Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

seperation help

• 10-07-2013 1:52am
    Registered Users Posts: 12

Hi all,

Earlier this evening i have had the courage to pack my suitcase and leave my wife. I said good bye to my 3 childrena and left the house and marriage. I am looking for some practical advice as to what next.

How do i proceed with sereration / divorce ?

I hear mediation is the process people use. Ant recomendation in the maynooth/celbridge area as to a good option. ?

I will see a solicitor tomorrow and get advice also.

Very painfull times for me. Would really like sonmeone to sit down and talk to about my issues but dont fancy sitting with a couneillor for hours.

Any help / advise appriciated. Thanks

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 20,830 ✭✭✭✭Taltos

More suitable in this forum OP.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,847 ✭✭✭desbrook

Hi OP - sorry you are in this position . From your post you are looking for "practical advice " as to what next . Well firstly you are doing the right thing by seeing a solicitor asap and yes mediation is very likely to play a role in sorting things out especially with finances and access to the kids . For mediation to even get off the ground your wife will need to agree and call FMS separately . Only then will you get an appointment .
    You have given very little detail as to how amicable or not this break up is , or any detail of what you have agreed with your wife about costs/access and all the other bits and pieces .There's no mention of your plans re living arrangments . That's your right - we aren't here to interogate you !! My hope however is that you have agreed something for the interim and haven't just walked out leaving her and your three children high and dry . No matter what they can't deserve that and your solicitor may advise you that it may be seen as desertion and not help your cause .
    I can only advise you in a very general sense therefore . Put your children's welfare at the centre of all this and hopefully your wife will do the same . Fears will play a big role in your dealings with your wife in the next while . Please understand her fears and see where she is coming from . Once again she will need to do the same for you .
    On a very practical note your solicitor should present you at some point with a "section 68 "letter which basically is a written qoutation for the kind of representaion you require and how much it should cost . You won't get it today but should early on . Best of luck !

Advertisement