Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Ecigs gonna be discussed on Newstalk @ 08:50

Options
  • 10-07-2013 8:29am
    Registered Users Posts: 1,711 ✭✭✭

Ecigs gonna be discussed on Newstalk @ 08:50, no idea who they'll wheel out...

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 1,711 ✭✭✭Gryzor

Short and sweet, the guest, didn't catch his name was fairly balanced, took the, "We don't know yet" line.

The anchor, Chris Donoghue, was trying to hype it a bit, going on about PG levels, and funnily rekoned we haven't any flavoured juice in Ireland yet...

• Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 9,689 Mod ✭✭✭✭stevenmu

Heard it earlier, the guest did seem fairly balanced in fairness and seemed interested in the potential as a method for stopping smoking. I sent in an email with some comments but didn't get to listen after 9, did they read any comments out after?

• Registered Users Posts: 1,711 ✭✭✭Gryzor

Didn't listen after that, not sure...

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 9,464 ✭✭✭Celly Smunt

Seemed to pick up on the point of juices being attractive to younger people,which is in fairness quite true.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 599 ✭✭✭Ian Whelan

It's a bit disconcerting to hear about the possible health damage they can do. It is in fairness quite strange that they can be sold here without any regulation.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 4,255 ✭✭✭tommy2bad

Seemed to pick up on the point of juices being attractive to younger people,which is in fairness quite true.

It is? not in my experience.
    Ian Whelan
    It's a bit disconcerting to hear about the possible health damage they can do. It is in fairness quite strange that they can be sold here without any regulation.
    They cant, thats a lie they use. Reg are in place for the batterys and all the general products regs apply too. When they say no regulation they imply a free for all when what they mean is no regulation specifically naming ecigs.
    A tactic of mud throwing. Otherwise known as lieing by omission.
    As to health damage, more lies, no evidence of possible health damage has been found, though they never mention that, instead claiming 'we don't know' We do but they wont acknowledge the research from anyone but their own research which they won't do.

So sorry I didn't call in now.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,305 ✭✭✭Green Hornet

There was a follow up this morning on newstalk too but I just got the very end of it. They had the French ambassador on talking about it.

As I said pharma has brought out the big guns. They are taking our anti medicine regulation campaign seriously.

• Registered Users Posts: 23,137 ✭✭✭✭TheDoc

There was a follow up this morning on newstalk too but I just got the very end of it. They had the French ambassador on talking about it.

I was listening to her as she explained what France, the first country to legislate on them, is planning to do.

They have issues with E-Cigs being advertised glamoursly and are concerned that the industry which the French Minister for Health still feels is a Tobacco product, is allowed to operate without regulation.

They are introducing legislation to remove E-Cig use from public, place the companies who distribute them under the same advertising constraints as normal tobacco products, ensure legal age restrictions are imposed, and also ensure they are subject to Tobacco tax

Won't be long before we see it here, especially with that gob****e Reilly running the show. And another trick for Government to shaft smokers and get a few more coppers from tax : /

Yeah well France has a licensed tobacco shop system and probably have come under a lot of pressure to protect their investment. Tobacco licences are crazy money over their, in the region of pub licences here.

• Advertisement
Advertisement