Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Illegal dumping

• 10-07-2013 12:35am
    Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,569 ✭✭✭

I was out taking photos of sunsets over lakes and tonight when I came across some rubbish that looked like it had just been dumped.
    Anyone know what are the procedures for reporting this?
    If the Council go through the rubbish and find letters or something would I be obliged to go to court.
    Wondering if I should just anonomously inform them of it's whereabouts.

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,763 ✭✭✭dmc17

I wouldn't imagine you'd have to go to court, but I'm not sure. It's not like you're a witness to the dumping. The council are going to see the exact same thing you did.

• Moderators, Sports Moderators, Regional Midwest Moderators Posts: 23,997 Mod ✭✭✭✭Clareman

The council take a very harsh line on illegal dumpers, it's up to people to prove their innocence rather than the council having to prove guilt, rightly so too in my opinion. Personally I was involved in an illegal dumping issue years ago, all IT equipment used to be delivered in my name, we used to let people help themselves to the boxes, PC or Monitor boxes are very handy things, 1 of the boxes turned up in a field somewhere and cause my name was on the box I was sent a fine, I had to explain the situation, show that it wasn't me that dumped it (i.e. show that numerous deliveries came in my name and the policy was to let people take the boxes), it was all sorted then.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,982 ✭✭✭Brennans Row

I was out taking photos of sunsets over lakes and tonight when I came across some rubbish that looked like it had just been dumped.
    Anyone know what are the procedures for reporting this?

Illegal Dumping (Clare County Council)

Incidents of illegal dumping may be reported by members of the public to the Environment Section, Clare County Council, by telephoning 065 6846331 or the Anti Litter Hotline 1800 606 706.
    If the Council go through the rubbish and find letters or something would I be obliged to go to court.
    Wondering if I should just anonomously inform them of it's whereabouts.
    Just report it and the council will deal with the issue themselves.

My elderly parents found a black plastic bag of household rubbish dumped in their front garden which they reported to the Limerick City Council.

It was about the fifth incident on their road in that particular month.

An official came by and examined its contents.

He quickly identified its owners, took the rubbish with him and the council followed the issue further with that dysfunctional family.

He reassured my parents that they won’t be involved in any way.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,569 ✭✭✭Builderfromhell

Thanks for info.
    Will call Council in morning

• Closed Accounts Posts: 931 ✭✭✭periodictable

Had 70 black bags of refuse dumped by a crowd of **** from Ennis. I went through it, found bills, addresses, etc, rang the council lads who came out and removed it. I didn't have to go to court. They got 4 successful prosecutions. Hats off to the Environmental guys-it's a thankless job and they are the real heroes of Clare Co.Co.

• Advertisement
  • Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 16,620 ✭✭✭✭dr.fuzzenstein

Had 70 black bags of refuse dumped by a crowd of **** from Ennis. I went through it, found bills, addresses, etc, rang the council lads who came out and removed it. I didn't have to go to court. They got 4 successful prosecutions. Hats off to the Environmental guys-it's a thankless job and they are the real heroes of Clare Co.Co.

Good to hear.
    They should also drive a bin lorry up to the perpetrator's house and empty it's contents in their garden and living room.
    I will deffo ring them up in the future, because where I live is rife with litter.
    Some mucksavage gobsh*te of a farmer even dumps dead calves in a hedge and a stream (WTF is wrong with that fcuktard) not far from where I live.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 931 ✭✭✭periodictable

Have done that in the past when I found an address-f***ed it all over their front garden.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 73,468 ✭✭✭✭colm_mcm

Have done that in the past when I found an address-f***ed it all over their front garden.

In my case I put it over the back seat of their car (unlocked)

• Registered Users Posts: 250 ✭✭Reg_hurley

I'm a bit late on this but the epa have listed the steps involved to report incidents:http://www.epa.ie/enforcement/report/
    They also launched a "See it? Say it!" compaign with mobile app to help report incidents of pollution:
    Info link

Advertisement