Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

79-0 and 67-0 scorelines in Nigerian play offs.

• 09-07-2013 8:46pm
    Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,059 ✭✭✭

Now I know it's politically incorrect to automatically assume everything Nigerian has some sort of shenanigans attached to it but I think it's fairly safe to assume this is one of those situations :D
    Four clubs involved in two play-off matches that ended 79-0 and 67-0 respectively - a total of 146 goals - have been suspended in Nigeria.
    Plateau United Feeders were 79-0 victors over Akurba FC while Police Machine FC demolished Bubayaro FC 67-0.

"It is unacceptable - a scandal of huge proportions," said Muke Umeh, chairman of the Nigerian Football Federation (NFF) Organising Committee.
    "The teams are suspended indefinitely, pending further sanctions." Plateau United Feeders and Police Machine went into the matches level on points, with promotion to the lowest tier of the Nationwide League Division at stake.

Feeders scored 72 of their goals in the second half, while Police Machine reportedly scored 61 times after the break in their game. The results meant that Plateau edged above Police Machine on goal difference.
    Source

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 3,707 ✭✭✭CR 7

Any team called Police Machine FC should be winning every game 67-0.

72 goals in the 2nd half :pac:

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,985 ✭✭✭Essien

I'd love to know what brought them to 79-0 while discussing a match fixing scenario.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,059 ✭✭✭Pacing Mule

I'd imagine it went something like both matches being played at same time, goal difference being the deciding factor and both losing teams nobbled. As the score went up in one match it went up in the other and so a comedic vicious circle ensued. Would love to see video of the games. :)

Essien wrote: »
    I'd love to know what brought them to 79-0 while discussing a match fixing scenario.

There was a massive pre match bet on Plateau United Feeders -78

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 33,579 ✭✭✭✭CSF

Now I know it's politically incorrect to automatically assume everything Nigerian has some sort of shenanigans attached to it]

But still correct in every other context!!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,109 ✭✭✭RikkFlair

Police Machine FC, what a class name. Are they managed by Robocop?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,557 ✭✭✭madalig12

RikkFlair wrote: »
    Police Machine FC, what a class name. Are they managed by Robocop?

Player/Owner he usually picks himself in nets so he doesnt have to do much.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 15,429 ✭✭✭✭Fr Tod Umptious

I would not be too quick to jump to conclusions here.
    I've seen Akurba FC a few times this season and they have a few weaknesses at the back.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 8,435 ✭✭✭wandatowell

I would not be too quick to jump to conclusions here.
    I've seen Akurba FC a few times this season and they have a few weaknesses at the back.

I always thought the "Todumptious" in Fr. Todumptious was his surname and not a combination of first and second names like the way you have it.

Mods: Can we please have some clarification on the above issue before we continue with the thread please?

Much appreciated.

• Advertisement
  • Moderators, Education Moderators Posts: 9,645 Mod ✭✭✭✭mayordenis

Father Todd Unctious

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 15,429 ✭✭✭✭Fr Tod Umptious

mayordenis wrote: »
    Father Todd Unctious
    Correct, I spelt it wrong when registering

• Registered Users Posts: 400 ✭✭Thecon21

Ah lovely, that's my over 3.5 goals double in each of those games safely in so.. :pac:

• Site Banned Posts: 26,456 ✭✭✭✭Nuri Sahin

Thecon21 wrote: »
    Ah lovely, that's my over 3.5 goals double in each of those games safely in so.. :pac:

Under 79.0 goals in the Plateau United Feeders game myself :(

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,894 ✭✭✭Nunu

What sort of mentality do these goons have? Even if you win something it means nothing...and with this level of farce everybody knows it not just the culprits

Dearest sir,

I am writing to you to possibly invest in my current football team Police Machine FC. Please see our recent results I am sure they will impress you greatly.

Please send me your bank account, name & address so I can organise your investment.

Thanks you,

Daniel George
    Prince of sunny Nigerian province Bida

Advertisement