Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Rose problems

• 10-07-2013 11:13am
    Closed Accounts Posts: 110 ✭✭

these are david austin roses, they have attracted some sort of bugs which are destroying this beautiful fragrant plant. is there anything i can do to save this rose? see attached pics

Cheers

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 14 jason2010

Hi,

The circular holes are caused by the leaf cutter bee. They cut out a piece of leaf and carry it back to make their nest. They do not need to be controlled and they will not damage the plant it doesn't look good but there will be no damage.

They seem to select different plants each year In my my garden. Last year was my David Austin Queen of Sweeden Rose but this year they have left it alone.

Don't worry about them. It looks unsightly but try this... Stand at the plant and watch. You will see the bee select the leaf and cut a perfectly semi circle hole and carry it. It looks cool to see them doing it.

Advertisement