Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Dog left in car

124»

Comments

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 368 ✭✭Morph the Cat

Little Ted wrote: »
    No proof it was 90 mins, true. But the photo is proof she left the dog locked in a car. IMO no amount of time is safe at the moment. Proof of the length of time is irrelevant. All that matters is proof it happened, and the photo is proof of that.

Listen to yourself, FFS.

The photo is proof there was a dog in a car, shaded, with the window down - that's all. Time of day or duration cannot be established. But don't let that stop the lynch mob.

I did share this same post on FB this morning, but then I realised it's irresponsible,. There is no way to confirm this back story is true, and if it's not, you could ruin that girls business. The girl spreading it around <snip> didn't even take the photo. They say she was in the gym for 90mins - I don't believe they saw her go in, then waited for 90 mins for her to come out. Because that's the only way to establish the time frame and duration.
    Also - that dog walker is <snip>. What gym does it look like she's parked outside? None in the locality that I recognise. It looks like an apt block around Clongriffin. For all we know, she nipped into her own house for 2 mins, it's her dog, it's parked in the shade, the window is down, and some d*ck just took a photo and gave it a completely false story. Just saying; we don't know the real story.... so until we do, best not so keep spreading this. Because what if <snip> (or the person who took the photo) is full of sh*t? Her, or anyone else who shares it, could rightly be sued for defamation.

I'm NOT saying it's not true - but you 100% do not know it is - and it's disgusting that you'd propagate this until the facts are clear.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,463 ✭✭✭loveisdivine

Could someone PM the link if they get chance please.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,332 ✭✭✭tatli_lokma

Listen to yourself, FFS.

The photo is proof there was a dog in a car, shaded, with the window down - that's all. Time of day or duration cannot be established. But don't let that stop the lynch mob.

I did share this same post on FB this morning, but then I realised it's irresponsible,. There is no way to confirm this back story is true, and if it's not, you could ruin that girls business. The girl spreading it around <snip> didn't even take the photo. They say she was in the gym for 90mins - I don't believe they saw her go in, then waited for 90 mins for her to come out. Because that's the only way to establish the time frame and duration.
    Also - that dog walker is <snip>. What gym does it look like she's parked outside? None in the locality that I recognise. It looks like an apt block around Clongriffin. For all we know, she nipped into her own house for 2 mins, it's her dog, it's parked in the shade, the window is down, and some d*ck just took a photo and gave it a completely false story. Just saying; we don't know the real story.... so until we do, best not so keep spreading this. Because what if <snip> (or the person who took the photo) is full of sh*t? Her, or anyone else who shares it, could rightly be sued for defamation.

I'm NOT saying it's not true - but you 100% do not know it is - and it's disgusting that you'd propagate this until the facts are clear.

Fact - it has been 24+ degrees over the last few days. Even in the evening it was still hot enough for a dog to be harmed in a car even for a short period of time.
    Fact - leaving a dog in a car for any length of time in hot weather is not recommended. Even in the shade.
    Fact - Leaving a window down when there is no cool air circulating is about as much use as a chocolate teapot.
    Fact - this person makes their living from caring for dogs.

These facts are in play. The only issue is how long she left the dog for and what she was doing during that time. Personally I couldn't give a rats ass where she was or what she was doing or how long it was for. She should not have left an animal locked in a car at all for any length of time in the current conditions. That is the main issue, and I do believe she should be villified for it. People are trusting her to take care of their dogs and she can't even consider the possible damage to her own dog in weather like this?? give me a break, she doesn't deserve to be in business.

Fact - it has been 24+ degrees over the last few days. Even in the evening it was still hot enough for a dog to be harmed in a car even for a short period of time.
    Fact - leaving a dog in a car for any length of time in hot weather is not recommended. Even in the shade.
    Fact - Leaving a window down when there is no cool air circulating is about as much use as a chocolate teapot.
    Fact - this person makes their living from caring for dogs.

