Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Abortion Discussion

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 12,644 ✭✭✭✭lazygal

mbiking123 wrote: »
    His plan was for man to exercise his free will and get to Heaven

What about women?

• Moderators, Technology & Internet Moderators, Regional South East Moderators Posts: 28,494 Mod ✭✭✭✭Cabaal

No wonder you hate God so much,

I hate god as much as I hate the Easter bunny or tooth fairy, which is not at all.

I can't hate something that doesn't exist. Same as I can't fear something that doesn't exist.

Why do you hate Thor mbiking123? :pac:

• Registered Users Posts: 2,247 ✭✭✭pauldla

Cabaal wrote: »
    Why do you hate Thor mbiking123? :pac:

This cuts right the the heart of the matter, and must be vigorously pursued. I await the answer with (eager) anticipation.

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 9,441 ✭✭✭old hippy

No wonder you hate God so much, designing women that they have babies.

There is no god. Can we move on, please?

• Registered Users Posts: 17,736 ✭✭✭✭kylith

No wonder you hate God so much, designing women that they have babies.

Well IF they're is a god (which there almost certainly isn't) then he did a piss poor job of this designing, what with our too big baby heads and our too small pelvises. Do me a favour and google 'episiotomy' (a regular occurrence in childbirth) then tell me what a great designer your god is. Why, it's almost like we weren't created by a benevolent and faultless designer at all, but instead evolved via natural selection and random mutation.

I wish you severe constipation so you can have first-hand experience of how something your body is 'designed' to do being painful and traumatic. Then you could imagine it going on for 18 hours or so.

• Advertisement
  • Moderators, Technology & Internet Moderators, Regional South East Moderators Posts: 28,494 Mod ✭✭✭✭Cabaal

kylith wrote: »
    Well IF they're is a god (which there almost certainly isn't) then he did a piss poor job of this designing, what with our too big baby heads and our too small pelvises. Do me a favour and google 'episiotomy' (a regular occurrence in childbirth) then tell me what a great designer your god is. Why, it's almost like we weren't created by a benevolent and faultless designer at all, but instead evolved via natural selection and random mutation.

Not forgetting
    - cancer (cell division goes out of wack and the body ignores it)
    - appendix (designed to randomly kill you :pac: )

Some great "designs" really,

• Registered Users Posts: 11,932 ✭✭✭✭PopePalpatine

mbiking is about to go full creationist, isn't he?

mbiking is about to go full creationist, isn't he?

Before the wrath (or is it the rapture befalls us), I'd like to know what all this religious bobbins has to do with the choice women have over their own bodies...

• Registered Users Posts: 11,932 ✭✭✭✭PopePalpatine

old hippy wrote: »
    Before the wrath (or is it the rapture befalls us), I'd like to know what all this religious bobbins has to do with the choice women have over their own bodies...

It's probably something to do with "ensoulment", something tells me mbiking is about to drag out that "even in the womb I knew you" line from the Bible.

It's probably something to do with "ensoulment", something tells me mbiking is about to drag out that "even in the womb I knew you" line from the Bible.

A womb with a view?

• Advertisement

http://www.broadsheet.ie/2013/12/09/a-long-way-from-radharc/

In next Sunday’s ‘The Moment of Truth’ Blathnaid Ní Chofaigh talks to Danielle, an Irish woman “who in her late teens became pregnant and travelled to England to have an abortion. It is a choice that has marked her life, but which she still does not regret.

An RTE Religious programme featuring a guilt-free abortion experience.

There's going to be uproar on Joe Duffy over this one, not to mention a few words written in the Irishtimes

• Registered Users Posts: 7,182 ✭✭✭Genghiz Cohen

Cabaal wrote: »
    There's going to be uproar on Joe Duffy over this one, not to mention a few words written in the Irishtimes

More than a few if JW get's whiff of it.

• Registered Users Posts: 26,578 ✭✭✭✭Turtwig

RTE IS anti-Catholic!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 46,938 ✭✭✭✭Nodin

lazygal wrote: »
    What about women?

Alas they lack the key to true grace and heavens gate.

• Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 24,417 Mod ✭✭✭✭robindch

Jernal wrote: »
    RTE IS anti-Catholic!
    Liberal bias. Political correctness gone mad. Etc. Etc.

• Registered Users Posts: 11,670 ✭✭✭✭aloyisious

http://www.youtube.com/watch?feature=player_embedded&v=oSMbaBwZLm8

roll on Brenda Power (sunday times) & David Iona (I/Indo columnist)

Uh, wait? What if this is actually some sort of elaborate trap? What if the reason she doesn't regret it is because of all the shame it made her feel and how it made her see the world through God?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 31,967 ✭✭✭✭Sarky

I'm testing the hypothesis that if that ad gets shared often enough, David Quinn will actually explode with self-righteous indignation and think-of-the-children rage.

It's certainly worth a try. That smarmy bastard makes my skin crawl.

• Registered Users Posts: 9,788 ✭✭✭MrPudding

Uh, wait? What if this is actually some sort of elaborate trap? What if the reason she doesn't regret it is because of all the shame it made her feel and how it made her see the world through God?
    What is making people say she does not regret it? The onyl thing i heard in the ad, with respect to regret, was her saying that she knew she would regret it for the rest of her life. What am I missing?

MrP

From the video description:

"It is a choice that has marked her life, but which she still does not regret."

Maybe that means RTE are hoping she'll regret it eventually, but despite their boundless incompetence I've never found them outright malicious...

• Advertisement

MrPudding wrote: »
    What is making people say she does not regret it? The onyl thing i heard in the ad, with respect to regret, was her saying that she knew she would regret it for the rest of her life. What am I missing?

MrP

I was (and still) asking the same question. Though I didn't post it. :)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 46,938 ✭✭✭✭Nodin

I was (and still) asking the same question. Though I didn't post it. :)

It's in the text under the you tube video.

Nodin wrote: »
    It's in the text under the you tube video.

Oh sorry I didn't make it clearer. Still asking if the text was an error.

• Registered Users Posts: 8,427 ✭✭✭Morag

She knows she made the right choice back then, she is being very very brave with the interview, I just hope they don't make a mess of it with editing and that she doesn't get heaps of abuse for it.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,371 ✭✭✭Obliq

Wow. Fair play to her. I hope the inevitable "disgusted, she's a murderer" backlash isn't too awful. She's doing a lot of Irish women more justice than they've seen from this entire generation of lawmakers. I'd like to shake her hand, tell her if you see her.

Morag wrote: »
    She knows she made the right choice back then, she is being very very brave with the interview, I just hope they don't make a mess of it with editing and that she doesn't get heaps of abuse for it.

Alas, even if the editing is perfectly representative of her views, she will get abuse anyway. Whatever she says it will be quote mined and twisted into the worst possible angle and spread among the various self righteous groups. That will look on her as sub human. So they won't really think too much conscience wise of sending the abuse. As far as many of them will be concerned she deserves it.

I hope I'm wrong. :(

• Registered Users Posts: 8,427 ✭✭✭Morag

Well she has a good group of supportive people around her and ARC has offered support as well.
    I've done national radio and some press about having had an abortion, sometimes they ignore you
    other times you get your email flooded for a week or so.

Should be straightforward enough on Gmail at least to set up a filter to file 99% of the abuse under a "stupid hate-filled wankstain" folder using just a handful of keywords...

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,371 ✭✭✭Obliq

Sarky wrote: »
    Should be straightforward enough on Gmail at least to set up a filter to file 99% of the abuse under a "stupid hate-filled wankstain" folder using just a handful of keywords...

I'd say nearly the only key-word needed is "god" :(

• Advertisement

God, slut. Murderer, filthy and shame. Ought to filter most crap.

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement