Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

March 2014 Babies Club

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 324 ✭✭LH2013

Sligo1 wrote: »
    It's differebt with different babies I think LH. Could last a couple weeks to a couple months. But it's very normal. I can't remember how long it lasted with Thomas. A few weeks I think.... It's tough tho :(.
    A few weeks I might survive .... A few months I may have to move out ;)

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,816 ✭✭✭Suucee

Im going to have to sell luke when that starts. Got about 5 hrs sleep last night if even. My stupid fault for staying up late to skype my sister.
    I dont think my daughter hit it hard at all though. Her sleep was grand nearly all the time othervthan when she was sick. But they are chalk and cheese and he us deffinetly making uo for her good sleep.

Think L read my last post. He slept 7.30 pm - 5.45 am had bottle and went back asleep until OH alarm at 7. Im shocked. I was awake loads waiting for him though. Need a good sleep havemt had more than 6hrs sleep in ages. So OH us on duty tonight.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,948 ✭✭✭Sligo1

That's great suucee. L seems to be in the routine now of waking at 3-4am. She goes down around 9-9.30 and always wakes once. Then gets up at 8am. It's only once so I can't really complain but would love her to be sleeping through.

Im shocked though. He normally has bottle 12 ish but i told OH to leave it and id get up during the nighy. Might save 5 am waking. But didnt expect him to sleep so wel. He has to be full having 8-9 oz bottles.

• Advertisement

Very jealous! :)

thanks Sligo for noticing my earlier booboo. I posted in march 2015 thread instead of here. can you believe there is a march 2015 thread. still feel like L is so new.
    Anyway he drank 10oz earlier (as I decided to inform all the pregnant mama's) I couldn't believe it. Emptied the 9oz bottle (9 oz is max) and wasn't satisfied . I kept winding and no joy so popped another 2 oz in and he drank 1. I don't know what ill do with him. Thankfully using the formula jug so didn't have to start a new bottle

• Closed Accounts Posts: 12,449 ✭✭✭✭pwurple

Wowza he is a bottomless pit! I can still barely get 5oz in to this little lady. She's growing away fine though, great big chubby thighs on her for her vaccinations today. She's able to sit as well the last few days. For 20 seconds or so before she falls over anyway. :) ridiculously proud of that for some reason. It's like a party trick, I'm showing everyone!

No where near those big long sleeps yet for us. 5 times now she has slept a 7 hour stretch but usually it's 3 or 4 hours.

Bit cross, both my walking partners bailed this evening, and husband annouces he is going to be away for the next two weekends in a row. Pfft. Probably going to open a bottle of wine and blob about with a book now. Mmm wine.

Total change here... Maybe she was going through mad developmental leaps, but the last two nights, totally changed. Put her to sleep at 7:30, not a peep out of her til 7am the next morning. That's some change from waking every 3-4 hours. Still on the small bottles. We didn't alter a thing, she just grew into it?

She is suddenly doing way more grown up things as well. The Aaaa aaaa's have changed to baa baa, daa daa, maa maa. And she is grabbing things and trying to turn them around in her hands to see them.

The cot has been assembled and first nap taken ... I do not know how I feel about it !

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,251 ✭✭✭cyning

I have another mover! Rolling left right and centre trying an army crawl licking the floor great fun!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 282 ✭✭Siipina

We went yesterday to the family day in OHs company. It was very nice, they had a barbecue and 4 bouncy castle and the ice van of cause. And so any babys. And a few nearly the same age like LO just a few weeks apart. They are all so tiny, even the ones older than him are a lot smaller. Like I know he is big but to see so many "normal" babys and then him, I was shocked :-) As well as the differend developments, I thought that was very interesting. Was a very nice day.
    Oh the licking. LO can roll now from the back to both sides and he loves it. Just sometimes the Dog is lying beside him, she looks after him, she even runs after me if something is wrong and I am just putting a wash on or something like this. Well the Dog is lying beside him and he rolls over and licks her or try`s to but parts of her into his mouth. Irrgggg. The poor Dog he even grabbed her yesterday and put all the dog hair he got into his mouth. One day he will just puke up a big ball of fur. And I really hope he starts crawling soon he drives me up the wall with his frustrations. He sees something, wants to go over but cant and here we go and its no good enough when mammy brings him over. But prob. when he crawls I wish him back to now :-)

Oh i am dreading the crawling. I should really do that thing soon where you crawl ariund yourself and look for sharp things. They get so FILTHY, and pulling stuff down on top of themselves, it's exhausting.

That and the weaning, still preying on my mind. That was such a nightmare with my first with her food allergies. Standing over her like a nervous wreck with the zirtec waiting for her to react to stuff. Although, this baby has no excema, no rashes of any kind, so reaction to cotton or wools, or pets, so maybe it will be easy peasy!

Oh hopefully goes ok this time pwurple. Jeez ye talking about crawling my lump still not even rolling. He is SO lazy he can now turn to his side though which is only recent. I HAVE TO STOP COMPARING THEM because its driving me up the wall.
    He hasn't been as good with the sleeping since sleeps 7.30 to approx. 3 has bottle then sleeps till 6 when he normally comes in to our bed until 7. we are getting there though. He is very fast feeder though would have 8-9oz drank in 10 mins so I don't really mind getting up at 3 if he would just stop waking at 6 (IT IS NOT MORNING).

• Registered Users Posts: 53 ✭✭moominn

Suucee, im the same, have to stop comparing... my guys not rolling yet either, nor babbling..all he does is eat his hands lol

moominn wrote: »
    Suucee, im the same, have to stop comparing... my guys not rolling yet either, nor babbling..all he does is eat his hands lol

Has to be a boy thing. Plus I think he is so big . My daughter was tiny, rolling all over the place and had 2 teeth at this stage and was sitting up by bout 4 months. He's 15 weeks and no chance of him doing any of those things any time soon. ah well. But he never shuts up . always making noise and he is so loud. she wasn't half as loud. he lets big deep roars out of him then a girly screech, its hilarious listening to him. Although 2 year old doesn't be too impressed when he interrupts tv time. "stop, Raa Raa" (the name of the character) was what she kept saying today when he was having a particularly loud chat to her back .

Ah they are all so different. That's the absolute joy of children, watching all their individual strengths and traits develop. And it's amazing how they are just born with their temperament already there for us to see... Chilled-out or live-wires, introverts or extroverts, chatty or contemplative.

Today, my 3 year old was playing with 2 other children who were born within the same few days as her and go to the same playschool. Their development is all leveled out at this stage. But mine still doesn't have a note in her head, completely tone deaf despite all my hopes. her buddy sings absolutely perfectly. My girl is wary enough about climbing on things (possibly from me not catching her a couple of times!) the others were both like mountain goats! But then she has great vocabulary, and has a nose like a bloodhound... Can detect the smell of chocolate from 50 paces. :D

Irgghh grow spurt. I am wrecked. The last two nights he woke up every 2-3 hours for his bottle. As if he is not big enough already ;-)
    Finally we found a date for the christening only one little problem. Traditionally he should wear a long white "dress" ( is it the same over here?) and all I could find are already to small and its in two month. I thought then , ok, something like a sleep suit. Mhhh too small as well. Hi hi hi guess it will be in his "normal" closes then :-)

Siipina wrote: »
    Irgghh grow spurt. I am wrecked. The last two nights he woke up every 2-3 hours for his bottle. As if he is not big enough already ;-)
    Finally we found a date for the christening only one little problem. Traditionally he should wear a long white "dress" ( is it the same over here?) and all I could find are already to small and its in two month. I thought then , ok, something like a sleep suit. Mhhh too small as well. Hi hi hi guess it will be in his "normal" closes then :-)

I had L in a christenging "romper" type suit. You can get ones in bigger sizes too. I borrowed the one i used but deff seen bigger ones online. Its hard for a boy. Not much choice and so expensice for just a few hours.

A dress yes, for boys and girls. Mine was in a very long christening dress, when I was holding her standing up it reached the ground. Nowhere near white either, it is almost a butter-coloured yellow with age. It was flippen tight on the sleeves at 3 months old, I was worried she was going to tear it, I'd have a very hard time repairing it! All the children who are christened in our extended family use the same one, boys or girls.

I don't think it matters too much what they wear though, during the ceremony you put a shawl on them, that's the thing which is supposed to be white. Ours was a more a dark cream than white as well, but it worked fine.

