Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Irish foods in your local supermarket?

Options
  • 10-07-2013 8:02am
    Closed Accounts Posts: 4,390 ✭✭✭

I have found the following in my nearby supermarket and for reasonable prices.

Kerry gold butter.
    Barry's tea.
    McVities digestives.
    Wetabix.

What have you found?

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 2,921 ✭✭✭silja

The above other than Weetabix
    Dubliner Cheese
    Cadbury's chocolate (but it doesn't taste the same)

• Registered Users Posts: 1,230 ✭✭✭spideog7

silja wrote: »
    The above other than Weetabix
    Dubliner Cheese
    Cadbury's chocolate (but it doesn't taste the same)

Weetabix is sold in the US now, it's in the regular cereal aisle.

I've seen Jacobs Cream Crackers, Kerrygold, Dubliner and some other Irish cheese I've never even seen at home. Those are all in the regular aisles, there's a British section with a bunch more stuff like Heinz beans, Barry's, various chocotlate bars, Marmalade, Birds Custard etc. but it's very expensive. I've seen Roses too. Can't say I regularly buy any of it other than butter and cheese, cream crackers when I see them.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,921 ✭✭✭silja

I was so glad when Walmart first started carrying McVittes! I still miss plain tea bikkies though... nothing like it here.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,390 ✭✭✭clairefontaine

I buy the butter and the tea.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 9,622 ✭✭✭Ruu

Meijer in the midwest has an international aisle with some British/Irish foods. Mostly sweet things though like Bounty, Lion bar, Aero, etc. Has plenty of tea Tetley, PG Tips and so on.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,626 ✭✭✭rockonollie

Not irish, but we're glad to see muller yogurts at our local store.

Thankfully we're only 20 minutes drive from an international food market that sells all the staples.....Magner's and Kilkenny in the beer section, flahavans, cadburys (made in ireland not the US), taytos, erin soups and sauce packs, lyons, they have barry's but i wouldn't touch the stuff.

Of course the greatest thing of all that they have.......club orange and rock shandy.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,698 ✭✭✭iusedtoknow

We have Brennan's bread, all manner of biscuits, club orange, taytos, erin soups, butter....basically everything you need when you feel a slight tinge of homesickness.

My wife (spanish) can get everything she needs from a spanish deli downtown

• Registered Users Posts: 1,626 ✭✭✭rockonollie

How could I forget the most important thing......knorr Peppercorn sauce.

• Registered Users Posts: 48 NYC2013

Buchers Block in Queens NY where I can get a breakfast roll and the Limerick Leader :)

• Registered Users Posts: 45 manzana

Kerrygold butter you can find everywhere at least in Austin. At least everywhere I shop... since maybe from 2011. Awesome.
    I find Dubliner and some Kerrygold cheeses at regular small HEB stores here, and often in Costco.
    Paddy's I had to order from thewhiskeyplace in the internet because that was a pain in the butt to find anywhere in Texas. But now there's even a local place here in Austin selling it, Spec's at Arbor Walk. And it costs less than in Ireland. Oh wait, just like the butter...

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 3,059 ✭✭✭WilyCoyote

Shaws carry Hobnobs, Jacob's CCs, Barry's Tea, Fruit Pastiles, Heinz Baked Beans, Branston Pickle, Dubliner Cheese, Kerrygold etc. Their local store here is closing on Sept 2nd so will have to stock up :( Hannaford's carry a good few Irish cheeses, Smithwick's, Guinness and Murphy's :D

• Registered Users Posts: 744 ✭✭✭Darren1o1

WilyCoyote wrote: »
    Shaws carry Hobnobs, Jacob's CCs, Barry's Tea, Fruit Pastiles, Heinz Baked Beans, Branston Pickle, Dubliner Cheese, Kerrygold etc. Their local store here is closing on Sept 2nd so will have to stock up :( Hannaford's carry a good few Irish cheeses, Smithwick's, Guinness and Murphy's :D

Candy store in keene has club orange, club lemon, lilt, crisps, and chocolate bars.

Advertisement