These facts are in play. The only issue is how long she left the dog for and what she was doing during that time. Personally I couldn't give a rats ass where she was or what she was doing or how long it was for. She should not have left an animal locked in a car at all for any length of time in the current conditions. That is the main issue, and I do believe she should be villified for it. People are trusting her to take care of their dogs and she can't even consider the possible damage to her own dog in weather like this?? give me a break, she doesn't deserve to be in business.

The issue is 100% about how long it was - what if it was 10 seconds and she just pulled up (with engine still running) to run up to a post box? The fact is - you don't know... and don't seem to care either, because why let facts get in the way of a good outraged rant? You really aren't very smart are you? You don't seem to think before you rant.

For all you know, that photo could have been taken in March and just posted yesterday with a little bullsh*t back-story - you don't know. Everything your rant is based on is hearsay.

The issue is 100% about how long it was - what if it was 10 seconds and she just pulled up (with engine still running) to run up to a post box? The fact is - you don't know...
    and don't seem to care either, because why let facts get in the way of a good outraged rant? You really aren't very smart are you? You don't seem to think before you rant.

Dog shouldn't be left in a car, End of. But you are completely right. It has no officially moved into bullying from what i have heard.

• Advertisement

Dog shouldn't be left in a car, End of.

I agree - fully. But that's not what my point is.
    What if it's her dog and she did just pull up to post a letter? That takes 10 seconds - literally. And who's to say she's not just taking something out of the boot before she takes the dog out for his walk? You cannot know. Chinese whispers + lynch mob mentality = idiots.

The issue is 100% about how long it was - what if it was 10 seconds and she just pulled up (with engine still running) to run up to a post box? The fact is - you don't know... and don't seem to care either, because why let facts get in the way of a good outraged rant? You really aren't very smart are you? You don't seem to think before you rant.

For all you know, that photo could have been taken in March and just posted yesterday with a little bullsh*t back-story - you don't know. Everything your rant is based on is hearsay.

First off, for someone who is complaining about lynch mobs and bullying you might want to reconsider your language.

Second of all, calm down, its hot enough out there without you blowing a gasket.

I doubt the photo was taken in March - the weather conditions are certainly not in keeping with March in that photo.

Second of all, hearsay is based on what you hear from others. My opinion is totally based upon visual photographic evidence of a dog, locked in a car. That is all I am concerned about.

You are really clutching at straws here with your 10 seconds to the post box excuse. You do realise that the dog walker in question posted herself to say that actually she wasn't in the gym for 90 mins but only for an hour! She has not apologised or tried to acknowledge any wrong doing. I might have some sympathy for her if she even said, you know what? hands up, I f*cked up, shouldn't have left the dog. But she still seems to think (and this is from her own posts, not hearsay) that leaving a dog in the car was not a big issue because it was her dog not a clients! And like you she seems oblivious to animal welfare as she also thinks that leaving the car in the shade with the window open was enough to prevent the dog from being in danger.

You need to stop being so quick to defend the undefendable. And you also need to relax a bit, the only person who seems to be 'ranting' here is you.

I doubt the photo was taken in March - the weather conditions are certainly not in keeping with March in that photo
    You don't know that 100% - but again, don't let that stop your rant...
    Second of all, hearsay is based on what you hear from others. My opinion is totally based upon visual photographic evidence of a dog, locked in a car. That is all I am concerned about.
    No - your opinion is based off the back-story which could be made up. The photo gives us limited & potentially flawed information - but again, don't let that stop your rant...
    You are really clutching at straws here with your 10 seconds to the post box excuse.
    I'ts not an "excuse" - it's a possibility - and I never said it was likely - I said that it's possible. As are lots of explanations.
    You do realise that the dog walker in question posted herself to say that actually she wasn't in the gym for 90 mins but only for an hour! She has not apologised or tried to acknowledge any wrong doing.
    Show me these posts - again - HEARSAY. You didn't read these posts yourself because they're private. You HEARD about them.
    I could just as easily say that she sent me a PM on Facebook and told me the photo was taken in March and she was taking a carrier basket out of the boot of her car for 5 seconds to bring the dog to the vet. While she was at the boot, some loony took this photo and made up a story. 20 people were there and can confirm her story. Also I rang the vet and they said it's true too.
    It's easy to make stuff up.
    You need to stop being so quick to defend the undefendable. And you also need to relax a bit, the only person who seems to be 'ranting' here is you.
    This is why I'm saying you're not smart or perceptive - you're saying I'm "defending the undefendable" - it couldn't be any clearer from my posts that I'm not - I'm presenting the possibility that the story attached to that photo could be complete bullsh*t. Just like most crap people share on Facebook without thinking. I'm saying that before jumping the gun and acting like a bunch of lunatics ranting & raving & sharing the post on FB, and e-mailing & phoning this girl; consider the other possibilities. Just consider that maybe, just maybe, the story is not 100% true - and if that turns out to be the case, a lot of people should be ashamed of themselves for behaving like d*cks.

I think your explanation of events is a lot more unlikely.

And again, as to your misuse of the term hearsay, I am entitled to my opinion which I have formed based upon seeing a photograph. A photograph is not hearsay. And based upon the photo I have seen I think this person was in the wrong. Why does it bother you so much that I hold this opinion?

If I saw this same situation occur in March, and the sun was shining I would still hold the same opinion so your nonsense about the month of the year is irrelevant.

And if you use your own logic for a moment, how do you know that I have bullied or defamed this person on FB? I saw the photo on a friends page. I didn't share it as there are already over 5000 shares. I think the point has been made. I have not made comments to her or abused her. I have merely expressed an opinion that leaving a dog in a car in this weather is disgraceful behaviour from anyone let alone a dog walker.

Please stop being so aggressive in your posts because quite frankly you are the only one who looks to me to be acting like a lunatic with your aggressive demeanour.

And calling someone a d*ck isn't polite!

Calm down and stop being so melodramatic!

BTW - I can't show you the posts as it is against boards rules to name this person and the only way I can show you the posts is to do just that. But have a nose around FB and you will find them. Its not hard to find actually.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,596 ✭✭✭anniehoo

Morph the Cat and Little Ted, that's enough now. The thread is being derailed by both of you trying to prove your point so both of you need to calm down.

The topic of the "dog in the car on Facebook" is now over, so I don't want to see anymore comments on it from anyone.

Do not reply to this post or there will be instant "holidays" from this forum doled out.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,816 ✭✭✭unclebill98

That's fair enough. People only have to look it up to establish facts. Mods warning respected. Enjoy the sun.

anniehoo wrote: »
    Morph the Cat and Little Ted, that's enough now. The thread is being derailed by both of you trying to prove your point so both of you need to calm down.

The topic of the "dog in the car on Facebook" is now over, so I don't want to see anymore comments on it from anyone.

Do not reply to this post or there will be instant "holidays" from this forum doled out.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 21,296 ✭✭✭✭gimmick

So I made my first call to the Gardai at lunchtime. A sheepdog (whose name I assume was Shep) was locked in the back of a black car and no windows open. The Garda took all the details, said "no cop on eh!?" and that he would send someone down immediately. As He said that, the owner came back and away they went. But at least the Garda seemed somewhat interested.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,816 ✭✭✭unclebill98

Seems to depend on the Garda you get.
    gimmick wrote: »
    So I made my first call to the Gardai at lunchtime. A sheepdog (whose name I assume was Shep) was locked in the back of a black car and no windows open. The Garda took all the details, said "no cop on eh!?" and that he would send someone down immediately. As He said that, the owner came back and away they went. But at least the Garda seemed somewhat interested.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 14,045 ✭✭✭✭tk123

gimmick wrote: »
    A sheepdog (whose name I assume was Shep)

:D

• Closed Accounts Posts: 224 ✭✭ruthiepie

Can someone PM me a link of the dog in the car too??

Can't believe someone would do something like that in this weather. Crazy!!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,957 ✭✭✭Cherry Blossom

ruthiepie wrote: »
    Can someone PM me a link of the dog in the car too??

Can't believe someone would do something like that in this weather. Crazy!!

Yellow carded for ignoring anniehoo's warning

This is not Facebook and this site is not to be used as an extension of facebook.

Enough is enough, thread locked.

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement