Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

March 2014 Babies Club

Options

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,948 ✭✭✭Sligo1

cyning wrote: »
    Spinach and cheese muffins! Love them here: I find throwing the spinach in the food processor and the onions to make them much smaller the best: hubby loves them too! http://www.babyledweaning.com/forum/viewtopic.php?f=2&t=9995

I sometimes throw some grated carrot in there too.

Thanks a mill. My heart is broke preparing all this lovely nutritious food for him just to have it thrown on the floor :(. Hopefully he will like the muffins.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 12,449 ✭✭✭✭pwurple

Sligo1 wrote: »
    Thanks a mill. My heart is broke preparing all this lovely nutritious food for him just to have it thrown on the floor :(. Hopefully he will like the muffins.

That's the worst bit of weaning, the waste, the mess.

Watching my two playing together on the mat at the moment. Eldest is having a tea party and handing the baby bits and pieces of her tea set to chew on. So cute!

• Registered Users Posts: 1,816 ✭✭✭Suucee

pwurple wrote: »
    That's the worst bit of weaning, the waste, the mess.

Watching my two playing together on the mat at the moment. Eldest is having a tea party and handing the baby bits and pieces of her tea set to chew on. So cute!

Oh i love this. A is starting to play with L too. although not for long. same as that she will be making dinner for Baby (her doll) and then try feed luke so mammy has to intervene before he gets a toy spoon in the mouth unwillingly.

Brought her for a swim this afternoon and left L with MIL. told her he'd be due a nap. Came back to a chirpy baba who hadnt slept. He normally cant function after 2 hours but this was 3 hours later. then about 10 mins later he starts roaring. was so overtired. i got packed up and headed home and the gives out of him the whole way home in the car. He's just settled to bed but i always find if he hasnt napped properly he doesnt sleep great. and were only starting to get sleeping sorted. GRRR.

I was considering dropping him to her once a week to bring A for a swim just some one on one time with her but now i dont know.
    Why cant she just stick to the routine. Its the same every time she has him for a few hours.

Suucee I'd crack up with that. Is there no way you can just tell her that Luke has a nap at x o'clock and that's that and she will listen? Since she's ur MIL could you not get your OH to say it to her?

Cyning that receipe looks great... I think I may leave out the cayenne pepper tho as I don't think tom would take it. They actually have some really good simple receipes on that website. I think I'm going to have to start baking! Don't know where I'm going to get the time! Will prob have to do it at night? Are you guys all baking? When do ye get the time with 2 kids??

• Registered Users Posts: 3,251 ✭✭✭cyning

I bake during the day: it's a lot messier than with one but since C was about 14 months she helps! She stands on a chair and watches or stirs with a spoon or puts things in a bowl. She loves it!

• Advertisement

Nope im not. Im hardly cooking. we'll see what the winter brings though.

Ive said it to OH to say it to her.

Last time she minded him was the same. Gave him 1oz of his bottle 2 hours early as he wouldnt settle after his spoon feed (should have given him his beaker of water). Then put the bottle in the fridge. So took it out of fridge, heated it gave it to baba and put it back. Thank god i came back before she gave it to him again.

And dont even get me started on when she had them over night. Routine out the window. I dont get it she's had 4 kids surely she knows how important routine is.
    She used to look after A when i was working so i dont know why she just doesnt stick with it. I actually sent out a piece of paper with their routine on it last time she had them over night but still didnt. She;s had them twice overnight . for a concert and for my mams birthday party.
    I dont mind A so much as she's 2 but im just getting this lad settled in to a good routine for sleeping. GRRRR. I could keep going but i wont.

cyning wrote: »
    I bake during the day: it's a lot messier than with one but since C was about 14 months she helps! She stands on a chair and watches or stirs with a spoon or puts things in a bowl. She loves it!

How many days do the muffins last Cyning? Just figuring if I make them I'm a Sunday what day will I need to throw them if there are any left?

O Suucee... I'd be really annoyed. But it's very hard when you don't have a choice if where to leave them :(

I bake with helpers. It's way messier, but she has her little apron and is great at stirring.

Have been having an ongoing chats with husband about him being out at soccer three times a week at bedtime, and asking him to change to another time so he can help out. So this evening I decided to let him have a go (as apparantly it's easy peasy and I'm making a fuss about nothing) and went out for 2 hours with my buddy for a walk this evening. Point made I think, he said he put them each to bed about 5 times, and they kept waking eachother up. Hopefully soccer will get changed now!

L slept 7.15 - 6.15, i cant believe it. Finally seem to have cracked a routine that works for us. He's flying with solids. Tried him with pancakes the other day (thanks for that pwurple) and he loved it.
    Then yesterday i didnt puree dinner, just mashed and he done very well with it. Still have purees in the freezer so will use them up first. He's still very hungry though but getting to space out a bit again.

• Advertisement

How are ye all? I spent this morning putting away all of Lilly's lovely 3-6 month dresses and other clothes. Felt like shedding a few tears :(. They were just gorgeous little bits and pieces as we recieved so so so many presents of 3-6 month clothes. And she may have only worn things once or twice or some not at all.

Just felt so sad putting them away as she's outgrown them. Onto the 6-9mth now... They seem so big in comparison... Lol...

Aww, yeah it's sad to put them away.

Starting to look for a secondhand double buggy for my mums house. She will struggle to take the two of them out without the eldest being strapped down I think. She is very nervous of her running off even though she hasn't been in a buggy in about 18 months. Don't want to go the leash route, i know it probably works, but it looks a bit degrading to me.

• Registered Users Posts: 282 ✭✭Siipina

Ah well, went through it, I dont know how many times. LO is now in 12-18 month clothes and he was born small, so we went to all sizes in that time. I still have the vacuum seal bag beside his wardrobe to put stuff in. He is growing slower now so at least I get a bit out of the clothes :-) little man is doing well, he can sit on his own since a month and he is desperate to walk, he can stand well when he can hold on to something but he really hates tummy times, even if he just falls over. So my guess, he ll walk first, urrggghh.
    He is great with the solids just the teething is driving him mad. And he is so strong my arms are all bruised up from his grabbing.
    Next weekend is the christening, flying with him again, really hope it goes well, dont want to be the one with the screaming child.

Started solids yesterday: refluxing carrots is no fun at all!

Your 5/6 month old can stand siipina? My goodness! My lady is too chubby to hold her own weight I'd say! :)

Aw cyning, that sounds like a dose.

Ha my lazy lump still not even rolling. Were in 9-12mnth and some 12-18 mnth clothes . Getting a while out of 9-12 thankfully.
    Pwurple i just sold my double. I rarely ever used it. Hopefully you pick one up easily. Would she go on one of those buggy boards maybe.

Ah cyning poor lil thing. Hopefully starts to ease soon.

Yeah, she goes on the buggy board alright, but my mum is scared of her running away in public places... So she wants her strapped into something. She can get off the buggy board easily.

A friend of mine sold hers recently as well... I'm still iffy about it. She's only a few months off 4, I can't see her getting in to a buggy for long.

• Registered Users Posts: 282 ✭✭Siipina

Yep, he can stand and he loves it, even if I put him in the highchair he needs to stand first and have a look around. He needs something to hold on though but he starts to get the thing with the legs moving. Hope he takes his time with the walking, he doesnt have the brain for it yet.

• Registered Users Posts: 324 ✭✭LH2013

Hi Guy's how is everyone getting on ? Little man is threatening to crawl already !!!! Lock up the valuables ha ha

LH2013 wrote: »
    Hi Guy's how is everyone getting on ? Little man is threatening to crawl already !!!! Lock up the valuables ha ha

Same as that . Well not crawl but action man type crawl. My daughter done that first too. He can go around in circle and backwards (gets very frustrated with that) can sit up no prob but still not bothered with rolling (has done it a handfull ot times so i know he can. He now has 2 teeth also. Pretty happy lil man most ofvthe time. Alit more demanding though than my daughter was. time really is flying

• Advertisement

Aww sounds like he is thriving ! N will sit on his own for a few minutes but eventually falls over ! No teeth but one is starting to appear ! Can not believe he is nearly 7 months :( time flies and I am back to work at the end of this month !

I'm back at work a month now. God it's way easier than minding two kids all day long, i'm kinda mortified to admit. I'm delighted to see them in the evenings, before I used to be counting the minutes to bedtime. I have it easy though at the moment, can cycle to work with them on the back in the mornings, and I pop home at lunchtime to see them. Am able to do bits of work from home. Won't be like that for long.

No crawling here, just loads of push-ups! She has her first temp today from the creche as well. Just deployed the calpol.

Hi guys, so nice to hear how ur LOs are getting on. Pwurple hope your wee ones temp came down? We are good here. I feel kinda bad for not doing a whole lot with Lilly. I kinda just out get from her mat to the chair to the jumperoo and alternate. I should be trying to sit her up more and do tummy time etc but Thomas just takes up so much of my time. Lilly has a wee tooth and there's another comjng through :). She's such a happy baby.

I've decided to go back to work next January a couple days a week. Not sore how I feel about tbh... But mum will mind kids please god so I'm lucky I have her. Am also starting yet another post grad diploma next week in college so that will get me out of the house and my brain back into gear hopefully :)... It's been in tatters the last 2 years! Lol.

Toms going to be 2 next month! Can't believe it :).

My little lady is following me around the house: it's not a full crawl yet but not far off it!

She's having her 6 month vaccines tomorrow almost a month late so having a heart attack in case she lands back in the hospital... Fingers crossed she won't.... Although the next person to tell me think positive is getting something thrown at them ;)

Great idea on the dip sligo1, I've been dumped onto daft junior project at the moment (I guess they expect my brain not to be working, but a newbie graduate could do this) so I'm horsing into the extra training as well while I get the chance. Got to do something to justify the giant pay increase I'm going to be chancing my arm asking for next year! Mamma needs a house extension to get these babies into their own bedrooms!

Best of luck cyning with the jabs. Must be very stressful altogether, I'd be a bag of nerves. Did those test results ever comeback saying what might be causing it?

Are you all still doing the vitamin d drops? I have been hunting for mine, can't find them the last week. Really hope my eldest didn't neck them, she lovesthat manky aniseed flavour. Going to have to buy more I think.

The babbling is gas here at the moment. Baa baa maa maa blah blah. Never stops when she is awake. I've a future chatterbox on my hands I think.

Lol o definitively ask pwurple! Would be fab if you got the increase! I'm hoping this course will open up a few more avenues where I work whilst showing them my brain is still functioning and I'm keen to enhance my knowledge base... Hahaha. It's mad that those few extra letters after your name hold some weight even if you never use the course material! Lol They're all about life long learning at work. I don't want to go back full time just yet so any chance of promotion won't really suit... Maybe down the line tho.

How much are all your babas eating? You know those little tommee tippee pots? Well
    Lilly takes bout a half one of those of baby rice morning and night. I try her with other things but she won't take anything. She might try a couple
    Spoons of banana etc but never anymore. I'm not too worried now but would be good to know how much all your babas are eating?

It's all about big picture alright sligo1. I won't be using this stuff I'm training on either, but it gives more industry overview. More knowledge is always better anyway!

Eating-wise, haven't done baby rice at all. I tasted it before and it reminded me of wallpaper paste! Bananas she is spitting back at me, but ok with most everything else

She likes some porridge in the morning. I make a batch for all of us, she eats about 2 dessert spoons of it. She gnaws on some toast crusts as well with that. Doesn't really eat them, just chews and throws them on the floor!

11 o clock creche gives her a baby yoghurt, you know those glenisk ones? Weekends I give her some fruit as well with that. 2 mashed strawberries, or a segment of a big orange with the pith taken off.

1 o clock.... Gets whatever my mum is eating. they do spuds veg and meat every day over there. So she gets maybe 2 dessert spoons of that mashed up.

I don't give her any food in the afternoon, I stick to bottles then.

6pm, small bit of what we are having. curry+rice, or pasta, fish. If it's something unmanagable or unsuitable for her (ribs or raw meats!) then I have a stash of frozen avocado and rice cakes.

It's all scrappy bits really, more getting her used to tasting things than filling her up.

Her immunoglobulin and subclasses were all normal so no clue really... She definitely reacts to the vaccines by getting sick but there is no reason why she should. She gets frequent neutropenia but again no particular reason why she should except that she's fighting infections off.

In terms of food we've been having a really tough time with her reflux but single last wed maybe it's something like this:

730 boob
    10 readybrek with puréed fruit
    1030 boob
    1230 fruit/ avocado on crackers/ toast/ yogurt
    1 boob
    3 boob
    530 rice/pasta/potatoes & mince/chicken & carrots/parsnips/broccoli
    6/7/9 boob

She gets her losec at 930 and 5: two hours after and half an hour before food. Meals tend to be about two table spoons.

Before last week about three teaspoons all while screaming.

I applied for new job at work ...... Interview last wk eek nerve wrecking !!!!!

Though the hubs and I were chatting last night and decided to try for no 2 in the new year ...... The new team may not be happy with that !!!
    It was buy a house / have another baby ......

Our little guy loves food !!!

6.45 am he gets bottle and ready brek ( the baby rice was so ick he wouldn't eat it ! )

10.00 am bottle and sometimes some toast ( he just sucks it and mashes it lol )

12.30 lunch Juice , yoghurt , soup and rice cakes

3.30 bottle organix carrot snacks and banana

5.30 dinner pasta and mince or chickpea stew are his favourite

He eats more than me ha ha ha

Need more ideas of finger food though !

• Advertisement

Best of luck LH, cyning i hope she's ok. poor thing really has been through the mill.

Food wise another good grubber here.

7Am bottle

8am readybrek or weetabix

10am fruit puree and natural yogurt

12 bottle

2 lunch and sippy cup with milk, (soup, scrambled egg, beans, ) and finger food (toast/bread, rusk, rice cake, pancake, piece of what ever we are having)

4 yogurt / rice cakes

5.30 dinner and sippy cup with milk (what ever were having)

7.00 small bedtime snack and sippy cup of milk (readybrek, weetabix, ) then bed

9.30 bottle (dream feed(

we tried to give him bottle at 7 instead of 9.30 but he would only drink a small amount then wake up about 8.30 and then 12.30,.

Also when we moved from pureeing to mashing he kept gagging and physically getting sick. Spoke to gp last week and she has recommended to continue puree (ugh) for another month but can still include finger foods. what he has is not very puree , it wouldnt be runny or watering. we literally just blitz it so there's still a few lumps in it . going to do it this way for another wee while, . funny thing is he can sit up eating a piece of chicken or pancake or bread/toast, a rusk . any finger food is fine , just not his meals. its like he doesnt have the time to chew.

Also seems to prefer his milk in a cup alot of the time. very like his sister here. we make the formula in a formula jug then just pour it in to the bottles and cups during the day.

Advertisement