Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Abortion Discussion

Options

Comments

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 9,441 ✭✭✭old hippy

Davelarson wrote: »
    It's a meme. I know atheism is important to you guys but sometimes you really do come across as edgy teenagers.

Which has what to do with abortion, Dave?

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 213 ✭✭Davelarson

:confused:

What meme are you on about??

Google 'In this moment I am euphoric'.

• Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 24,417 Mod ✭✭✭✭robindch

old hippy wrote: »
    mbiking123 wrote: »
    The Bible itself says bla bla bla bla bla bla bs bs bsbla bla bla bla bla bla bs bs bs bla bla bla bla bla bla bs bs bsbla bla bla bla bla bla bs bs bsbla bla bla bla bla bla bs bs bsbla bla bla bla bla bla bs bs bs bla bla bla bla bla bla bs bs bsbla bla bla bla bla bla bs bs bs bla bla bla bla bla bla bs bs bsbla bla bla bla bla bla bs bs bs bla bla bla bla bla bla bs bs bsbla bla bla bla bla bla bs bs bs bla bla bla bla bla bla bs bs bsbla bla bla bla bla bla bs bs bs bla bla bla bla bla bla bs bs bsbla bla bla bla bla bla bs bs bs To appreciate the extent to which the various portions of the Bible are harmoniously intertwined, you must read and study it personally.
    So, you're not going to answer my question then?
    281178.jpg

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 9,441 ✭✭✭old hippy

With your particular agenda, I think I'll pass on that, Dave.

Which has what to do with abortion, Dave?

Nothing, but we can still be friends and have a laugh right?

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 3,246 ✭✭✭iwantmydinner

Yeah, that's not happening.

Do you have an actual point to make?

Yeah, that's not happening.

Do you have an actual point to make?

Whats the best way to clean a fedora?

Dave - A+A is a discussion forum, not a bitbucket for random postings.

With your particular agenda, I think I'll pass on that, Dave.

You should look up the meme, it's a funny send up of the more pompous atheists out there.

• Moderators, Technology & Internet Moderators, Regional South East Moderators Posts: 28,493 Mod ✭✭✭✭Cabaal

You should look up the meme, it's a funny send up of the more pompous atheists out there.

So you've nothing actually constructive to add here then?

• Advertisement

Cabaal wrote: »
    So you've nothing actually constructive to add here then?

I just think some of you guys should aware of how you come across: edgy teenagers posting from your mom's basement, that's all.

• Moderators, Technology & Internet Moderators, Regional South East Moderators Posts: 28,493 Mod ✭✭✭✭Cabaal

I just think some of you guys should aware of how you come across: edgy teenagers posting from your mom's basement, that's all.

and your suggestion is to ask people to google some meme?
    You think this makes you seem grown up?

Clearly you've nothing constructive to add to this discussion, this likely shows how much you care about women's ability to control their own body in rape or incest cases.

Also being overweight and having poor hygiene.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,741 ✭✭✭Piliger

I sympathise with Dave - it would be nice to have a rational discussion about abortion and the principles people bring to it of when life begins, how an atheist view contributes to the decision, and how competing rights between a woman and foetus can be resolved. I haven't seen anything rational for about ten pages or more, which is not much of an advert of the supposed rational thinking of us atheists imho.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,630 ✭✭✭gaynorvader

Why's it funny? Dude sounds happy.

Dave - this is your final warning. Any more content-free postings will result in cards, bans, that kind of thing.

• Registered Users Posts: 19,218 ✭✭✭✭Bannasidhe

Piliger wrote: »
    I sympathise with Dave - it would be nice to have a rational discussion about abortion and the principles people bring to it of when life begins, how an atheist view contributes to the decision, and how competing rights between a woman and foetus can be resolved. I haven't seen anything rational for about ten pages or more, which is not much of an advert of the supposed rational thinking of us atheists imho.

We did rational.
    Over and over and over again.

Sometimes people just get fed up of repeating themselves over and over and over again.

• Registered Users Posts: 26,578 ✭✭✭✭Turtwig

robindch wrote: »
    Dave - this is your final warning. Any more content-free postings will result in cards, bans, that kind of thing.

You mean we're not going to eat him? Buuttt I'm starving!:mad:
    *tromps off muttering words about Robin*

• Registered Users Posts: 6,741 ✭✭✭Piliger

Bannasidhe wrote: »
    We did rational.
    Over and over and over again.

Sometimes people just get fed up of repeating themselves over and over and over again.

Then why keep doing it ? Why not stop ? Why not end the thread ? Or if people are just tr0lling, which it sounds very much like it to me .. then action should be taken. Lord knows I have been sanctioned MANy times for far less !

If this is a forum for Atheists, then surely Atheists should be able to discuss a relevant topic ?

If this is a forum for Atheists, then surely Atheists should be able to discuss a relevant topic ?
    A+A is a forum for discussing items related to atheism and agnosticism, with healthy sidelines in science, humor, pizzas and biscuits. It's not "for" any group or groups of individuals.

• Advertisement

Then why keep doing it ? Why not stop ? Why not end the thread ? Or if people are just tr0lling, which it sounds very much like it to me .. then action should be taken. Lord knows I have been sanctioned MANy times for far less !

All work and no play would make us very dull indeed.

• Registered Users Posts: 17,569 ✭✭✭✭Mr. CooL ICE

I've been awared

• Closed Accounts Posts: 31,967 ✭✭✭✭Sarky

Posting from the basement? You'd never get the WiFi signal down there, doesn't he know anything about networks?

• Registered Users Posts: 26,578 ✭✭✭✭Turtwig

I've been awared

I nearly choked on my drink. :)

• Registered Users Posts: 17,736 ✭✭✭✭kylith

Sarky wrote: »
    Posting from the basement? You'd never get the WiFi signal down there, doesn't he know anything about networks?

Who even has a basement?!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 46,938 ✭✭✭✭Nodin

It's a meme. I know atheism is important to you guys but sometimes you really do come across as edgy teenagers.

If we were edgy teenagers, we wouldn't have to ask about a meme now, would we?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 46,938 ✭✭✭✭Nodin

This is the second "abortion" thread. When somebody with something worth challenging comes along, we'll doubtless get back on track.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 31,967 ✭✭✭✭Sarky

It's hardly a meme. Those things have to be catchy and widespread.

kylith wrote: »
    Who even has a basement?!

I used to but I sold that house.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 3,371 ✭✭✭Obliq

Nodin wrote: »
    This is the second "abortion" thread. When somebody with something worth challenging comes along, we'll doubtless get back on track.

I was going to say that Piliger must have missed the first thread, but then I couldn't be bothered. I'm with Bann above. Sick of banging on the same drum over and over and over. Although I'm quite willing to discuss killing embryos, I need someone who doesn't just go "you're wrong because GOD". Also, I can't be arsed discussing when life begins because I see it as irrelevant to whether abortion is "right" or "wrong". Abortion just is (what it is) and has been and will continue to be an unfortunately necessary route for many women with crisis pregnancies. All else is just academic IMO.

There you go Piliger. Now, back to the Korean sea monster films unless someone wishes to challenge me properly.

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement