Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

best dublin beach

Options
  • 10-07-2013 11:52am
    Registered Users Posts: 9,795 ✭✭✭

Whats the best beach on a day like today that's primarily accesible and safe?
    Thinking sandymount maybe (I have relatives there so could park easily) Would travel north county if I knew I wouldn't get stuck in traffic or have parking issues. Cheers

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 434 ✭✭AsianDub

The Shelly Banks would be another one. Wouldn't call it the best with the Poolbeg Generator Station there but very quiet. The drive to it isn't pleasant through industrial grounds but if you go through the Irishtown Nature Reserve you will come to the beach and also if you continue on around the corner you come to the Great South Wall, well worth the walk out to the lighthouse. One of my favourite spots in Dublin.

• Registered Users Posts: 9,795 ✭✭✭sweetie

Thanks man, shelly banks was perfect for us today!

• Registered Users Posts: 434 ✭✭AsianDub

No worries! Was just down there myself. Glad you enjoyed it!

Advertisement