Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

credit rating

Options
  • 10-07-2013 9:38am
    Registered Users Posts: 4,631 ✭✭✭

About 2/3 years ago I had a visa credit card issued to me by ulster bank. During a period of unemployment I failed to make any repayments for over three months, and they cancelled the card.

The matter was passed over to company called triton credit, so I came to a payment plan with them, and stuck with it until I got it all paid off.

In the meantime I've cleared an existing personal loan on time (loan and credit card taken out same time) and Im in a steady job with wages paid monthly into my account.

Im just wondering if its worth my while applying for another credit card, or will I be ran out of the place? I have learned my lesson since the last time... :)

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 4,631 ✭✭✭Aint Eazy Being Cheezy

Anyone? :)

• Registered Users Posts: 165 ✭✭Full_TiltKeith

Anyone? :)

Best thing to do would be to visit this site: http://www.icb.ie/, get your credit report and read the information they have.

The fact you paid of the loan is a good thing, but In my experience not good enough to be approved for more credit, if a previous credit agreement was sent to debt collectors.

This was my experience, though, yours may be different.

Advertisement