Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Dog left in car

Comments

• Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators Posts: 9,770 Mod ✭✭✭✭DBB

Link?

As per mod instructions, keep the linking etc on this matter to pm please.
    Thanks,
    DBB

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,000 ✭✭✭mitosis

gimmick wrote: »
    Some vegan chick model is locking herself in a car for 10-15 minutes around Stephens Green today with the windows up for a photo op to try raise awareness and get people to not leave their dogs in the car about herself. She was on Darcy earlier talking about it.

Media ho, tbh

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,531 ✭✭✭Tranceypoo

TillyGirl wrote: »
    Its on FB have seen it several times today.

TG, would you mind PMing me the FB link please?
    Thanks
    TP

• Closed Accounts Posts: 12,468 ✭✭✭✭OldNotWIse

Toulouse wrote: »
    Ah yeah, we have their counterpart in Ireland too. Sickening.

Well known SPCA?

• Registered Users Posts: 246 ✭✭reeta

Tranceypoo wrote: »
    TG, would you mind PMing me the FB link please?
    Thanks
    TP

TG, would you also pm me the FB link. Thanks

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,816 ✭✭✭unclebill98

Little Ted wrote: »
    Ap

unclebill98, I hope the photos get all over social media. That person has no business making money from animals they clearly have no respect for. If I see that photo circulating facebook I sure as hell will be emailing the business owner.

Well it turns out they have a personal FB page. It was posted to a number of dog related FB pages and the pic has already come back to me. So far they have not engaged the posts. Would be hard to deny it.

Just checked. Its been shared at least 1550 times from one persons page....

• Closed Accounts Posts: 50 ✭✭jkwxez12yrdgbq

Could you please PM me a link too, want to make sure we don't recommend them to any clients.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,596 ✭✭✭anniehoo

If the link is legit, the dog spent 90minutes in the car with a small crack of the windown open. Disgraceful. :mad: They won't be in business much longer after Facebook does it's job!

anniehoo wrote: »
    If the link is legit, the dog spent 90minutes in the car with a small crack of the windown open. Disgraceful. :mad: They won't be in business much longer after Facebook does it's job!

Its 100% true. Multiple people tried to call them and waiting at the car. Pics/video etc where taken. They must have had a few missed calls on there phone.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 7,480 ✭✭✭wexie

Its 100% true. Multiple people tried to call them and waiting at the car. Pics/video etc where taken. They must have had a few missed calls on there phone.

Considering the phone number is clearly visible in the picture methinks they'll be getting some more.

• Advertisement

I'd assume so. Pic is now hitting 1700 shares from just one persons page.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 21,296 ✭✭✭✭gimmick

Hit a brother up by pm someone please. Thanks.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 425 ✭✭Vince32

I would like to post a link on "how to help with overheated dogs" since this topic is so exhaustive on how to deal with the owner of the animal, I would like to share (for the people who don't know) how to save a life.

http://www.wikihow.com/Treat-Heat-Stroke-in-Dogs

You may only have minutes to help a dog, and it's important if you decide to help that you know how to, I just ran a simple google search to find this, and if it helps even one person, it was worth posting.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,024 ✭✭✭Owryan

could someone pm me a link to the fb page please

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,596 ✭✭✭anniehoo

gimmick wrote: »
    Hit a brother up by pm someone please. Thanks.
    Owryan wrote: »
    could someone pm me a link to the fb page please

PM me if you haven't

• Closed Accounts Posts: 7,480 ✭✭✭wexie

anniehoo wrote: »
    PM me if you haven't

I PM'd them

Well they are now defending themselves on FB pages that are closed groups.

"I was in gym for 1 hr with other dog lover and car was in shade. Thanks for concerns."

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,332 ✭✭✭tatli_lokma

"I was in gym for 1 hr with other dog lover and car was in shade. Thanks for concerns."

Oh well, that's alright then :rolleyes:

Stupid woman. Fortunately this is one bell she will not be able to unring. The damage to her reputation is well and truly done.

• Registered Users Posts: 313 ✭✭noddyone2

Hi,

A neighbouring work employee has just left their small dog in their car. I'm not sure if she is planning on keeping the dog in there all day as I overheard her telling the dog she would not be long and she told work colleagues she planned on bringing the dog for a walk at lunch time. Just wondering how long is ok to keep a dog locked in a car on a day like today?!:mad::eek:
    I came across a dog in a car a few years ago (hot day, not as hot as now), obviously in distress. I called the Guards, one came on his motorbgike, smashed the side window and lifted the dog out. SO, CALL THE GUARDS.

Are we allowed to mention company names in this context?

There's a FB thing this morning about a dog walking company that left a dog in a car outside a shopping centre for 90 minutes.

Edit: sorry just saw that y'all got there first lol

• Advertisement

noddyone2 wrote: »
    I came across a dog in a car a few years ago (hot day, not as hot as now), obviously in distress. I called the Guards, one came on his motorbgike, smashed the side window and lifted the dog out. SO, CALL THE GUARDS.

Fair play to them.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,901 ✭✭✭Mince Pie

Just seen the picture on FB myself and shared. Absolutely shocking. I've been taking my dog out later in the evenings when its cooler and down to the river where she can get in and cool down and even so she is still panting loads to cool down. Can't imagine what it would be like leaving her in a car.

OldNotWIse wrote: »
    Are we allowed to mention company names in this context?

There's a FB thing this morning about a dog walking company that left a dog in a car outside a shopping centre for 90 minutes.

Edit: sorry just saw that y'all got there first lol

I would stay away from doing anything like that. I am not saying that she didnt do it, but there is no proof what so ever that she left the car for 90 mins only the posters word.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,274 ✭✭✭cocker5

I would stay away from doing anything like that. I am not saying that she didnt do it, but there is no proof what so ever that she left the car for 90 mins only the posters word.

Acutally we have her word for it... she posted on Facbook to say it wasnt for 90mins but only :rolleyes: for 60 mins while she was in the gym with her friend...
    and her defence was sure wasnt the car in the shade!

ahhhhh thats ok then :mad:

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,901 ✭✭✭Mince Pie

cocker5 wrote: »
    Acutally we have her word for it... she posted on Facbook to say it wasnt for 90mins but only :rolleyes: for 60 mins while she was in the gym with her friend...
    and her defence was sure wasnt the car in the shade!

ahhhhh thats ok then :mad:

Where was that posted? Could pm the link?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 218 ✭✭carav10

Mmm exactly....not only that, but if there's one thing I think is wrong, is this whole cyber bullying craic because let's face it, that is what it is when people go onto people's facebook and start harassing them via private pms, 'how dare you' comments, text messages, deliberately passing on info that will bring a business down. To be honest, the person who posted up the photo on to social media in the first place will be lucky if she isn't contacted by the business owner's solicitor. I'm not condoning anything here but as stated above, we only have the initial poster's word for it & I'm assuming they took the temperature of inside the car through the open window, but I love the way everyone jumps on the bandwagon and adds the fuel. :rolleyes: There's only one proper way to deal with this if there's a real concern and that is to call the Gardai, posting photos like this all over the place because of someone's own personal opinion is ultimately wrong. My rant over for the day, can you tell I've an issue with cyber bullying....:)

• Registered Users Posts: 27 hieoin

Could someone pm me the link please

• Registered Users Posts: 45 pixiel

Could I get a pm with the link please?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,332 ✭✭✭tatli_lokma

No proof it was 90 mins, true. But the photo is proof she left the dog locked in a car. IMO no amount of time is safe at the moment. Proof of the length of time is irrelevant. All that matters is proof it happened, and the photo is proof of that.

• Advertisement

If you read back. Both the Garda and dspca where called. They could/would do nothing.

As for proof. Yes, it's the Internet and already the times have been mixed up. It was 6pm ish not midday.

There where 4 people all trying to sort out the situation.

I for one would not like to see them out of business but anyone in the dog business knows what they did was wrong.

They have already had posts taken down from other forums and some fb pages. They are well within their rights to have that done.

They could have limited the damage to their reputation by simply saying they know its not right and ensure it will not happen again. They have not done this. They have justified their actions.

I know some will see this as a jump but if another business was to do something that is clearly against standard care then they really should not be expecting anything else other than the out rage that has been shown.

The rage in pm/emails and fb comments are being fueled by their response to the situation.

I personally don't see it as bullying. It's feedback on someone business. Just because their offened does not make them right.

It's a proven fact that dogs in cars in hot weather is not the done thing.

Age old rule of advertising on your van. Don't do something that's clearly wrong? when your livelihood is printed all over the thing.

carav10 wrote: »
    Mmm exactly....not only that, but if there's one thing I think is wrong, is this whole cyber bullying craic because let's face it, that is what it is when people go onto people's facebook and start harassing them via private pms, 'how dare you' comments, text messages, deliberately passing on info that will bring a business down. To be honest, the person who posted up the photo on to social media in the first place will be lucky if she isn't contacted by the business owner's solicitor. I'm not condoning anything here but as stated above, we only have the initial poster's word for it & I'm assuming they took the temperature of inside the car through the open window, but I love the way everyone jumps on the bandwagon and adds the fuel. :rolleyes: There's only one proper way to deal with this if there's a real concern and that is to call the Gardai, posting photos like this all over the place because of someone's own personal opinion is ultimately wrong. My rant over for the day, can you tell I've an issue with cyber bullying....:)

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement