Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Buses/Campsite in Carraroe?

Options
  • 09-07-2013 10:30pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 401 ✭✭

Hello,

I've been wanting to visit the coral beach up in Carraroe some weekend, and with the beautiful weather, now seems like a good time. However, the bus eireann times are no good when trying to get out there for a weekend daytrip (arrive about 1pm, last bus at 4.15pm), especially when I want to catch low tide.

Are there any other bus services that run to Carraroe I might not know about? Alternatively is there a campsite where I could pitch a tent for the night, and if so, would anyone know what the cost might be? - I'm trying to have fun on a tight budget :(. I've been looking online and on google maps but there's precious little info and what I can find seems old.

Info on any other accessible and interesting beaches in the Galway area would also be much appreciated - a bit of sand for lounging on is nice, but I need some nice rock pools to footer about in or I get bored :pac:.

Cheers

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 73 ✭✭conamara

Most people just camp at the beach - you might get more info at:
    http://ancheathrurua.ie/activities.php

• Closed Accounts Posts: 401 ✭✭steel_spine

conamara wrote: »
    Most people just camp at the beach - you might get more info at:
    http://ancheathrurua.ie/activities.php

Thanks for the link, I'll check it out. So there's no bother with camping by the beach then? I don't want to risk any hassle, and Irish landowners are a bit scarier to me - I'm used to having the 'right to roam' enshrined in law, but here stories and attitudes are very different.

• Registered Users Posts: 25,965 ✭✭✭✭Mrs OBumble

I'm not aware of any other buses running out there - everything I know about is listed here: http://www.galwaytransport.info/2012/11/buses-coaches-west-Galway-connamara-spiddal.html and www.a-b.ie is good for finding out all the point-to-point public transport options.

Do you drive? I've found that hiring a car isn't too expensive via www.arguscarhire.ie

• Registered Users Posts: 7,660 ✭✭✭GerardKeating

Hello,

I've been wanting to visit the coral beach up in Carraroe some weekend, and with the beautiful weather, now seems like a good time. However, the bus eireann times are no good when trying to get out there for a weekend daytrip (arrive about 1pm, last bus at 4.15pm), especially when I want to catch low tide.

Are there any other bus services that run to Carraroe I might not know about? Alternatively is there a campsite where I could pitch a tent for the night, and if so, would anyone know what the cost might be? - I'm trying to have fun on a tight budget :(. I've been looking online and on google maps but there's precious little info and what I can find seems old.

Info on any other accessible and interesting beaches in the Galway area would also be much appreciated - a bit of sand for lounging on is nice, but I need some nice rock pools to footer about in or I get bored :pac:.

Cheers

Bus Eireann Route 424 is the only Public Transport option to Carraroe, and it will leave you with a 3 km stroll to Corral Beach.

Last bus back on Sunday is 18:50hrs

Advertisement