Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Abortion Discussion

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 26,578 ✭✭✭✭Turtwig

what are your views on this video jernal,do you condone planned parenthoods views in this video?

I haven't seen the video. I generally don't like videos either. It's far too easy to misconstrue a person's opinion by subtle edits. I prefer seeing the full thing in context. So, no opinion as of yet. And I am under the impression that it is only one person speaking in the video, how you can say that person's view represent everyone in a large scale organisation is beyond me. It's a bit like going,
    "Oh that Catholic priser is a child abuser. Therefore all Catholics are child abusers!"
    Absurd logic to say the least.

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 2,713 ✭✭✭eireannBEAR

Jernal wrote: »
    I haven't seen the video. I generally don't like videos either. It's far too easy to misconstrue a person's opinion by subtle edits. I prefer seeing the full thing in context. So, no opinion as of yet. And I am under the impression that it is only one person speaking in the video, how you can say that person's view represent everyone in a large scale organisation is beyond me. It's a bit like going,
    "Oh that Catholic priser is a child abuser. Therefore all Catholics are child abusers!"
    Absurd logic to say the least.

she is a lobbyist representing planned parenthood stating that they believe its the woman and abortionist choice if a born live baby,should live or die. she objects to having to give medical care to the dying child,to the disbelief of the law makers.

now i know you didnt watch the video but if she did indeed represent planned parenthood and was verbalizing their views,then would you support her or would you be appalled??

If she is supporting infanticide then yes I object to that. But I emphasise the if.

Jernal wrote: »
    If she is supporting infanticide then yes I object to that. But I emphasise the if.

ah that's ok their may be hope for you yet, because we had a couple of posters here last night who supported her view. well the videos 6 minutes long im sure you can find time to watch it,;)

• Registered Users Posts: 17,566 ✭✭✭✭Mr. CooL ICE

ah that's ok their may be hope for you yet, because we had a couple of posters here last night who supported her view. well the videos 6 minutes long im sure you can find time to watch it,;)

So... there were posters here who support infanticide? Who were they?

• Advertisement

So... there were posters here who support infanticide? Who were they?

just checked back they were deleted can i name names jernel???

just checked back they were deleted can i name names jernel???

Deleted?:confused:
    There hasn't been a post deleted on this thread since it's inception.
    Maybe you mean edited?

You can name usernames but you also need to provide evidence to back up your accusation. Non deleted deleted posts don't really count.

• Registered Users Posts: 11,661 ✭✭✭✭aloyisious

@eireannBEAR: was that video part of a hearing before the Texas State Senate or what?

• Moderators Posts: 51,779 ✭✭✭✭Delirium

Full video that the clip was taken from. The clip is supposed to be at around the 39 minute mark. Haven't watched it yet as the complete video is 2 hours long.

If you can read this, you're too close!

aloyisious wrote: »
    @eireannBEAR: was that video part of a hearing before the Texas State Senate or what?

its from florida. american opposition to abortion is increasing big time. and it cant be blamed on religious wackos as support for gay marriage is growing.

its amazing pro-coice seem to be shooting them selves in the foot they have became to arrogant in regard to terminating babies.

• Advertisement

Ready to provide any evidence for your claim that there are posters on this thread supporting infanticide?

koth wrote: »
    Full video that the clip was taken from. The clip is supposed to be at around the 39 minute mark. Haven't watched it yet as the complete video is 2 hours long.

heres the 6 minute clip in case people cant find what we are talking about.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?feature=player_detailpage&v=CyBvzKjje-g

• Registered Users Posts: 11,661 ✭✭✭✭aloyisious

@K and eB: ta. I'll give it the once-over. I'm going to assume that the woman was a rep from a "Planned Parenthood" local Florida group, seem's "PP" is a (US) organization with affiliated groups nationwide.

From WikipediA... https://www.google.ie/url?sa=t&rct=j&q=&esrc=s&source=web&cd=1&cad=rja&ved=0CC0QFjAA&url=https%3A%2F%2Fen.wikipedia.org%2Fwiki%2FPlanned_Parenthood&ei=az7xUfT-FNGEhQeMmYH4Aw&usg=AFQjCNGq6GP3GfO3LLtagz3EPk-YC9de6A&bvm=bv.49784469,d.ZG4

Ready to provide any evidence for your claim that there are posters on this thread supporting infanticide?

nope,i would be banned in a second.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 31,967 ✭✭✭✭Sarky

Ahahahaha.

