Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Sliding wardrobes

Options
  • 10-07-2013 1:26pm
    Registered Users Posts: 1,185 ✭✭✭

Hi Guys,

Just moved into a new (old) house and planning to replace their built in wardrobes with sliding wardrobes (not sure yet if going with a new carcass or just replacing the door)

Sliderobes seem very expensive and maybe you just pay for the name?

Tegre were well priced but I wasnt convinced of the quality- plus they dont do soft close so the door just bounces back.

Skon are pricier again- having someone come for a consultation next week.

Gliderobes gave a decent quote but they have no showroom- so hard to judge.

Just wondering if anyone has feedback/ recommendations?

Thanks!

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 17,324 ✭✭✭✭Cathmandooo

I used Komandor
    http://www.komandor.ie/

They were about a third of the price of Sliderobes, I do think you're just paying for the name.

They did a great job designing a wardrobe around a chimney brest, and the installation lads were in and out in no time and very tidy, would go back to them no problem.

If you're on a tight budget you could try Ikea?

• Registered Users Posts: 1,341 ✭✭✭miezekatze

Yep, the Ikea ones don't seem bad actually, friends of mine have those and are very happy with them.

Just a note.. don't know if you have pets, but the sliding doors can a bit of a nuisance if you have a cat or dog. They can easily push them open and I keep getting cat hair all over my clothes before I've even put them on! :)

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 21,634 ✭✭✭✭Richard Dower

miezekatze wrote: »
    Yep, the Ikea ones don't seem bad actually, friends of mine have those and are very happy with them.

Just a note.. don't know if you have pets, but the sliding doors can a bit of a nuisance if you have a cat or dog. They can easily push them open and I keep getting cat hair all over my clothes before I've even put them on! :)

sure cats will always find the best place to have a kip ;)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 16,705 ✭✭✭✭Tigger

tegree and kommander are the same quality but tegree are cheaper
    sliderobes are overpriced
    can tegree not add soft close?

• Registered Users Posts: 2,477 ✭✭✭newbie2

I can only comment on Sliderobes as that's what I got. Got them installed ten years ago and we've never had any issues with them. They still slide like a dream and all the bespoke shelves/units are still in tip/top condition.

Freinds got the IKEA ones intalled last month - I haven't seen them and I'm not sure how they'll last but they seem happy with them so far.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 8,061 ✭✭✭Uriel.

I got mine about 3 years ago in Town and Country in Glasnevin, D11 - http://www.townandcountrykitchens.ie/sliding-wardrobes/

They were essentially custom built for me as you can decide the interiors, the colour schemes, the material, etc... They'll do up 3D scans and artists impressions of the whole thing too which is great.

I am extremely happy with them and the price was pretty good as well.

At the time I looked at IKEA, decided not to go with them in the end. It is worth having a look at the IKEA range though to see if they suit your need. They have plenty of ones made up and on display.

IKEA are a lot cheaper, even against Town and Country. But I don't believe the quality is as good though. I'd be particularly fearful of the sliders going etc.. but to be honest, it comes down to your need. I have plenty of IKEA furniture in the house that suited particular needs at the time.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 13,420 ✭✭✭✭athtrasna

Both my sisters have IKEA sliding wardrobes in their houses and love them. No quality complaints yet 2/3 years on.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 139 ✭✭cuilteanna

newbie2 wrote: »
    I can only comment on Sliderobes as that's what I got. Got them installed ten years ago and we've never had any issues with them. They still slide like a dream and all the bespoke shelves/units are still in tip/top condition.

Had mine 17 years now, still perfect.

• Registered Users Posts: 1 amanda1012

Anyone use Skon design wardrobes ? Im looking for fitted wardrobes and need someone else to put it all together. Does Ikea do fitted wardrobes ?
    thanks

• Closed Accounts Posts: 13,420 ✭✭✭✭athtrasna

Welcome to Boards Amanda1012. Try the Interior Design & Decoration forum http://www.boards.ie/vbulletin/forumdisplay.php?f=1043 for answers to this query, it's a more appropriate forum. Thanks!

• Advertisement
This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement