Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

My horrible EIRCOM experience

Options
  • 10-07-2013 10:33am
    Registered Users Posts: 3

On May 10 an Eircom rep called at my door to advertise thenew E-Fiber broadband coming to my area. I was told that with E-Fiber will be able to get a Broadband only package (no phone bundle). This turned out not to be true (false advertising). I‘ve signed up to move back to Eircom from Smart.Was told that the switch will take around 5 to 10 days to complete. A month has passed and no sign of Eircom ( mail / bills / e-mails). Called Eircom a few times, they had no trace of my order. Sometime at end of June they were able to find my order and confirm that switch was approved from June 6th . OnJuly 1st they switched the phone line and I have lost broadband connection.Rang customer support and they have said it will take 5 days to get the broadband. When I signed up  the rep said there willbe no discontinuation in the broadband service. After 5 days called back and was told that there are no ports available until July 25th . I amworking from home 4 days a week and having broadband is vital for my work. Since July 1st I had to call in the office every day of the week tobe able to do my work. At this stage they are not even able to confirm me the July 25th as a definite day for Broadband connection.

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 795 ✭✭✭eircom: Tracey

Hi petronas,

I am so sorry to hear of the ongoing issues you are having.

Would you like to PM me your details and I will look into this for you?

Thanks

Tracey

• Registered Users Posts: 430 ✭✭Aepos

Hello petronas

Unfortunately this seems to be normal treatment for returning customers, See my posting of this evening and the link to my thread on the Eircom forum.

Eircom please wake up and smell the now cold coffee..

Aepos

• Registered Users Posts: 3 petronas

Aepos wrote: »
    Hello petronas

Unfortunately this seems to be normal treatment for returning customers, See my posting of this evening and the link to my thread on the Eircom forum.

Eircom please wake up and smell the now cold coffee..

Aepos
    Thanks Aepos.

Looks like you were luckier than I was. I have completely lost broadband connection when they switched the line . I've been having the same issue when calling Winback or E-Fiber .
    What's even worse is that I am not able to telework and have to drive into the office every day until they sort out at least my broadband.

• Registered Users Posts: 3 petronas

Hi petronas,

I am so sorry to hear of the ongoing issues you are having.

Would you like to PM me your details and I will look into this for you?

Thanks

Tracey
    Hi Tracey
    I was wondering do you have any updates on the ongoing issues I am having with my broadband?

Regards
    Petro

• Closed Accounts Posts: 795 ✭✭✭eircom: Tracey

petronas wrote: »
    Hi TraceyI was wondering do you have any updates on the ongoing issues I am having with my broadband?RegardsPetro
    Hi,

I have sent you a PM there.

Thanks

Tracey

• Advertisement
Advertisement