoecting to have awful cramps. Hope didnt jinx it now.

Sligo, ya wagon! :) naw, i'm pretty much back to the pre-preg weight, but still can't get my stupid pants to tie! All the weight must have dropped off my elbows and stuck to my arse. That, or i shrank all my clothes. ;)

Not a spec of reflux here, hurray! There was a massive growth spurt, no long sleeps, loads of food. She's suddenly fitting in the 6-9mt clothes lenghtwise, and sleeping better. I've the hip consult with her next week now, hope that doesn't hurt her, or throw up anything that needs treatment. My husband has a funny hip thing, slightly nervous.

I lost a lot of weight just after LO was born, fitted back in my closes 3 weeks after but the f...g pill put it all back on. Since I dont take it anymore I am back to my old happy self. :-)
    LO slept the whole night through. He is really going into a routine now. Wakes up at 6 with OH after he is gone we cuddle up in bed together ;-) then we get up at 9, then after breakfast and all that he has a morning nap, then around 1 pm he has his lunch nap and later an afternoon nap. He still stays up with us until 10 pm sleeps mostly though and gets his last bottle at ten. And he sleeps through :-) He did it before but then came the heat and I think he comes more after me as I cant deal with heat. Last night was so nice and cool again we all slept like babys :-D

• Advertisement

I'm so jealous Siipina. It sounds like you have a great routine. My LO was sleeping through for a week or 2. From 10.30pm till 6.30am (ish). But the last 2 weeks she's waking anytime between 2 and 4am....

I'm going to move her into her own room this week hoping that may help.

Yea L gone a bot funny past 2 weeks too. Was doing great. Still going to bed at 7.30 with 8oz bottle then has another 8oz bottle at 12. then wakes anytime between 4.30 and 6. we tried feeding him but wouldn't take it. Just waking for the sake of it. He normally ends up in the bed and goes back asleep until OH alarm goes off at 7. Last night though OH went in 3 times to give him the soother cause I was in agony after physio so he wasn't coming in to our bed.
    During the day though he has a fairly decent routine.
    Bottle at 7am
    nap at 9 until 10.30
    bottle 11
    nap at 12 - 1.30 (they both nap at this time its great)
    bottle at 3
    nap at 3.30 - 4.30/5
    bath at 6.30
    bottle at 7
    bed at 7.30.

we think our holiday may have messed up his night times a bit or the heat I don't know which as both happened at same time.

Im so jealous of ye and the weight loss. im still not aloud do much more than swimming or walking, can join pilates now. But really need to get this spd knocked on the head so I can get more active. Getting very fed up now. Its now nearly 9 months since I started getting the first aches. Ugh

Great routine guys !!!

I am still a stone off my pre baby weight and seeing that all i put on was a stone and 6 lbs my weightloss has been crap ! Eating all around me ! My little guy has started to wake every two hours at night for the last 3 nights ! Wrecked !

OH had him for 12 hours on his own yesterday ... He texted to ask how I get anything done lol

yeah its nice to get a little bit of routine only down point is, he sleeps only with me around during the day. Well, same at night I suppose :-) He falls asleep only in my arm, except the bedtime, then he falls asleep holding hands with me. The moment I leave the room he starts waking up. On the other hand I enjoy the time and I can read books and write the emails to him. I made an email address for him were I send pictures and emails for him. So I try as often as possible to write a few words about what happened the last days or what I am thinking and all this. My mom died when I was 21 and there are so many things lost cause my dad cant remember, so what ever happens he will have this letters from me to him.
    But I am a bit worried that he needs me so much for sleeping. On the other hand he will grow up quick enough I suppose

That is such a beautiful thing to do Siipina!

Siipina wrote: »
    yeah its nice to get a little bit of routine only down point is, he sleeps only with me around during the day. Well, same at night I suppose :-) He falls asleep only in my arm, except the bedtime, then he falls asleep holding hands with me. The moment I leave the room he starts waking up. On the other hand I enjoy the time and I can read books and write the emails to him. I made an email address for him were I send pictures and emails for him. So I try as often as possible to write a few words about what happened the last days or what I am thinking and all this. My mom died when I was 21 and there are so many things lost cause my dad cant remember, so what ever happens he will have this letters from me to him.
    But I am a bit worried that he needs me so much for sleeping. On the other hand he will grow up quick enough I suppose

I do this for our little guy :) My husband things I'm mad but I want him to read all the little things we did and thought !

Awh that's lovely.

Oh im such bad mama. Had Ls 3 month check. Alls good. She has no major concerns about his head size. Flat patch isnt that bad at all and she says im doing everything i can for him (sling, bumbo, encouraging him to turn it the other way). Anyway got home and OH asked what weight is he? Ehhhhh. Lenght? ........
    totally did not take in any of the measurements. Im such a bad mama. With A (1st child) i knew everything.
    All i took in today is its all good... oh and ok to feed him more. Will be uping to 9oz bottles... hungry divil...

Snap! We had Lilly's 3 month check today. She's 13lb 6oz and in the 50th percentile. PHN really should've wrote all that down for you to take home Suucee and plotted it on the percentile graph for you to see.

Thomas had his 18 month check today. Still a bruiser in the 99th percentile. Lots of words and all that. She didn't really tell me anything I didn't know. The reassurance is always good tho... I was sure I'd be told Lilly is too skinny. But that's only because I keep comparing her to what Thomas was...

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 3,251 ✭✭✭cyning

I'm the same with S... Think she's so small compared to C who was always in the 99th percentile at this age!

Poor old S is back having screeching fits :-(

Advertisement