Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Interview Help

Options
  • 09-07-2013 8:19pm
    Registered Users Posts: 370 ✭✭

I have a problem that I hope somebody can help me with. I hope it doesn't seem too stupid.

I got a job straight after college and have been working there for five years. I have progressed in my career but not as much as I would like. My employer sometimes treats me like a graduate, not someone with experience. I don't get to have a lot of responsibility, because he feels I have too much to learn. I feel that I have nothing to learn at my level and without a bit of a challenge.

I have decided to move on and have got an upcoming interview. How do I justify leaving my job because I feel that my employer treats me like the inexperienced young fool I was starting. I am up for a challenge and I feel able to take on lots more responsibility. I don't want to appear ungrateful to my employer either.

Comments

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Science, Health & Environment Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 47,258 CMod ✭✭✭✭Black Swan

Keep your reason for leaving positive. For example, you are leaving your former employer for opportunities (with new prospective employer) to learn and improve your work skills, experiences, and increase your value as an employee.

• Registered Users Posts: 600 ✭✭✭Kaylami

I left my old position because my employers were being completely unreasonable.

When I went for a interview I just kept it positive and said I was looking for a new challenge with possible career progression and that I felt it wasn't fair to myself or my old employer if I wasn't 100% committed to the role.

Advertisement