• Registered Users Posts: 17,566 ✭✭✭✭Mr. CooL ICE

heres the 6 minute clip in case people cant find what we are talking about.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?feature=player_detailpage&v=CyBvzKjje-g

Thanks for posting that video again. The four previous times you posted that same video weren't enough.

Btw, who shot themselves in the foot?

Thanks for posting that video again. The four previous times you posted that same video weren't enough.

Btw, who shot themselves in the foot?

is there anyway i can stick this link as a permanent signature at the bottom of my posts???

• Closed Accounts Posts: 31,967 ✭✭✭✭Sarky

Try pressing Alt-F4 to get into editing mode?

A mod on this forum said you can go ahead provided you have proof.

Ok, let me put this politely.
    Either provide evidence for your claim that there are proponents of infanticide posting on this thread or cease from making the claim. You're bordering on slander here. So, as it happens, you could actually be banned for not providing anything.

• Advertisement
  • Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 24,416 Mod ✭✭✭✭robindch

If you've made a claim in this thread -- for example, that there are people who support infanticide -- and you've been asked to justify your claim, then you are well within your rights to provide evidence to support it.

If you can't or won't provide evidence, then people will assume that you have withdrawn your claim.

• Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 25,558 Mod ✭✭✭✭Dades

is there anyway i can stick this link as a permanent signature at the bottom of my posts???
    Clicking here should bring you to your profile control panel to add a sig.

aloyisious wrote: »
    @K and eB: ta. I'll give it the once-over. I'm going to assume that the woman was a rep from a "Planned Parenthood" local Florida group, seem's "PP" is a (US) organization with affiliated groups nationwide.

From WikipediA... https://www.google.ie/url?sa=t&rct=j&q=&esrc=s&source=web&cd=1&cad=rja&ved=0CC0QFjAA&url=https%3A%2F%2Fen.wikipedia.org%2Fwiki%2FPlanned_Parenthood&ei=az7xUfT-FNGEhQeMmYH4Aw&usg=AFQjCNGq6GP3GfO3LLtagz3EPk-YC9de6A&bvm=bv.49784469,d.ZG4

That's my understanding of the situation. Will be checking the video out myself, if only to ensure no editing has been done.

robindch wrote: »
    If you've made a claim in this thread -- for example, that there are people who support infanticide -- and you've been asked to justify your claim, then you are well within your rights to provide evidence to support it.

If you can't or won't provide evidence, then people will assume that you have withdrawn your claim.

i withdraw. all claims that may of offended the mods. etc.

• Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 24,416 Mod ✭✭✭✭robindch

i withdraw.
    I'm assuming that you're withdrawing your claim that at least one person here supports infanticide as the term is usually understood -- thanks for the clarification.
    all claims that may of offended the mods. etc.
    Here in A+A, you can make whatever claim you like, once you provide evidence that backs it up. People may disagree with that evidence, may disagree with the interpretation of the evidence, and especially, may disagree with the political or other views that either may or may not be supported by that evidence, or that interpretation of the evidence.

However, evidence, and its presentation in a clear and unbiased fashion, is fundamental to what A+A is all about, so no mod's going to get upset if you present evidence fairly to help you make a fair case. Quite the opposite really.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,037 ✭✭✭Banbh

I've decided to add the response of Florida Planned Parenthood as my signature in the interest of balance.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,037 ✭✭✭Banbh

'Of course Planned Parenthood would provide appropriate care to both the woman and the infant.'

Some glitch doesn't allow my signature (above) to appear.

Banbh wrote: »
    'Of course Planned Parenthood would provide appropriate care to both the woman and the infant.'

Some glitch doesn't allow my signature (above) to appear.

I can see it no problem. :)

Banbh wrote: »

yup up until they manage to get the law changed,you keep supporting them maybe one day with your support they will eventually be allowed to murder little boys and girls.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 4,940 ✭✭✭Corkfeen

yup up until they manage to get the law changed,you keep supporting them maybe one day with your support they will eventually be allowed to murder little boys and girls.
    Haven't seen a person using such hyperbole for a long time.

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement