Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

'8 Out of 10 Cats Does Countdown' gets full series..

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 10,325 ✭✭✭✭Dozen Wicked Words

Greg Davies is brilliant, Man Down starts new series on Monday. Loved the last series.

Greg Davies doing Chris Eubank impression...almost wet myself. Brilliant

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 31,954 ✭✭✭✭Mars Bar

• Closed Accounts Posts: 10,325 ✭✭✭✭Dozen Wicked Words

Will Katherine Ryan actually be funny tonight or sit there with a face like a slapped arse as usual. Always looks like she is doing a show a favour being there, as unfunny a comedian as I've seen recently. Not a fan (in case I was being too subtle). Rob Beckett is usually pretty funny though, so not a write off.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 44,054 ✭✭✭✭Basq

She's terrible... Rob Beckett ain't bad alright, though the "big teeth" schtick is wearing thin!

Good news though Greg Davies fans, he's a panelist on Jon's team on Friday's episode - along with the very under-rated Miles Jupp (as below) on Sean's team... with the obligatory unfunny female comedian Holly Walsh in Dictionary corner.

Also, his Postman Pat comment on 8 Out Of 10 Cats was only made funnier with Danny Dyer's remark:

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 18,503 ✭✭✭✭Also Starring LeVar Burton

Greg Davies will be back again this week, this time playing on one of the teams.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 9,622 ✭✭✭Ruu

Really enjoy Miles Jupp, he was on Mock the Week a few times last series.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 17,981 ✭✭✭✭Thargor

Didnt think Greg Davies was that funny at all, very contrived setups to his little bits, I didnt know people rated him as a comedian, think I only ever laughed at him in Inbetweeners. I jumped back into this after the good reviews here and on Digitalspy of his ep but nah, same auld sh1te, wont be bothering with any more of these. Rachel Riley has to be the best looking woman on tv at the minute though.

Has Joe Wilkinson finally ****ed off?

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 9,822 ✭✭✭lertsnim

Mars Bar wrote: »
    Has Joe Wilkinson finally ****ed off?

Hopefully. His appearances really put a dampener on the show.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,508 ✭✭✭ShazGV

I found Joe very hit & miss. Some nights he was hilarious, some nights he just slowed the show down.

Didn't make me feel very good watching Sean eat all those whelks! :/

Not enough Miles Jupp, was fairly quiet.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,812 ✭✭✭Addle

Ruu wrote: »

Not enough Miles Jupp, was fairly quiet.

He always seems to enjoy himself anyways.

Just watching this now on More4. Rachel Riley crushing on Bill Bailey is fabulous.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 7,812 ✭✭✭thelad95

I'm so glad Joe Wilkinson is gone. He added nothing to the show. In saying that, I'd love to see him as a guest in dictionary corner.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 73,499 ✭✭✭✭colm_mcm

Glad to see Joe wilkinson gone, they all seem to think he's hilarious, and while occasionally he is - he's mostly annoying.

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 1,395 ✭✭✭nc19

Will Katherine Ryan actually be funny tonight or sit there with a face like a slapped arse as usual. Always looks like she is doing a show a favour being there, as unfunny a comedian as I've seen recently. Not a fan (in case I was being too subtle). Rob Beckett is usually pretty funny though, so not a write off.

Couple of redeeming features though...

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 18,503 ✭✭✭✭Also Starring LeVar Burton

Was pretty crap tonight - I don't really get the appeal of Alex Horne and his troop, and with Jon not there this week I wasn't expecting it to be good. Vic Reeves and Sara Pascoe aren't the most entertaining guests either.

Credit where credit is due though, that last part with the 9-letter and the conundrum from Lee was very good.

Dont think that picnic hamper was meant to stop like that. :) Looks like Lee Mack is there next week as well.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,785 ✭✭✭jcsoulinger

Really love this show and recent episodes have been really good, Greg Davies being a highlight but last nights episode was fairly tame in comparison.

Am I the only one who wonders how Sara Pascoe is a comedian? And she's been on twice in the last few weeks.

• Advertisement

Fridays line-up has Sean Locke joined by Seann Walsh, who is a regular captain on E4 panel quizshow Virtually Famous...

Jon Richardson is still away unfortunately, but this week's guest captain is someone else who's been missing all season, Joe Wilkinson, who will be joined by EastEnd Geezer, Danny Dyer...

And rounding off the crew is Bill Bailey in Dictionary Corner...

Has the makings of a decent episode. Joe Wilkinson is definitely the weak link, but when he's on form he is great and will be interesting to see him actually play the game for a change.

David O Doherty's "Short Legs" song was the highlight in the most recent episode..

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,669 ✭✭✭Whatsisname

Basq wrote: »
    David O Doherty's "Short Legs" song was the highlight in the most recent episode..

