Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Abortion Discussion

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 8,427 ✭✭✭Morag

social services, praying, novena, satan demonic ritual as well.

• Registered Users Posts: 26,578 ✭✭✭✭Turtwig

Also, she could be a little shady and set up a trip wire. If she receives any emails in the filter another set of rules kicks in and forwards on images of his noodly appendages to the senders x100. For every email they send they receive 100 in return. Not sure how legitimate that is though. :)

• Registered Users Posts: 12,644 ✭✭✭✭lazygal

I'm waiting to see how Breda O'Brien twists this to suit her agenda.

• Registered Users Posts: 17,495 ✭✭✭✭eviltwin

I'm sure she is smart enough to have predicted the backlash that she would get, I'm sure she also knows it won't be personal. Those comments are thrown at every woman who has an abortion and doesn't regret it.

eviltwin wrote: »
    I'm sure she is smart enough to have predicted the backlash that she would get, I'm sure she also knows it won't be personal. Those comments are thrown at every woman who has an abortion and doesn't regret it.

Yeah but predicting something and experiencing it are two wholly different things. Even when you perfectly prepare for and anticipate a situation, experiencing it can make everything feel different. What you know before you begin, might not be what your feelings let you know. Similarly, someone who thinks they might be not be able to handle a situation may find they're coping perfectly. Until you're in the situation you just don't know for certain how you're going to react.

• Advertisement

Jernal wrote: »
    Yeah but predicting something and experiencing it are two wholly different things. Even when you perfectly prepare for and anticipate a situation, experiencing it can make everything feel different. What you know before you begin, might not be what your feelings let you know. Similarly, someone who thinks they might be not be able to handle a situation may find they're coping perfectly. Until you're in the situation you just don't know for certain how you're going to react.

Or as the prolifers might say, some women might regret abortion so no abortions for anyone.

Thats true but I'm sure she has weighed up the postive and the negative. Every time a woman is open about abortion, even if she regrets it, she leaves herself open to abuse, I've been there and its not nice but when you get messages of hate but you know, after a while its water off a ducks back. There was a time being called a murderer used to have me in tears, now its just boring and predictable. Granted I haven't talked about my experience on national television but I hope and I think the vast majority of people will be positive.

lazygal wrote: »
    Or as the prolifers might say, some women might regret abortion so no abortions for anyone.

Yes and of course that regret will never be related with the stigma of society. The underlying perception that people who have abortions are lesser people and should feel guilt and shame regardless of their circumstances!

• Registered Users Posts: 1,630 ✭✭✭gaynorvader

Yes and of course that regret will never be related with the stigma of society. The underlying perception that people who have abortions are lesser people and should feel guilt and shame regardless of their circumstances!

I wish more people followed Matthew 7:3-5
    3 Why do you look at the spot of dust in your brother's eye? But you do not see a big stick in your own eye!

4 Why do you say to your brother, "Let me take the dust out of your eye"? And all the time you have that stick in your own eye!

5 You are not true to yourselves! First take the stick out of your own eye. Then you will be able to see to take the dust out of your brother's eye.

Perception of a small, very vocal, minority...in my experience most people are just indifferent :)

• Advertisement
  • Moderators, Technology & Internet Moderators, Regional South East Moderators Posts: 28,494 Mod ✭✭✭✭Cabaal

lazygal wrote: »

What if somebody regrets having sex with somebody, does that mean no sex for anyone?

Hmmm...maybe thats why they don't want sex before marriage. By not allowing it you can't regret it because by time you have sex you are locked in for life (cause if you don't believe in sex before marriage you likely don't agree with divorce)

And sure married wimminz would never need an abortion, no siree.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,232 ✭✭✭Brian Shanahan

Sarky wrote: »
    From the video description:

"It is a choice that has marked her life, but which she still does not regret."

Maybe that means RTE are hoping she'll regret it eventually, but despite their boundless incompetence I've never found them outright malicious...

To quote Humphrey Bogart
    Maybe not today, maybe not tomorrow, but soon and for the rest of your life, you'll regret it.

Play it again, Sam.

• Registered Users Posts: 11,670 ✭✭✭✭aloyisious

With all the worry about women and pregnancy, t'is a wonder that chastity belts, rings etc don't sell well

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 9,441 ✭✭✭old hippy

aloyisious wrote: »
    With all the worry about women and pregnancy, t'is a wonder that chastity belts, rings etc don't sell well

Unfortunately, women the world over are treated as property, second class citizens, conquests, concubines, baby machines and so on. I suppose we shouldn't be so surprises that a form of taliban exists in Ireland.

aloyisious wrote: »

Nah with the threat of the laundries gone, they have had to fall back on slut shaming in a serious way.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,371 ✭✭✭Obliq

Morag wrote: »
    Nah with the threat of the laundries gone, they have had to fall back on slut shaming in a serious way.

Hmm. I wonder how long that's going to keep working for them? I don't feel AT ALL shamed, and neither do my kids with their two different Dads. Oh noes! How will the God Squad ever manage to beat Catholic morals into the next generation, when they don't give a monkey's about what that "sex is durty/no sex before marriage/no sex at all if gay" crowd has to say.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,034 ✭✭✭mbiking123

The official 'baby hatch' where desperate mums can abandon their newborn babies

http://www.parentdish.co.uk/2013/12/11/the-official-baby-hatch-where-desperate-mums-can-abandon-their-newborn-babies/?ncid=wsc-uk-parentdish-headline

There is an idea to avoid abortions ! With all the HSE cutbacks, rather than investing money in free abortions put some money in this idea

Then again we don't have abortions in Ireland ! Anyway food for thought

• Moderators Posts: 51,784 ✭✭✭✭Delirium

mbiking123 wrote: »

http://www.parentdish.co.uk/2013/12/11/the-official-baby-hatch-where-desperate-mums-can-abandon-their-newborn-babies/?ncid=wsc-uk-parentdish-headline

There is an idea to avoid abortions ! With all the HSE cutbacks, rather than investing money in free abortions put some money in this idea

You obviously don't understand what an abortion is if you're suggesting something that is about what happens to a baby after the birth.

If you can read this, you're too close!

• Registered Users Posts: 3,246 ✭✭✭iwantmydinner

That bull is literally the opposite thing to food for thought.

PS abortions do happen in Ireland.

• Advertisement

Its something for the left-footers to think about

Van Persie has a lot more to think about than this.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,246 ✭✭✭iwantmydinner

Meaning...?

Meaning...?

Well jernal has given one meaning

• Registered Users Posts: 2,247 ✭✭✭pauldla

I'm not a left-footer, so I shall continue to wonder if you hate Thor or not.

Bear in mind how often you need to avoid Ice Giants, Chitauri, or Loki before you answer.

'baby hatch' is not a solution to an unwanted pregnancy, only an unwanted child.
    Babies which are foundlings can never be adopted with our currently laws only fostered,
    so it is not good practice nor fair to the child to encourage such practices.

• Registered Users Posts: 11,932 ✭✭✭✭PopePalpatine

Morag wrote: »
    'baby hatch' is not a solution to an unwanted pregnancy, only an unwanted child.
    Babies which are foundlings can never be adopted with our currently laws only fostered,
    so it is not good practice nor fair to the child to encourage such practices.

I don't think mbiking cares, as long as his precious church gets their hands on these babies.

Well jernal has given one meaning

How about you give your meaning? Otherwise methinks you speak with forked tongue...

old hippy wrote: »
    How about you give your meaning? Otherwise methinks you speak with forked tongue...

why would you think I speak with a forked tongue

• Advertisement

why would you think I speak with a forked tongue

Looking back on this thread, you refuse to answer questions, you post links pertaining to be about abortion but actually it's post birth and you back up your argument with nonsensical religious guff.

And you still haven't answered my question.

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement