Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Personal Trainer Athlonne

Options
  • 10-07-2013 7:48am
    Registered Users Posts: 177 ✭✭

Hi everyone,

Does anyone know if there are any personal trainers in Athlone? I joined the gym in the sports centre but have rarely used it and I know its just a massive waste of money. I need to lose weight badly but I have no motivation to get off my ass and do something about it, honestly I need someone to give out to me when I'm not doing what I'm suppsed to :P

Any help is massively appreciated ^_^

(and yes I know there are guys who give you a plan in the gym, I already got one but they just give you a plan and thats it, theres no checking on how you are doing after that or constant interatcion which is what I need).

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 13 aido06

Hi did you find a personal trainer? I'm a fitness trainer from athlone living in galway, i go home often as my mam still lives there. cheers Adrain

• Registered Users Posts: 177 ✭✭martinak89

Nope never got anyone to reply to me. Was just gonna go and join crossfit classes but with work hours becoming crazy I don't know whats going to happen.....

• Registered Users Posts: 1,877 ✭✭✭Burkatron

martinak89 wrote: »
    Nope never got anyone to reply to me. Was just gonna go and join crossfit classes but with work hours becoming crazy I don't know whats going to happen.....

Go to CrossFit Athlone (Robbie Kelly's place) & not the other non affiliated crowd who offer CrossFit fundamental courses that last 3x 1 hour sessions....

Burkatron wrote: »
    Go to CrossFit Athlone (Robbie Kelly's place) & not the other non affiliated crowd who offer CrossFit fundamental courses that last 3x 1 hour sessions....

You see thats funny now because I was told by a friend not to go to Robbie Kelly....Does the other group not offer proper crossfit classes? Excuse my ignorance btw im not exactly well informed yet on the basics of crossfit

• Registered Users Posts: 1,877 ✭✭✭Burkatron

martinak89 wrote: »
    You see thats funny now because I was told by a friend not to go to Robbie Kelly....Does the other group not offer proper crossfit classes? Excuse my ignorance btw im not exactly well informed yet on the basics of crossfit

Unless they're affiliated they aren't allowed offer classes under the CrossFit banner! I have no idea of quality but it grinds my gears hearing people not paying their dues leeching off the name! What's the name of the other gym offering CrossFit in Athlone??

All I know is Robbie's fundamentals class is 3-4 weeks! He's an experienced trainer with a good pedigree!
    It's not the be all & end all but it's better then 3 x 1 hour classes! You need to be gradually introduced to movements & intensity! The shorter the course the less prepared you are for high intensity classes! It's a recipe for disaster!

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1 WinRob

Hey Martina we are the only affiliated Crossfit facility in Athlone and I have 5 + years in Personal Trainer/Coaching experience.I can't speak for anyone else only that my 50+ members and still growing are coached to a very high standard which starts with our 3 week Fundamentals course. Thanks

Robbie
    Crossfit Athlone :)

Oh right well I know the guy whos doing the other training is doing crossfit training but I dont think he's using the crossfit banner yet as he's not registered for it yet or something? As to where its on, I haven't a clue

Advertisement