Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Abortion Discussion

Options

Comments

• Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 24,416 Mod ✭✭✭✭robindch

Sans text for anybody with more time than me this morning!

265050.jpg

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,188 ✭✭✭UDP

robindch wrote: »

265050.jpg
    Don't forget the posters in the background - they are bs too! :)

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Arts Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 49,486 CMod ✭✭✭✭magicbastarder

robindch wrote: »
    that turns it into a gay rights march without any further modification.

• Registered Users Posts: 629 ✭✭✭Sierra 117

001.jpg

• Closed Accounts Posts: 6,113 ✭✭✭shruikan2553

"We were promised a free iPad!"

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 12,644 ✭✭✭✭lazygal

"Dammit our lies didn't work"

• Registered Users Posts: 19,219 ✭✭✭✭Bannasidhe

' I love to love you Baby'.

• Registered Users Posts: 11,928 ✭✭✭✭PopePalpatine

"We won't rest until the Magdalene Laundries are re-opened".

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 9,441 ✭✭✭old hippy

"Welcome to the 1950s"

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,232 ✭✭✭Brian Shanahan

coolhull wrote: »
    Whoever selected those kids to stand front-of-stage must have picked the six most bored-looking, uninterested people they could find. And why is the girl holding the ''not rest'' sign wearing knee-pads? Is she a tile-layer in real life?

Regarding bored-looking and uninterested I'm guessing the parents dragged them along. Oh and I suspect that at least one of the girls will make an unannounced trip to Britain within two years, if one hasn't already.

Re the knee-pads, from the look of the photo, it's probably the style, a section of black fabric sewn in to the jeans at the knees.

Re the caption competition:

"Don't tell mom; our babies were aborted."

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 7,182 ✭✭✭Genghiz Cohen

"Let Them Both Die Painfully" ?

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 230 ✭✭alphamule

"This is a Catholic Country"

• Moderators, Entertainment Moderators Posts: 12,916 Mod ✭✭✭✭iguana

1095115_10151805153722363_821669644_n.jpg

Why have you posted up a computer generated drawing?:confused:

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 2,713 ✭✭✭eireannBEAR

iguana wrote: »
    Why have you posted up a computer generated drawing?:confused:

would you rather i post a picture of a scrambled baby?? or would prefer to see a bloated blue poisoned baby corpse?

i can post images of inside gosnels abortion clinic either?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 31,967 ✭✭✭✭Sarky

would you rather i post a picture of a scrambled baby?? or would prefer to see a bloated blue poisoned baby corpse?

Do either of them come with fries on the side?

Well, you're already making your case look pretty laughable, so why not go the whole hog?

Sarky wrote: »
    The dude with his legs crossed really looks bored and dejected. I bet someone said "Nah, join Youth Defence, I guarantee within a week you'll be feckin' deep-fried in fannybatter!"

I love that episode of Always Sunny. In fact I love nearly all episodes of Always Sunny.

• Registered Users Posts: 8,427 ✭✭✭Morag

UDP wrote: »
    This photo is so asking to get photoshopped - if only I had the time.

Hilariously I feel the same way about parts of the new law, esp the possibility of 14 years in jail.

• Registered Users Posts: 26,578 ✭✭✭✭Turtwig

I would very much rather if you left such empty rhetoric at the door and actually engaged in a discussion. As you have failed to provide any means or justification for your posting of the image, any future images you post without justification conducive to a dialectic discussion will be deleted. Consider this fair warning.

http://www.thisismyabortion.com/

The majority of abortions 87% are done before 9 weeks, either as above or with the abortion pill and the result is a heavy period.

I've edited my post as it's only fair to try and keep a level playing field and to keep the tone of the thread more in keeping that this is not TCN forum no matter how it may seem at times.

• Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 24,416 Mod ✭✭✭✭robindch

Folks -

Please cut out the foetus/abortion/period/haemoglobic images on all sides - they don't make for a peaceful debate.

Thanking youse.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 31,967 ✭✭✭✭Sarky

Morag wrote: »
    Hilariously I feel the same way about parts of the new law, esp the possibility of 14 years in jail.

It's a bit stupid and dangerous, all right. Most of the positive aspects about the law are indirect; We have a nice list of TDs and senators who put their conscience/paycheque/US lobby groups before their duties; We have a pretty significant majority of the Dail on record as being for such laws, regardless of what Youth Defence et al would have us believe; and the whole thing has highlighted just how bloody stupid and unworkable the 8th amendment really is. Add to that the most, ahem, 'enthusiastic' anti-choice groups making spectacular fools of themselves, always a nice bonus.

Nobody has to be happy about the bill, and the near-negligible progress that it provides, but the side-effects of its introduction are undeniably victories for pro-choice folks.

No but I would like to know why you posted up what is basically a cartoon of a near term foetus in an idealised state?

Tbh it seems like it was drafted to spite both sides, which is par for the course.
    But with the building momentum the pressure won't be let up until we have a referendum to repeal the 8th
    so we can have real health care for women.

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 2,713 ✭✭✭eireannBEAR

iguana wrote: »
    No but I would like to know why you posted up what is basically a cartoon of a near term foetus in an idealised state?

<SNIP>

eireannBEAR are you still trying to say there is no difference between a embryo and a newborn?

<SNIP>

If you don't like abortions don't get one. You cant tell other people how to live there lives!

• Registered Users Posts: 6,166 ✭✭✭Stereomaniac

I don't think that the word <SNIP> is implying that, but I await the response of the bear on this.

I don't think that the word <SNIP> is implying that, but I await the response of the bear on this.

Ha, ive no idea how I did that.

• Registered Users Posts: 26,578 ✭✭✭✭Turtwig

alphamule wrote: »
    Ha, ive no idea how I did that.

You have ninja skills. Impressive ones at that. :pac:

• Advertisement

Jernal wrote: »
    You have ninja skills. Impressive ones at that. :pac:

I feel like Neo :cool:

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement