Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Mature student fees

• 10-07-2013 11:38am
    Registered Users Posts: 27

I've completed a diploma in an Institute of Technology over 10 years ago but never continued for degree. I've applied to go back to do a separate degree course in U.C.C. I'm wondering what the actual fee costs are? Am I entitled to free fees? Etc!

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,115 ✭✭✭magicianz

http://www.ucc.ie/en/mature// Give em a call or email, they'll sort you out. Everyone that I've metworking in any section outside the main student body (mature/international/HEAR/DARE) are absolutely fantastic! They should be able to either assist you straight out or else they will put you in contact with someone who knows :)

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,753 ✭✭✭CZ 453

I've completed a diploma in an Institute of Technology over 10 years ago but never continued for degree. I've applied to go back to do a separate degree course in U.C.C. I'm wondering what the actual fee costs are? Am I entitled to free fees? Etc!

As far as I know you are not entitled to have your fees covered if you are starting a new course. I did a cert(in an IT) and was told i was to pay for the new course tuition fees for the duration of the cert(2 years).

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 128 ✭✭Delira

I did a diploma in an IT and then went on to do a degree 6 years later, (which I just completed this year in UCC) and I was entitled to free fees. I think the time gap in between courses has to be 5 years or so. So I think you're safe enough :)

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,753 ✭✭✭CZ 453

Delira wrote: »
    I did a diploma in an IT and then went on to do a degree 6 years later, (which I just completed this year in UCC) and I was entitled to free fees. I think the time gap in between courses has to be 5 years or so. So I think you're safe enough :)

Checked this out and this is correct. Ignore what I said above. That only applies to people with 3 years for the same course or within 5 years for a different course

Advertisement