Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Abortion Discussion

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 11,671 ✭✭✭✭aloyisious

kylith wrote: »
    It is untrue that humans invented abortion. Female rabbits have the ability to reabsorb foetuses if they feel conditions aren't right to have them. Many other species of animal will abandon or even eat their newborns for the animal equivalent of socio-economic reasons such as stress or lack of food. To suggest that not wishing to have children is a human trait is simply incorrect; we simply have the ability to terminate an unwanted pregnancy in a way which ensures that the offspring feels nothing and knows nothing.

I didn't know that :eek: Bring's a whole new meaning to breeding like rabbits.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,371 ✭✭✭Obliq

aloyisious wrote: »
    I didn't know that :eek: Bring's a whole new meaning to breeding like rabbits.

I knew that. It certainly encourages you to make damn sure a rabbit is comfortable when pregnant *kept rabbits for food at one time*. Pity we don't give the same consideration to humans......

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 91 ✭✭H3aler

kylith wrote: »
    It is untrue that humans invented abortion. Female rabbits have the ability to reabsorb foetuses if they feel conditions aren't right to have them. Many other species of animal will abandon or even eat their newborns for the animal equivalent of socio-economic reasons such as stress or lack of food. To suggest that not wishing to have children is a human trait is simply incorrect; we simply have the ability to terminate an unwanted pregnancy in a way which ensures that the offspring feels nothing and knows nothing.
    yes it is true, human, strange human, they compare themselve to animal to justify abortation-- animal lacks many thing what human posseses, animal lacks wisdom -- they lacks universal love-- because they are animal-- we human being have kind heart and tenderness -- what strange times has come-- human have to become animal to justify killing/violence and blood shed-- thanks for convincing me that we should become animal to finsh growing life inside us-- A life full with joy and hapiness-- you have everyright to walk on earth -- why not life inside us-- no member in the foram have presented sound arugment to justify abortion-- thanks good day

• Moderators Posts: 51,784 ✭✭✭✭Delirium

H3aler wrote: »
    yes it is true, human, strange human, they compare themselve to animal to justify abortation-- animal lacks many thing what human posseses, animal lacks wisdom -- they lacks universal love-- because they are animal-- we human being have kind heart and tenderness -- what strange times has come-- human have to become animal to justify killing/violence and blood shed-- thanks for convincing me that we should become animal to finsh growing life inside us-- A life full with joy and hapiness-- you have everyright to walk on earth -- why not life inside us-- no member in the foram have presented sound arugment to justify abortion-- thanks good day

You don't consider a womans life being at risk a good reason or fatal foetal abnormalities?

If you can read this, you're too close!

SW wrote: »
    You don't consider a womans life being at risk a good reason or fatal foetal abnormalities?
    I believe only in abortion-- If it is life saving-- A woman who knows in advance that baby could kill her-- then she has every right to save herself-- otherwise i am against all kind of abortion-- we human are protector of life not its destroyer -- I think we have agreement here-- If a woman knows that she is at risk then she has right for abortion-- Thanks:)

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,886 ✭✭✭_rebelkid

Have you actually read the forum?

1. If continuing with the pregnancy will kill both the woman AND the foetus, she can abort.

2. If the woman within a reasonable limit, (for me it's before 30/32 weeks) does not want to continue with the pregnancy for what ever reason, and has decided on aborting it, she can abort.

3. If the foetus when carried to term will not survive outside of the womb, and if the woman does not want to put herself and her partner through that, they can abort.

• Registered Users Posts: 12,644 ✭✭✭✭lazygal

I believe only in abortion-- If it is life saving-- A woman who knows in advance that baby could kill her-- then she has every right to save herself-- otherwise i am against all kind of abortion-- we human are protector of life not its destroyer -- I think we have agreement here-- If a woman knows that she is at risk then she has right for abortion-- Thanks:)

So there are sound reasons for abortion. What if the foetus won't live outside the womb?

lazygal wrote: »
    So there are sound reasons for abortion. What if the foetus won't live outside the womb?
    how do you know-- do you have knoweldge of unseen-- Are you missah or christ-- Here is another agreement with you-- If you are 100% sure then you could kill the small babies :(-- I have seen kids living with h0le in the hearts

how do you know-- do you have knoweldge of unseen-- Are you missah or christ-- Here is another agreement with you-- If you are 100% sure then you could kill the small babies :(-- I have seen kids living with h0le in the hearts

Have you seen kids with no brains living? Or no hearts?

Have you seen kids with no brains living? Or no hearts?
    no, I am in agreement with you in this case-- you can kill the baby that can't be cured

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 11,934 ✭✭✭✭PopePalpatine

Last time I checked, I couldn't use photosynthesis, so yes, I'm an animal as are the ~7 billion other humans on Earth.

