Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Gym Etiquette

Options
  • 09-07-2013 11:42pm
    Registered Users Posts: 1,521 ✭✭✭

Hi all,

I've a few probably stupid questions about the gym. I went in last week to have a look around and try to figure out the do's/dont's

1. In the cardio area: is there disinfectant / paper to wipe down the machines after use?

2. I went downstairs to the swimming pool level. There was a short of changing area then a "no shoe" area ahead. Whats the procedure here? Do you put on flip flops then proceed into the main men/women changing area?

3. I notice there were a few shower cubicles in the mens dry changing room, but no curtain? Same question in mens wet changing room?

Cheers!

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 321 ✭✭fishtastico

1. Yes (or at least there used to be)

2. You can either put on flip-flops or go barefoot (probably not as good an option)

3. In the wet changing area, it's all communal showering (unless there are secret cubicles nobody told me about). There are no curtains in the dry one either. Don't think there ever were.

• Registered Users Posts: 440 ✭✭MrPain

Joseph wrote: »
    Hi all,

1. In the cardio area: is there disinfectant / paper to wipe down the machines after use?

There usually is a spray bottle and paper towels on one of the paper towel dispensers that are on the pillars in the cardio in area.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,700 ✭✭✭ThirdMan

Joseph wrote: »
    There was a short of changing area then a "no shoe" area ahead.

The changing room is also a 'no shoe' area as far as I'm concerned. I had mine nicked in there, by a guy I had just been talking to. A tall, thin, nerdy lad. Size 10.

• Registered Users Posts: 143 ✭✭weshtawake

A question here on an old thread!!
    Was in the gym this morning pre 8 am for an hour. For the entire duration of my stay there were 3 women on adjacent threadmills who literally never shut up talking to one another. It annoyed me but i did nothing about it.
    Generally are there "rules/expectations" around this in gyms or am i just a cranky old git!!

• Registered Users Posts: 1,467 ✭✭✭mushykeogh

How dare those two people chat to each other during their recreational pastime.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 143 ✭✭weshtawake

Congratulations on being a sarcastic dickhead!

• Registered Users Posts: 100 ✭✭IWJ

weshtawake wrote: »

Congratulations on being a sarcastic dickhead!

No but really, why did it annoy you?

Were you being distracted from your own workout?

• Registered Users Posts: 12,818 ✭✭✭✭Dtp1979

• Registered Users Posts: 29 longford101

Are there private showers ANYWHERE in tcd gym?

• Registered Users Posts: 3,357 ✭✭✭papu

Not as far as I know. Could try asking at reception.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 3,201 ✭✭✭languagenerd

There were two shower cubicles just beside the lifeguards' office in the pool area a couple of years ago when I was a member.

Advertisement