Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

reducing overdraft limit

Options
  • 10-07-2013 12:32pm
    Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators, Regional South Moderators Posts: 9,367 Mod ✭✭✭✭

I've just paid off my overdraft as I sold my car, so I'm thinking of reducing my current overdraft limit as its quite high and I want to be more disciplined and not have such a high od limit anymore.
    Do I have to reapply for an OD at a lower limit or will they just reduce it for me at my request.

I'm a bit nervous that they wouldn't agree to an OD anymore and cancel it altogether, but its my safety net and I don't want to be without it.

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 24,924 ✭✭✭✭BuffyBot

Normally it can be reduced on request - but each bank will have different criteria, so you will have to ask.

• Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators, Regional South Moderators Posts: 9,367 Mod ✭✭✭✭Ciarrai76

BuffyBot wrote: »
    Normally it can be reduced on request - but each bank will have different criteria, so you will have to ask.

went in today and the lady I spoke to was really helpful. She did it all online for me and said I'd hear in a couple of days. She didn't see any reason why it would be refused or withdrawn.
    Must say there are a couple of really nice & helpful staff members in the Tralee branch, From the ones I've dealt with recently anyway. They must have to put up with so much cra*p from people, so its nice to compliment those who still work in there with a smile on their face :)

Advertisement