Just started putting the little chubster into her jumperoo this week for a few minutes here and there. She Loves it. Bouncy bouncy fun!

• Advertisement

How's everyone getting on? I feel like sh*t. Got a head cold and sore throat. Lilly keeping us up all night with the four month growth spurt.

Feeling nauseous the past 2 mornings. Did a pregnancy test. NEGATIVE! That would have been an accident! Obviously would have been very excited and delighted... Just really really really not delighted to have had to gone through pregnancy again so soon. Definitely want to wait another year before that ordeal again...

Hope everyone is having a nice weekend.

Ah crap Sligo fingers crossed you feel better soon. I was thinking of you and your bottle battles during week: S had to get a barium swallow as her reflux flared up something mighty. Had to get her to swallow the barium from a bottle while she was lying flat having xrays taken... Twice she's had a bottle ever! we succeeded thank god but looks like we are in for the long haul with the reflux unfortunately. I'm certainly querying a nut intolerance if not allergy at this stage. Except her skin is super clear no rashes eczema etc!

And Omg I could not cope with being pregnant again so soon!!

I was just in the same boat Sligo, but thank god period came in the end. I would have been happy and sad on the same time. I am still not used to not being pregnant anymore and want to enjoy it a bit longer as well as the time with LO. I want to wait a year at least , see how that will work out.
    LO is in a real funny mood. Dont know if its the weather but he lost a good bit of his appetite. Since yesterday he is drinking maybe three bottles during the day and 2 at night. He is drinking water though so I am not very worried as he is having enough reserves :-)
    Yesterday we had the first glimpse of teething. He was screaming the house down the poor pet. Still problems with it but not that bad.
    Had his vaccination on Thursday and maybe its all together, this weather, teeth and vaccination.
    He turned 4 month on Thursday, cant believe on one hand that its only 4 month and on the other hand I cant think about a life without him. Ah and he smells soooooo good .

Aw cyning that sounds absolutely terrible! It most be really bad to have to get a barium swallow and have to go through all that. I really hope you find the root of the cause and a solution that will help the wee pet and give ye some peace aswell. Lilly is taking a bottle now thank god. The MAM ones. But she still looks for the boob as comfort after sometimes. She's just getting one or 2 bottles of EBM per day and breast fed the rest. Definitely going to keep giving her a bottle every day so she doesn't revert back.

o Siipina... I would love another baby. But like you just want a break at the minute. If I was pregnant I would have 3 under 2.5years! Mission impossible!!! Ideally I would love to be having my 3rd baby (if we are fortunate enough) when Tom is in Montessori late next year. :)

Cyning, how does a barium swallow work? What does it do for the reflux?

Under the weather here too. I have food poisoning for sure, just figured out where i got it from, a few others also have it. Had to take the kids out though, it's bucketing rain here, we were going mad stuck indoors. brought them to a play center.

Bumped into 2 separate people I barely know there (collegue of my husband and wife of someone in my class years ago) who each said something along the lines of 'so you'll try for the boy now I suppose". As if these two healthy girls are a disappointment or something? Shrugged and kept the gob shut for first one, but I think I said those very words to the second woman! Oops. Caught me on a bad day lady! Brain to mouth tact filter gone.

pwurple wrote: »
    Cyning, how does a barium swallow work? What does it do for the reflux?

Under the weather here too. I have food poisoning for sure, just figured out where i got it from, a few others also have it. Had to take the kids out though, it's bucketing rain here, we were going mad stuck indoors. brought them to a play center.

Bumped into 2 separate people I barely know there (collegue of my husband and wife of someone in my class years ago) who each said something along the lines of 'so you'll try for the boy now I suppose". As if these two healthy girls are a disappointment or something? Shrugged and kept the gob shut for first one, but I think I said those very words to the second woman! Oops. Caught me on a bad day lady! Brain to mouth tact filter gone.

Now I'm not sure but perhaps the barium swallow may have been used as a diagnostic tool to detect any obstructions etc in the oesophagus? That may perhaps be causing or contributing to the reflux?....

