Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Is Penney's Sunblock safe?

• 10-07-2013 8:19am
    Closed Accounts Posts: 1,783 ✭✭✭

Their 50 factor is only about 4 Euro and while it seems ok, I'm wary of how a good sunblock could really be only 4 Euro, can anyone shed light? I've been having hair removal and therefore have vulnerable skin. A good blocker is important.

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 138 ✭✭layviae

i use it and its fine, there after sun (the blue bottle) is amazing, ive put both on my sons sensitive skin and hes been fine

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 33,518 ✭✭✭✭dudara

What are the UVA & UVB ratings printed on the bottle?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 900 ✭✭✭jadie

I think its 5 star UVA? I bought the Aldi suncream yesterday and am very impressed with it- added vitamin E and 5 star UVA

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,103 ✭✭✭Tiddlypeeps

Does it leave a greasy feeling on the skin?

I'm on the look out for a good sun block that doesn't leave that sticky oily feeling on my skin all day. I have really fair skin so I always wear factor 50 and even then if I'm out in the sun for more than 20 minutes I'll still burn. If I go without I'd be a tomato after 20 minutes so it definitely helps.

Le Roche Posay have a new oil out in spf 50 might tick all those boxes for you.

• Advertisement

jadie wrote: »
    Le Roche Posay have a new oil out in spf 50 might tick all those boxes for you.

Cool. You don't know what it's called by any chance? I did a quick google search and got lots of hits for different products.

Cool. You don't know what it's called by any chance? I did a quick google search and got lots of hits for different products.

This one: http://her.ie/story/savvy-in-the-sun-la-roche-posay-introduce-new-anthelios-xl-invisible-nutritive-oil-spf50-294035

• Registered Users Posts: 1,204 ✭✭✭elfy4eva

Freiheit wrote: »
    Their 50 factor is only about 4 Euro and while it seems ok, I'm wary of how a good sunblock could really be only 4 Euro, can anyone shed light? I've been having hair removal and therefore have vulnerable skin. A good blocker is important.

Sunblock as a concept is nothing special so
    dont be put off by a low price. I've seen Bear Grylls
    cover himself in muck and say it was as good
    as factor 50 :D

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,783 ✭✭✭Freiheit

Hi it doesn't give a UVA and UVB rating , it just says UVA and UVB protection, no rating, it's a yellow bottle, SPF 50. The lotion itself is green and quite soft.

jadie wrote: »

I picked up a bottle of this yesterday and gave it a go this morning. It goes on quite oily and stays on the skin for about half an hour before it had soaked in completely. My skin just feels slighly dewey now, a lot better than the uncomfortable all day sticky feeling the last few lotions I tried had.

Cheers for the recommendation :)

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 36 lover_of_life

I use the la roche posay oil and I have to say its the best I've ever used. its non greasy and sinks in straight away for me. i have very fair Irish skin and I freckle and It 100 percent protects my skin. I know its a little on the expensive side but because its an oil its going to last a long time

P.s its also great on the face as a base before foundation.

its on special in boots at the moment too :-)

http://www.boots.ie/en/La-Roche-Posay-Anthelios-XL-Invisible-Nutritive-Oil-SPF-50-200ml_1326917/

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 12,313 ✭✭✭✭Sam Kade

elfy4eva wrote: »
    Sunblock as a concept is nothing special so
    dont be put off by a low price. I've seen Bear Grylls
    cover himself in muck and say it was as good
    as factor 50 :D
    He also drank his own piddle saying it's great for the drought ;) my guess is that it was only water and a put on grin while he drank it.

Advertisement