Him doing the "higher or lower?" for the numbers round was hilarious.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 17,981 ✭✭✭✭Thargor

Oh God I dont think Ill be able to take a whole ep of Joe Wilkinson. Wonder if Paddy Power will give me odds on him giving a word that has nothing to do with the letters on the board? :rolleyes:

• Registered Users Posts: 13,844 ✭✭✭✭somesoldiers

Thargor wrote: »
    Oh God I dont think Ill be able to take a whole ep of Joe Wilkinson. Wonder if Paddy Power will give me odds on him giving a word that has nothing to do with the letters on the board? :rolleyes:

I stopped watching this because he just annoyed me with his "hilarious" antics every week, it looked like Rachel was fed up with him too very early on. is it save to get back in to it yet or is he worse as a team member?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 9,822 ✭✭✭lertsnim

He can't be worse than Sarah "I have a boyfriend" Millican. I found myself turning off before the end the last two weeks.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,669 ✭✭✭Whatsisname

Looking forward to seeing Danny Dyer on again, he was great the last time. When is Jon Richardson back? and where is he anyway?

Looking forward to seeing Danny Dyer on again, he was great the last time. When is Jon Richardson back? and where is he anyway?

I think he is on his honeymoon.

Google says he went on honeymoon in April so maybe not.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 25,005 ✭✭✭✭Toto Wolfcastle

All those shows were probably recorded around the same time so he possibly was on his honeymoon.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 7,113 ✭✭✭the whole year inn

Thargor wrote: »

Everyone on the show does that at one time or another,John Richardson does it every round.

I like Joe,nice to see what he can do from the other side of table.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 3,006 ✭✭✭_Tombstone_

Great show ruined by sh1t guests...nearly every week.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 21,444 ✭✭✭✭Skid X

When the writers thought "let's get Jimmy to do a little sketch for 30 seconds while the contestants are playing the game", I wonder if they realised the show would still be going after 41 episodes!

It must be getting harder to come up with ideas, there must have been hundreds of those fimed by now. A bit like The Simpsons couch gags.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,812 ✭✭✭Addle

Skid X wrote: »
    When the writers thought "let's get Jimmy to do a little sketch for 30 seconds while the contestants are playing the game", I wonder if they realised the show would still be going after 41 episodes!

It must be getting harder to come up with ideas, there must have been hundreds of those fimed by now. A bit like The Simpsons couch gags.
    I don't think it'd be any loss if they were ditched.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 9,807 ✭✭✭take everything

Sean Lock is one of the most naturally funny comedians out there. He's one comedian I'd love to have a few drinks with.

• Registered Users Posts: 16,305 ✭✭✭✭Mr.Prodston

Sean Lock is one of the most naturally funny comedians out there. He's one comedian I'd love to have a few drinks with.

You get by without Jon Richardson but without Sean Lock it wouldn't work. I absolutely love him.

I was on the verge of tears of laughter a few weeks back when he was eating the whelks. Sure they probably planned it but I laughed so much.

You get by without Jon Richardson but without Sean Lock it wouldn't work. I absolutely love him.

I was on the verge of tears of laughter a few weeks back when he was eating the whelks. Sure they probably planned it but I laughed so much.

One of the reasons I love him is the understated intelligence that underlies his humour.
    And his flights of whimsy can be inspired.

Skid X wrote: »

I find them distracting when I'm trying to come up with a word...

Was reading the thread wondering why all the hate for Joe Wilkinson thinking ye were talkin about Jon Richardson (confused the two names).
    Jon's great.
    I agree Joe Wilkinson can be very hit and miss. And very different pace to his segments.
    I can see why he isn't missed.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 35,514 ✭✭✭✭efb

Wilkinson on tonight urgh

• Advertisement

Have to say I'm really missing the normal 8 Out Of 10 Cats now..

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 21,444 ✭✭✭✭Skid X

I really enjoyed it last night. Danny Dyer is good value every time he is on.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,648 ✭✭✭honeybear

Just saw Danny on the show-seriously cute!!!

Love Danny dyer...
    This is my fave Danny dyer vid when he was on big fat quiz of the year

http://youtu.be/eTj5C_owTFk

• Closed Accounts Posts: 35,514 ✭✭✭✭efb

It wasn't that bad. Delighted the two Sean's and turty tree and a turd won!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,006 ✭✭✭_Tombstone_

They should replace Richardson with Dyer.

• Advertisement

Looks like Jon Richardson won't be on the rest of the series according to Wikipedia anyway.

• Registered Users Posts: 7,537 ✭✭✭KKkitty

Ruu wrote: »
    Looks like Jon Richardson won't be on the rest of the series according to Wikipedia anyway.

The honeymoon period is lasting a long time with him :D I kinda miss him on it though.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 20,397 ✭✭✭✭FreudianSlippers

KKkitty wrote: »
    The honeymoon period is lasting a long time with him :D I kinda miss him on it though.
    He doesn't have much of a social media presence, so it's hard to tell what's going on, but it doesn't seem like he is on tour or doing, well... anything at the moment.

He got married at the end of April, he's hardly sill on honeymoon!?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 25,005 ✭✭✭✭Toto Wolfcastle

He probably was when it was being filmed though.

Celebrity 15 to 1 has shown 4 shows already but they have 4 more to show that were recorded at the same time. The episode of Pointless I went to in May last year was shown for the first time a couple of weeks ago.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 20,397 ✭✭✭✭FreudianSlippers

He probably was when it was being filmed though.

Celebrity 15 to 1 has shown 4 shows already but they have 4 more to show that were recorded at the same time. The episode of Pointless I went to in May last year was shown for the first time a couple of weeks ago.
    Yep, I just got the impression from Rachel's twitter that there wasn't too large of a gap between filming and airing on catsdown.

• Advertisement
Advertisement