Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Setting up an International Student Account

Options
  • 10-07-2013 10:34am
    Registered Users Posts: 1

I am due to being postgrad study in Ireland in september, I am being funded through a University research grant and in order to complete my application process I need details of the bank account I intend to use whilst in Ireland. 

I have a UK student current account which I do not wish to use due to 'overseas fees' etc. I understand that until I have a formal letter/notification of an offer that I will not be able to open a student account with you. I was wondering however whether I would be able to apply for a current account in order to complete the relevant paper work and then transfer this to a student account once I have all the necessary paperwork including official offers etc?! 

Thanks.

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 719 ✭✭✭Bank of Ireland: Linda

Hi Sara,

Congratulations on your postgrad and best of luck with your studies.

To open a new account with us you will need to contact the branch you wish to open an account with as it is at their discretion if they open a non resident account. You will then need to complete a new account application form and produce valid identification documentation, proof of true name and address.

For Name: Passport, Driving Licence, International Identity Card.

For Address: Utility bill, government document, etc issued within the last 6 months

You can find details of our branches here.

You can also find information regarding our current accounts here.

Thanks
    Linda

Advertisement