Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

'8 Out of 10 Cats Does Countdown' gets full series..

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 18,503 ✭✭✭✭Also Starring LeVar Burton

Basq wrote: »
    "EXGONADS"

Amazing! :D

Really enjoyed that tonight.
    I thought Jon was great tonight with his 9 letter words... :D

• Closed Accounts Posts: 6,720 ✭✭✭Sir Arthur Daley

Rachel was looking well tonight.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 18,503 ✭✭✭✭Also Starring LeVar Burton

WikiHow wrote: »
    Rachel was looking well tonight.

As opposed to?

She looks great all the time

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,384 ✭✭✭baldshin

Can't believe Jon didn't spot sexigonad as the 9 letter word!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,133 ✭✭✭Patty O Furniture

Finally Sean Locke wins a show, Jon was trying too hard on the 9 letter shows.

Daire was funny, 4G EE, nuff said ;)

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 3,963 ✭✭✭Meangadh

Loved the show- Sean Locke already said in an interview that he doesn't actually really like doing the show because Jon always wins so it's kind of pointless!

I miss the normal show sometimes but either way it's always good craic.

It's back again tonight for another run of episodes.
    Christ if you're not paying attention to the Channel 4 schedule regularly you wouldn't know whether it was coming or going.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 44,036 ✭✭✭✭Basq

^ Yep, only reason I knew it was back was because '8 Out Of 10 Cats' was back for a new series on Monday, and Jimmy Carr mentioned it at the end.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 25,005 ✭✭✭✭Toto Wolfcastle

I was using the Sky+ app to record The Last Leg and I noticed it was on. Weird that it's so broken up.

It really is blink and you'll miss it.
    I don't really follow the regular 8 Out of 10 Cats anymore, although I used to back in it's early years - I probably should get into it again.

• Advertisement

I don't really follow the regular 8 Out of 10 Cats anymore, although I used to back in it's early years - I probably should get into it again.
    I honestly think Sean Lock & Jon Richardson are two best team captains they've had.. so well worth checking out!

I honestly think Sean Lock & Jon Richardson are two best team captains they've had.. so well worth checking out!

It's just one of the shows that fell by the wayside a couple of years ago because of where I was living (didn't have a TV) and had been having problems with 4oD at the time. Might start watching the current season now that I've got access to Sky+ again.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 9,622 ✭✭✭Ruu

Caught up with this over the last few months, the regular show and countdown episodes. Joe Wilkinson is a great PA, some hilarious stuff!

I knew they were making digestives bigger.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,855 ✭✭✭The Wild Bunch

Gone off the blonde ever since I found out who she supported

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 7,771 ✭✭✭michael999999

Gone off the blonde ever since I found out who she supported

I would never get off her.

Never i tells you!

I would never get off her.

Never i tells you!

I would still destroy it

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,505 ✭✭✭ElNino

I am really enjoying the series although it is a bit annoying how Jon is deliberately messing up the word games to allow Sean to be competitive.

Rachel really killed Jimmy in the last show when he was having a go saying at her saying what is the point in doing mathematics and she replied that it is good for doing sums and taxes!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 31,948 ✭✭✭✭Mars Bar

I remember the episode they did right after Jimmy's tax fraud came out. It's the best episode of the whole series IMO. Jimmy takes it like a champ, to be fair to him.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,704 ✭✭✭Schwiiing

Mars Bar wrote: »
    I remember the episode they did right after Jimmy's tax fraud came out. It's the best episode of the whole series IMO. Jimmy takes it like a champ, to be fair to him.

'We all like to put some money away for a rainy day, but you seem better prepared than Noah'.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 31,948 ✭✭✭✭Mars Bar

"On the plus side, at least you’ve been in a top five list of something."

Either I'm in a ridiculously good mood this evening, or that was the best one yet.

My face hurts from laughing.

The alternative 30-song second song was hilarious!

Only downside is I'm a big fan of Peter Serafinowicz but 'abdicates' got old quick.

Shame it's over now, for another few months anyways (presumably).

Only downside is I'm a big fan of Peter Serafinowicz but 'abdicates' got old quick.

Shame it's over now, for another few months anyways (presumably).

Who knows, could be back in a few weeks.

Hope so.. but seeing how the regular '8 Out Of 10 Cats' is back for a new series and Carr is starting his new tour in a new weeks - there's be less available time to film I'd say.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,963 ✭✭✭Meangadh

Yeah Jon Richardson is also going on a pretty extensive UK and Ireland tour so won't be much filming done.

I really want to know what that music was Sean had, was stuck in my head all day today! Hilarious!

The show never fails to put a smile on my face.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,793 ✭✭✭FunLover18

Any idea what it was?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,133 ✭✭✭Patty O Furniture

Mars Bar wrote: »

I have that on my sky+ box, its hilarious to watch when nothing else on, you could see straight away his demeanour when walking on & saying:

'Welcome to 8 out of 10 Cats a show about opinion polls, surveys, statistics & this week, i'm guessing ME' :D

Season 12x01 is on Challenge tv Thurs@11pm, as current one is S17th
    Who knows, could be back in a few weeks.
    Aah, that's a shame, i liked those shows, especially Rachel's assistant Joe.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,066 ✭✭✭Sandwlch

Joe.

He doesnt contribute much but everyone loves a bit of eye candy.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 265 ✭✭bluesfan

FunLover18 wrote: »
    Any idea what it was?

It sounded like a remix of "Whiskey in the Jar" to me. At least the opening of it anyway.

Seems to be back this Friday.

Info on guests here.

It's Jonathan Ross and Roisin Conaty this week.

Seems to be back this Friday.

Info on guests here.

It's Jonathan Ross and Roisin Conaty this week.

Urgh, I hate Ross

Looking forward to it, hopefully Rachel will have her lovely assistant, Joe, to help her out. :)

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,211 ✭✭✭Owen_S

Ruubot2 wrote: »
    Looking forward to it, hopefully Rachel will have her lovely assistant, Joe, to help her out. :)

Joe Wilkinson literally ruins the show.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 17,968 ✭✭✭✭Thargor

He's brutal, funny once maybe but how many times has he done the same piece now? Needs more Rachel and better dictionary corner guests.

• Advertisement

It depends on what he does. Sometimes he's hilarious and sometimes it just doesn't work. I watched him with Rachel on 24 Hours To Go Broke during the week and he came across so differently. He was nearly sulking the whole time.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,414 ✭✭✭Awkward Badger

Owen_S wrote: »
    Joe Wilkinson literally ruins the show.

I'd strongly disagree.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,903 ✭✭✭micar

Urgh, I hate Ross

I;m the same but he was not his usually bad self.

Always love this show.

Roisin and the numbers round was hysterical.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,655 ✭✭✭1966

Have been a massive fan of this show but feel, after tonight, that ........... it may have run its course ???????

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 12,840 ✭✭✭✭Dtp1979

I think susie dent is a stunner!!

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 2,584 ✭✭✭skeleton_boy

1966 wrote: »
    Have been a massive fan of this show but feel, after tonight, that ........... it may have run its course ???????

Agree with this. Loved nearly every episode they've done so far but it felt like they weren't even trying to be funny in this episode. Not willing to right it off just yet. Freddy Flintoff on next week so looking forward to that.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,414 ✭✭✭Awkward Badger

Thought it was pretty well in line with most previous shows.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 147 ✭✭houseplant

Very poor show this time I thought. I hope it picks up for next week.

How was DAT ASS looking?

Sean Lock is absolutely sick of it at this stage I'd say. I know it's a comedy version of Countdown but it must be very frustrating knowing that every week you're going to lose by a long way.

David O'Doherty was great last night.

micar wrote: »
    I;m the same but he was not his usually bad self.

Always love this show.

Roisin and the numbers round was hysterical.

I agree he wasn't terrible.

I am getting tired of Joe Wilkinson, he's a bit like that drunk lad who always arrives let for the party and tries to steal all the attention. Sometimes it works sometimes it doesn't. And more often than not these days it doesn't for me

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,753 ✭✭✭comongethappy

I agree he wasn't terrible.

I am getting tired of Joe Wilkinson, he's a bit like that drunk lad who always arrives let for the party and tries to steal all the attention. Sometimes it works sometimes it doesn't. And more often than not these days it doesn't for me

I seen him on 'have I got news for you' last week & he was very funny.

On this show though the hits are getting few & far between.

What was it Ross asked Sean, something about his numbers game better than the letters round (or vice versa). Sean replied with something like "it's like stepping in dog shit or cow shit..." :D

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 17,968 ✭✭✭✭Thargor

Watched half of this last night and turned it off to watch something else, they were all just going through the motions, I was bored before the end of the ridiculously long introductions at the start tbh.

To be fair to the regular crew on Cats Does Countdown, poor guests can typically mean a poor show.

Ross has not been funny for a long time.

Roisin Conaty was just awful... I'm not a massive fan of female comedians but compared to the likes of fellow Irish female (and often funny IMO) comedian Aisling Bea, she was just dreadful.

Next week is Freddie Flintoff who can be a quite funny bloke (as seen on ALOTO), the excellent Rhod Gilbert and the very funny Henning Wehn (OK.. so his humour is typically strict uber-German rants, but he can be quite funny).

One dud episode does not mean the show has run it's course..

• Advertisement
Advertisement