Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Abortion Discussion

Options

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,232 ✭✭✭Brian Shanahan

Bannasidhe wrote: »
    Or perhaps 'pure' Thomas Moore - there was a man who liked to set people on fire...

Don't forget the pimping* of his daughters to people he wanted to cement political alliances with.

*Ok, showing off their naked bodies, while asleep, to prospective future husbands (ref: the introduction to my Penguin edition Utopia) isn't exactly pimping, but you could barely slide a Rizla in the gap between the two activities.

H3aler wrote: »
    what is difference between a tyrant in the sky and people who kill babies in the bellies-- I don't belong to any religion, i believe in love the only faith i keep-- christian, jews, muslims, hindus are my friends

What that is I don't even.

I'm sorry but the more you speak the less sense you make. I think you don't even know or understand yourself what you are trying to say.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,007 ✭✭✭Phill Ewinn

lazygal wrote: »
    What about a non viable foetus?

Are you asking me if aborting a dead feteous is alright. I'm no doctor.

• Registered Users Posts: 12,644 ✭✭✭✭lazygal

Are you asking me if aborting a dead feteous is alright. I'm no doctor.

But you object to termination of viable foetuses? Despite not being a doctor? Suppose my health was under threat, would you object to me terminating the pregnancy so I can remain well for my children?

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 91 ✭✭H3aler

guys thanks a lot for convincing me --we should kill small cute babies, they have no right to live, we should support violence, after seeing all of your arugment in favor of killing and blood shed, i remember chucky-- kill'em all-- who could stop the mob from killing and blood shed --- what authority i have on you to stop violence-- life is precious but don' kill the babies

• Advertisement
  • Moderators Posts: 51,784 ✭✭✭✭Delirium

guys thanks a lot for convincing me --we should kill small cute babies, they have no right to live, we should support violence, after seeing all of your arugment in favor of killing and blood shed, i remember chucky-- kill'em all-- who could stop the mob from killing and blood shed --- what authority i have on you to stop violence-- life is precious but don' kill the babies

yes!! ugly babies for everyone!! :rolleyes:

If you can read this, you're too close!

I tell ya, being cut open for c section delivery twice wasn't non violent. And no one is killing babies, cute or otherwise, we're discussing abortion or termination of pregnancy.

SW wrote: »
    yes!! ugly babies for everyone!! :rolleyes:
    how can one know that baby is ugly snf he/she has no right to live, In some poor countries of world, men don't like to have girl babies, they kill them and then justify abortion..

lazygal wrote: »
    But you object to termination of viable foetuses?

Yes. As an adult you have a duty to protect those who have way to protect themselves. Such is life. Burying your head in the sand, blaming someone else for your problems etc.

You don't need to be a doctor to understand morality or humanity.

• Moderators Posts: 51,784 ✭✭✭✭Delirium

Yes. As an adult you have a duty to protect those who have way to protect themselves. Such is life. Burying your head in the sand, blaming someone else for your problems etc.

Some say that forcing a woman to carry an unwanted pregnancy to term in inhumane.

If you can read this, you're too close!

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 11,670 ✭✭✭✭aloyisious

Did you mean to put the word "no" in front of "way to protect themselves"?

I agree if we kill a person who has arms, legs it is less crimer than to kill a person who don't have arms, who could not speak, who could not resist, we should protect such person at every cost.

• Registered Users Posts: 11,670 ✭✭✭✭aloyisious

I agree if we kill a person who has arms, legs it is less crimer than to kill a person who don't have arms, who could not speak, who could not resist, we should protect such person at every cost.

Unfortunately some people have taken that stance in the US and have gone about killing doctors who've preformed abortions, and blown up clinics to stop their use. I assume that you would not want that type of behaviour to start here in Ireland and/or Europe?

• Registered Users Posts: 19,218 ✭✭✭✭Bannasidhe

Hello Phill.

Did you answer my question yet?

Would you put your life on the line to protect an embryo?

Do you think I have more of a duty of care to my born or unborn children?

• Registered Users Posts: 17,495 ✭✭✭✭eviltwin

One also has a responsibility to oneself and, as Lazygal mentioned, ones already born dependents. I would question the parenting ability of someone who placed an embryo before their living children.

Bannasidhe wrote: »
    Hello Phill.

Did you answer my question yet?

Would you put your life on the line to protect an embryo?

Yes. As a parent I'd do anything for my children.

eviltwin wrote: »
    One also has a responsibility to oneself and, as Lazygal mentioned, ones already born dependents. I would question the parenting ability of someone who placed an embryo before their living children.

Why?

• Registered Users Posts: 1,630 ✭✭✭gaynorvader

What? Why? Shouldn't it be an equal crime to kill someone with no arms or legs? Shouldn't we try to protect every person from harm?

What? Why? Shouldn't it be an equal crime to kill someone with no arms or legs? Shouldn't we try to protect every person from harm?
    yes being human it is our duty to protect your kind from harm, don't kill babies, babies don't bring harm to any one, they are weak, only cruely people will murder them and then justify their killing, A person who is disabled who could not speak, who doesn't bring any harm to any one, It is very cruelty to kill such person for our own good, we should protect weak members of our society, People when know their babies are girl, they kill them and then give long speaches in favor of abortation

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,630 ✭✭✭gaynorvader

yes being human it is our duty to protect your kind from harm, don't kill babies, babies don't bring harm to any one, they are weak, only cruely people will murder them and then justify their killing, A person who is disabled who could not speak, who doesn't bring any harm to any one, It is very cruelty to kill such person for our own good, we should protect weak members of our society, People when know their babies are girl, they kill them and then give long speaches in favor of abortation

The quibble is not, nor has it ever been "is killing people wrong?". Rather, the quibble is "When does a sperm and an egg become a person?". So your sensationalist language centred around hand-wringing over the killing of babies is doing nothing but making you appear to be slightly unhinged (which I'm sure is not the case).

• Registered Users Posts: 6,741 ✭✭✭Piliger

eviltwin wrote: »

More than question them . It would be an immoral abomination and anyone doing so should be told so by everyone around them.

• Registered Users Posts: 17,495 ✭✭✭✭eviltwin

Why?

Why? Because as a parent once your child is born and being raised by you, all others should come second. And yes that includes other potential children. Imagine a woman who is told by her medical team not to get pregnant again as it may kill her, imagine this woman and her partner deciding to go ahead and try for another child despite that warning. What would you say that woman is? Brave? Or is she stupid and irresponsible? I think the latter. There is far too much back slapping of women who have "miracle" babies they were advised against on medical grounds when really we should be asking them "what were you thinking???"

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 9,441 ✭✭✭old hippy

Who here is killing babies, or supporting killing babies?

Who here is killing disabled people? Or supports such a thing?

Again, who is doing all this killing?

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 2,562 ✭✭✭eyescreamcone

The quibble is not, nor has it ever been "is killing people wrong?". Rather, the quibble is "When does a sperm and an egg become a person?". So your sensationalist language centred around hand-wringing over the killing of babies is doing nothing but making you appear to be slightly unhinged (which I'm sure is not the case).

FYP

• Registered Users Posts: 19,218 ✭✭✭✭Bannasidhe

Didn't ask about 'children' - I asked about an embryo.

Would you leave your born children without a parent in order to give life to this embryo?
    Your life - not some one else's.

So you believe that human rights only apply to those not yet alive. That's some twisted kind of morality you have right there.

Oh, and you should look for a name change from the site admins, "healer" is most definitely not appropriate for you, "small minded fundamentalist" would be far more accurate.

Phill, even you're not obtuse enough to think that your children are still embryos.

So please answer Bann's question and stop pervaricating. At the very least you'd be showing a bit of politeness.

• Moderators, Technology & Internet Moderators, Regional South East Moderators Posts: 28,496 Mod ✭✭✭✭Cabaal

http://www.thejournal.ie/abortion-laws-to-be-challenged-at-the-un-for-a-second-time-1360309-Mar2014/
    Ireland’s abortion laws to be challenged at the UN for a second time
    Siobhán Whelan says that she will “never forget” how she had to travel to the UK to have an abortion after she was told her baby would die at birth.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 17,736 ✭✭✭✭kylith

Dear Obliq
    we human have created all these cruel chances for our own satisfication/regret- alrlight, let say it is a chance -- why don't you take the good side of chance-- The chance of saving instead of killing tiny cute babies-- Why do you prefer killing or violence-- to hide something which you have done for your desires-- Let us not do something that will make us to take growing life inside us :)-- There is also a chance you could have kill shakespear inside and in the next chance a hilter come, destroyer of humanity

It is untrue that humans invented abortion. Female rabbits have the ability to reabsorb foetuses if they feel conditions aren't right to have them. Many other species of animal will abandon or even eat their newborns for the animal equivalent of socio-economic reasons such as stress or lack of food. To suggest that not wishing to have children is a human trait is simply incorrect; we simply have the ability to terminate an unwanted pregnancy in a way which ensures that the offspring feels nothing and knows nothing.

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement