Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Pepper Jack cheese.

Options
  • 09-07-2013 9:37pm
    Registered Users Posts: 5,551 ✭✭✭

Hey guys,

Recently fell in love with pepper jack cheese whilst over in the US but for the life of me, I can't find it anywhere over here. Any ideas where it can be found? I'm in the Louth area but be in Dublin and Newry quite a bit..

Cheers.

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 5,551 ✭✭✭Duff

:(

• Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 30,657 Mod ✭✭✭✭Faith

I'd hazard a guess that it might not be available here. Is it related to Monterey Jack? I've never seen that over here (but honestly I haven't looked that hard either)

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Politics Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators, Regional East Moderators Posts: 12,110 CMod ✭✭✭✭Dizzyblonde

I did a search and about 6 months ago oscarBravo mentioned using pepper jack cheese in the Here's What I Had for Dinner thread http://www.boards.ie/vbulletin/showpost.php?p=82517942&postcount=7530

Edit: He was in the US :(

• Registered Users Posts: 838 ✭✭✭bluecherry74

I got a cheese in Supervalu recently that is quite similar to Monterey Jack cheese - it was an Edam type cheese with chilli seasoning. I can't remember the name of it, but I think it was an Irish cheese and it was with the "fancy" cheese as opposed to the regular cheese. It was in Supervalu in Grange, Cork so not sure if it would be stocked in other stores.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,969 ✭✭✭hardCopy

I think they use it as a topping in Subway, so at least if you can't find it you could get it on an occasional sambo.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 39,412 ✭✭✭✭Mellor

Faith wrote: »
    I'd hazard a guess that it might not be available here. Is it related to Monterey Jack? I've never seen that over here (but honestly I haven't looked that hard either)

Pepper jack is monterey jack with chilli peppers.
    So finding that might be a good start point. If you can that is.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,818 ✭✭✭Bateman

Fallon and Byrne seem to have a lot of imported US stuff that I've never seen elsewhere, like sauces etc, but importing cheese is obviously a different story

• Registered Users Posts: 142 ✭✭emaleth

Have you tried the mexicana cheddar you can get in Dunnes, Superquinn, Supervalu etc? It's stronger flavoured than jack but it might work for you :)

Advertisement