Pwurple I hate that!!! Some people really put their foot in it sometimes and it can be really insulting! I have a friend with 2 beautiful boys. She doesn't want anymore kids and she's forever getting the... "So u'll be trying for a girl next!!??"... It annoys her no end! And I'm forever getting the... "Now you have one of each that's your gentlemans family complete". It's like I'd be weird to want anymore kids or it'd be a burden or unfashionable to want anymore... And then when I tell them id like to have more I get the raised eye brows and I feel like I'm being looked at like there's something wrong with me!

Im still on the no more side. Im terrified of getting pregnant. Both babies were planned, perfectly healthy and lovr them to bits but no way could i deal with pregnancy again. No no no. Im so afraid i have an alarm set on my pho e to make sure i take my pill at the same time every day. Last month period was 2 days late (sure its still regulating after the birth) and i done 2 tests was ****ting it each time. Felt sick at the thoughts of it. Love kids and love my 2 always wanted 3 but dont want to be pregnant again ever...

Anyway cyning poor little mite. Hope ye get sorted. Sick mammies hope ye are better soon. We in a great lil routine now and very happy with ecerything. Sleep is improving fastly (please let it stay) so have so much more energy for doing things during the day now and time is flying. my big lazy lump still not botheres with rolling over . He wil not even try . On his back he just lies there lookibg around on his front he can hold himself right up high and stays like that for ages but not bothered with moving.

Tried him with a spoon feed yesterday and OMG he loved it. Was only puree carrots left over from dinner. He wolfed it down the tiny amount i gave him. So gave again today. Still drinkibg 8-9oz , 5 bottles a day . Hes 16 weeks tomorrow so i know was a bit early so hope it settles ok with him. So far so good.

Oh and put a big thick blanket over his window (already have black out blind ) just for an extra layer. So now when he wakes at 5.30 he gets his soother and goes back to sleep until 7 ish when hunger kicks in.

The swallow was to see the severity of the reflux and see if there was going to be a need for an op on a weak muscle etc and to make sure that everything is working ok. It was actually quite mad to see you could see the milk pooling in her stomach some of it started to move down her digestive system, more came back up her oesophagus. Then she puked some of that out (well they call it posseting not puking!) and swallowed more of it back down for a second time so some is silent reflux too. It is considered moderate because she isn't losing weight and is gaining very well.

Doc wants me to limit her feeds as he feels I'm putting too much stress on myself feeding her hourly, and wants me to only feed her every three hours which I don't agree with particularly after having weight gain issues already. And she's sleeping from 9/10 until 6 with a feed at two so I'm doing ok with it! He keeps telling me its comfort feeding which it is a bit. It's the cries... They would cut through you. I've being telling people but it's not until you hear this high pitched wail that you can understand how much pain she is in :( but it could be worse really.

I've been told a few times that my hubby had prudential himself a man by having a girl now I need to prove myself a woman by having a boy... Like just f off seriously!!

My PHN advised I start feeding him solids by 16 wks as he is big baby ( not crazy big now ;) ) So started on a little baby rice , now gone on to things like avocado , sweet potato , mango etc he loves it ! Well able to suck off spoon and swallow !! He still only drinks 7 oz bottles 8 at a push ! Still waking twice a night .... Wrecked ... Though hubbie does most of the night feeds bless him !

• Advertisement

LH2013 wrote: »
    My PHN advised I start feeding him solids by 16 wks as he is big baby ( not crazy big now ;) ) So started on a little baby rice , now gone on to things like avocado , sweet potato , mango etc he loves it ! Well able to suck off spoon and swallow !! He still only drinks 7 oz bottles 8 at a push ! Still waking twice a night .... Wrecked ... Though hubbie does most of the night feeds bless him !

I didnt bother with rice . It was a bit of a spare of the moment decision. Rice constipaed my daughter even though shr had never been constipated before so not going to risk it with this lad.
    He has on 2 seperate occasions drank a 10oz bottle. What we do re night feeds is he gets bath at 6.45 ish bottle at 7ish and bed by 7.30. Then OH does dream feed 11.30-12 ish (8oz hungrier). And this tides him over to 6 -7. (This is only recent has been 5-6)
    We stopped the dream feeds (11.30pm feed) for a few days to see if having the bottle later would mean he would sleep on a bit in the morning but no joy . Slep 1 night 7.30 - 5.45 but then was waking at 2 and 5 so went back to doing the dream feed. Also the blanket on the window has helped hugely.

Advertisement