Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Abortion Discussion

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 26,578 ✭✭✭✭Turtwig

Sierra 117 wrote: »
    But that road is all slippery and will lead to forced abortions!

Nobody's forcing people to drive on the road, silly.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,246 ✭✭✭iwantmydinner

Davelarson wrote: »
    Its not up to me to prove or disprove religion. But I'd like to know why the poster above feels its ok to dismiss Christianity as 'a load of old fairy tales'? Mod: Well you're not going to get to know that in this specific thread.

I oppose abortion (except in some cases) not on religious but moral grounds. I believe the unborn child has a right to life.

Would you vote against making abortion safe, accessible abd legal, if the opportunity arose?

If so, I'd like to know why you feel it's ok to impose your beliefs on abortion on women you don't know, in circumstances you'll never be able to relate to?

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 213 ✭✭Davelarson

Would you vote against making abortion safe, accessible abd legal, if the opportunity arose?

If so, I'd like to know why you feel it's ok to impose your beliefs on abortion on women you don't know, in circumstances you'll never be able to relate to?

I believe the right to life trumps the right to choose. I believe abortion should be allowed in cases of rape and where there is a risk to the mothers life.

• Registered Users Posts: 12,644 ✭✭✭✭lazygal

I believe the right to life trumps the right to chose. I believe abortion should be allowed in cases of rape and where there is a risk to the mothers life.

What level of risk? Why is an unborn child conceived through rape not deserving of life?

lazygal wrote: »
    What level of risk? Why is an unborn child conceived through rape not deserving of life?

If there is a chance the mother will die. I don't believe a women who has been raped should have to give birth.

• Advertisement

I believe the right to life trumps the right to choose. I believe abortion should be allowed in cases of rape and where there is a risk to the mothers life.

But my question didn't ask you what your beliefs are; I asked why you feel you should impose your personal beliefs on women in crisis pregnancies?

Also +1 to lazygal's questions

If there is a chance the mother will die. I don't believe a women who has been raped should have to give birth.

Every pregnancy carries a risk of death. My first child was in a position that could have been fatal to me and her, but a c section meant we were safe. If I didn't want to have a c section, could I have had an abortion?

Why does an "unborn child's" circumstances of conception dictate whether an abortion can be procured, why doesn't its right to life prevail?

But my question didn't ask you what your beliefs are; I asked why you feel you should impose your personal beliefs on women in crisis pregnancies?

Also +1 to lazygal's questions

I'm expressing my opinions on the matter. I'm entitled to disagree with you, believe it or not.

I don't believe a women who has been raped should have to give birth.

What about a woman whose health will be compromised for the rest of her life by continuing with the pregnancy?

What about a woman whose health will be compromised for the rest of her life by continuing with the pregnancy?

It's difficult but I can't condone killing children.

• Advertisement

I'm expressing my opinions on the matter. I'm entitled to disagree with you, believe it or not.

Uh, I get it. But you're expressing them on this thread, where questioning on your opinions is inevitable.

Except when they're conceived through rape. Why? Would you endanger your life to save a foetus?

• Registered Users Posts: 16,164 ✭✭✭✭Pherekydes

It seems you can condone killing some children.

I can't condone forcing injury on women through pregnancies that will damage them and which they wish to terminate.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,940 ✭✭✭Corkfeen

What about in the case where there's a fatal foetal abnormality? Would you expect to force a woman to carry that child to term?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,232 ✭✭✭Brian Shanahan

But abortion is not killing children. Foetus=/=Child.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,034 ✭✭✭mbiking123

But abortion is not killing children. Foetus=/=Child.

'The baby born to a brain-dead mother: Foetus survives from 15 to 27 weeks while mother is on life-support before being delivered by C-section

Read more: http://www.dailymail.co.uk/health/article-2506281/Baby-born-brain-dead-mother-foetus-survives-15-27-weeks.html#ixzz2kkceaCdL
    Follow us: @MailOnline on Twitter | DailyMail on Facebook'

The doctors obviously though the foetus was important enough

Turning off the machine would have killed the baby

• Moderators Posts: 51,784 ✭✭✭✭Delirium

mbiking123 wrote: »
    'The baby born to a brain-dead mother: Foetus survives from 15 to 27 weeks while mother is on life-support before being delivered by C-section

Read more: http://www.dailymail.co.uk/health/article-2506281/Baby-born-brain-dead-mother-foetus-survives-15-27-weeks.html#ixzz2kkceaCdL

Posting a story that is a stark example of what some pro-choice people have a problem with (reducing a woman to an incubator) really isn't going to help your argument.

If you can read this, you're too close!

• Registered Users Posts: 11,932 ✭✭✭✭PopePalpatine

Neither is using the Daily Mail.

• Registered Users Posts: 19,218 ✭✭✭✭Bannasidhe

Which brings us back to this question you have avoided answering:
    Why was it ok to turn off the life support machine? Was the mother not a person deserving of life too?

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 3,232 ✭✭✭Brian Shanahan

I don't read papers that support the NSDAP for a reason.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,741 ✭✭✭Piliger

It's not just the doctors surely. The mother's rights were not being infringed. So the logic of any kind of morality would be to keep her alive as long as possible to give the foetus the best chance of surviving,

Bannasidhe wrote: »
    Why was it ok to turn off the life support machine? Was the mother not a person deserving of life too?

it was turned off, it was only kept on for the baby

If there was a chance she would live it would be kept on

• Registered Users Posts: 19,218 ✭✭✭✭Bannasidhe

Not what I asked.

Why is it ok to turn the machine off in the first place?

If there's no chance of a foetus living outside the life support of the womb should abortion be an option?

If there's no chance of a foetus living outside the life support of the womb should abortion be an option?

like this ?

'I was told to abort my healthy baby': Mother, 38, sues hospital after 'brain dead' son was born kicking and breathing

Read more: http://www.dailymail.co.uk/health/article-2409819/Mother-Sarah-Hagan-sues-hospital-brain-dead-son-born-kicking-breathing.html#ixzz2kl157TR4

like this ?

'I was told to abort my healthy baby': Mother, 38, sues hospital after 'brain dead' son was born kicking and breathing

Read more: http://www.dailymail.co.uk/health/article-2409819/Mother-Sarah-Hagan-sues-hospital-brain-dead-son-born-kicking-breathing.html#ixzz2kl157TR4

Daily Mail? Srsly?
    If a foetus has no brain should abortion be an option?

Daily Mail? Srsly?
    If a foetus has no brain should abortion be an option?

'Fear hundreds of pregnant mums may have been advised to abort healthy babies in scanning blunders'

http://www.mirror.co.uk/news/uk-news/university-hospital-wales-scare-fear-2666915#ixzz2kl2EkjwJ

'Fear hundreds of pregnant mums may have been advised to abort healthy babies in scanning blunders'

http://www.mirror.co.uk/news/uk-news/university-hospital-wales-scare-fear-2666915#ixzz2kl2EkjwJ

If a foetus has no brain, which is obvious in the most basic scan,should abortion be allowed? Why are you "answering" with links to tabloid scaremongering?

• Advertisement

If a foetus has no brain, which is obvious in the most basic scan,should abortion be allowed? Why are you "answering" with links to tabloid scaremongering?

no scaremongering. truth - You want to play God

How do you know for 100% sure the child will not survive

one mistake is too many

read the links, whatever about lying to me don't lie to yourself

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement