Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Moving out first time, help!!

Options
  • 10-07-2013 12:24pm
    Registered Users Posts: 16

Hey.
    Sorry if there is already a post similar to this.
    Basically my partner and I are looking to find our own place ASAP given circumstances at home. We are both in our early 20's.
    The problem is I am a full-time student and he is an apprentice plumber on a very low wage.
    Our main question is HOW do we go about finding a cheap and cheerful place and if anyone knows are there any financial supports in place that could help us along the way i.e. Supplementary Welfare Allowance, Rent Allowance etc.
    It is paramount that we find a place asap, at this stage we would be happy with a box room as accommodation!!

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 13,237 ✭✭✭✭djimi

Your best bet is to look on Daft and see what is available in your price range. If you are stuck then you might find a room somewhere short term until you can find something better.

You wont get rent allowance until you are in the property 6 months, and you also need to bear in mind that most places will require a months rent and the same again as a deposit up front before they will hand over the keys.

Advertisement