Last time I checked, I couldn't use photosynthesis, so yes, I'm an animal as are the ~7 billion other humans on Earth.
    when human think they are animal they have done worst-- What these small cute babies before them-- You can kill these innocent babies and shed blood in the name of your animality--

World War II was the deadliest military conflict in history. Over 60 million people were killed, which was over 2.5% of the world populatio

Humans are animals, we don't have chlorophyll running through our veins, we inhale oxygen and exhale carbon dioxide, and we can't photosynthesise.

Also, while WW2 was among the deadliest military conflicts in history, it pales in comparison to the Mongol conquests and Ming Wars of succession - see for yourself here.

• Registered Users Posts: 400 ✭✭truedoom

tl;dr

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,748 ✭✭✭Dermighty

By the way abortion at 30 weeks is not acceptable to me

Humans are animals, we don't have chlorophyll running through our veins, we inhale oxygen and exhale carbon dioxide, and we can't photosynthesise.

Also, while WW2 was among the deadliest military conflicts in history, it pales in comparison to the Mongol conquests and Ming Wars of succession - see for yourself here.
    i think your stats don't include the blood of innocent babies-- Mongols were too animals-- They are hater of mankind like abortations

I don't know if the death counts for the Mongol conquests and Ming Wars of Succession include "innocent babies", but it's highly probable.

• Registered Users Posts: 9,788 ✭✭✭MrPudding

Dermighty wrote: »

OK, cool. Cheers for the update. I'll let everyone know. In the meantime, I would suggest not having one at 30 weeks if it is not acceptable to you.

MrP

• Registered Users Posts: 19,218 ✭✭✭✭Bannasidhe

i think your stats don't include the blood of innocent babies-- Mongols were too animals-- They are hater of mankind like abortations

What????

Also for your information humanity is the most dangerous, most destructive 'animal' on the face of the planet. If we acted like animals the planet would be far better off.

Bannasidhe wrote: »
    What????

Also for your information humanity is the most dangerous, most destructive 'animal' on the face of the planet. If we acted like animals the plane would be far better off.

ok thanks for suggesting violence but i believe in love and mercy-- I would give my life to save another human life-- That is faith i keep-- that is the love i believe in--you belive in violence and suggest violence thanks

• Advertisement
  • Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 9,441 ✭✭✭old hippy

no, I am in agreement with you in this case-- you can kill the baby that can't be cured

I thought you were against killing babies?
    ok thanks for suggesting violence but i believe in love and mercy-- I would give my life to save another human life-- That is faith i keep-- that is the love i believe in--you belive in violence and suggest violence thanks

Who is advocating violence?

• Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 24,417 Mod ✭✭✭✭robindch

i believe in love and mercy
    You've been red-carded for you hateful comment about Mongols and banned for one week for your subsequent comment about Bannasidhe.

You will be turfed out of A+A permanently if you post in this fashion again.

http://www.nationalconventionforlife.org/

A new Yoof Defence event. Jim "I can't call teh gehys fairies" Walsh is a noted speaker at it.

• Moderators, Technology & Internet Moderators, Regional South East Moderators Posts: 28,496 Mod ✭✭✭✭Cabaal

A new Yoof Defence event. Jim "I can't call teh gehys fairies" Walsh is a noted speaker at it.

Declan Ganley as well, feck he'll show up at anything that gets his name mentioned at this stage

• Registered Users Posts: 19,218 ✭✭✭✭Bannasidhe

:confused:

• Closed Accounts Posts: 46,938 ✭✭✭✭Nodin

.......... Mongols were too animals-- They are hater of mankind like abortations

It might be just me, but I'm not seeing the "love" there.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,741 ✭✭✭Piliger

Nodin wrote: »
    It might be just me, but I'm not seeing the "love" there.

Amazing how much hate can be had for his fellow human beings, yet such supposed 'love' for a unborn....

• Registered Users Posts: 8,427 ✭✭✭Morag

Dermighty wrote: »

And it's not acceptable to me either, the protection of life in maternity law states that were a fetus is viable all interventions are to be taken.
    In the case of an delivery at 30 weeks, it would be just that a delivery, not an abortion.

• Registered Users Posts: 17,736 ✭✭✭✭kylith

Unless it's, you know, a life of hardship, deprivation, and poverty leading to an early death because a woman who knew that she did not have the means to raise a child has been forced to give birth against her will.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 17,569 ✭✭✭✭Mr. CooL ICE

Also there's an 'abortion survivor'. Don't ask why, but I always giggle at that term.

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement