Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Arritech cs350-'Bell tamper''in display

Options
  • 09-07-2013 8:16pm
    Registered Users Posts: 2

Hi -perhaps someone could advise me.Got home yesterday to find 'Bell tamper 'displayed on the keypad.Got out the ladder and checked the exterior bell box.Sure enough-the terminals of the spring type switch were corroded /disconnected.I have to replace it but when I do will I need the 'engineers code' to reactivate the system?

Alternatively can I dispense with the anti tamper switch altogether by either connecting the two wires together ?Funds are low at present and I'd rather not call an Alarm Co . if possible.Thanks to all.

Comments

• Moderators, Home & Garden Moderators, Technology & Internet Moderators Posts: 24,789 Mod ✭✭✭✭KoolKid

Shorting those tamper terminals together should sort it. Alternatively remove the tamper return resistor & wire it across terminals 16 & 17 in the panel. Leave the bell Hold off into 16 as well but remove the tamper return cable from 17.
    If you do get a Call Alarm Co message send me the number & I'll source a reset code for you.

• Registered Users Posts: 855 ✭✭✭Evolution1

How high up Is the bell ?
    I have plenty of limit switches.
    If you want one FOC just PM and il pop it in the post . Other wise if the bell is high up just twist those two wires together .

* Note . The tamper is there for a reason.
    If you honestly feel the bell is high up and out of reach then by all means bypass the switch . Just link the tamper connections in the bell .

• Registered Users Posts: 2 leedec

Thanks a million Evolution and Koolkid-your advice and kind offers of help are really appreciated.The bell box not at all easily reached so I'm content for the moment -at least -to in effect dispense with the switch.I hopped up the ladder and connected those two wires ,wrapped them and put the cover back on-hey presto -fixed and the display is back to normal.Herself is most impressed by my skills and my brownie point index has risen-at least temporarily.Thanks again.

• Moderators, Home & Garden Moderators, Technology & Internet Moderators Posts: 24,789 Mod ✭✭✭✭KoolKid

Glad you got sorted, thanks for the update. If you need any help you know where we are.;)

Advertisement