Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Abortion Discussion

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 12,644 ✭✭✭✭lazygal

galljga1 wrote: »
    Bstards. I am not in Dublin much these days but lately, there seems to be some bunch of muppets protesting every time I go near it. Is it expected to be large?

MASSIVE. EVERYONE FLOWN IN BY THE PROLIFE NUTTERS IN THE US IN IRELAND WILL ATTEND. RALLY FOR LIFE!!1111!!!!!11111!!!!!

• Registered Users Posts: 2,536 ✭✭✭Kev W

Bstards. I am not in Dublin much these days but lately, there seems to be some bunch of muppets protesting every time I go near it. Is it expected to be large?

You can count on it being as much as 400-500% as many people as actually turn up. :)

• Registered Users Posts: 11,928 ✭✭✭✭PopePalpatine

And don't forget the inevitable Silvio.Dante re-reg trying to hype it up, with creepy, Professor Umbridge-esque smilies.

:):D
    And don't forget the inevitable Silvio.Dante re-reg trying to hype it up, with creepy, Professor Umbridge-esque smilies.

Would he/she be posting photos of the young people of Ireland at last year's rally?:):D

• Closed Accounts Posts: 781 ✭✭✭Not a NSA agent

Depends, do you want the actual expectation or the YD expectation?

• Advertisement

lazygal wrote: »
    :):D

Would he/she be posting photos of the young people of Ireland at last year's rally?:):D

Depends on if Legatus can afford a Photoshop licence.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,938 ✭✭✭galljga1

Depends, do you want the actual expectation or the YD expectation?

I'll be hitting Ranelagh and Ballsbridge probably in the evening so should be o.k.

I'll be hitting Ranelagh and Ballsbridge probably in the evening so should be o.k.
    The millions in attendance will probably still be there, there'll be too many of them to fit into Merrion Square alone.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,232 ✭✭✭Brian Shanahan

lazygal wrote: »
    The millions in attendance will probably still be there, there'll be too many of them to fit into Merrion Square alone.

Ah now, just because Ronan and David have weight issues, there's no need to bring it up.

• Registered Users Posts: 11,662 ✭✭✭✭aloyisious

Watching the pro-life rally passing on O'Connell St today, I reckon there may well have been at least 7 thousand from all over Ireland, with visitors from abroad. There was a smaller pro-choice group in opposition by the Spire at the Earl St - O'Connell St junction, one member of whom was removed by Gardai apparently for NOT complying with their instructions to keep on the path. She had strayed out onto the road several times very close to the Pro-lifers. I saw one incident where one of the pro-lifers had tried to take a hand-held cardboard sign from a pro-choice person on the path at the junction. The pro-lifer was herded away back to the rally by a female Garda (I think the inspector in charge at the scene).

Incidentally I saw one now well known person amongst the Pro-life I know was allied to the Iona Anti-Marriage group, said person not a straight man.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 7,224 ✭✭✭alaimacerc

Ermagawd, say it's not so. SD from over yonder on p*l*t*cs.ie?

• Registered Users Posts: 7,090 ✭✭✭jill_valentine

aloyisious wrote: »
    Incidentally I saw one now well known person amongst the Pro-life I know was allied to the Iona Anti-Marriage group, said person not a straight man.

Oh God no. I thought we were free of him at last.

Oh God no. I thought we were free of him at last.

He'l be gone soon enough, theres only 1 token space and the woman who has had an abortion but now regrets it needs a desk.
    Watching the pro-life rally passing on O'Connell St today, I reckon there may well have been at least 7 thousand

YD announcing 28k then? Probably round it up to nice even 30k.

• Registered Users Posts: 11,662 ✭✭✭✭aloyisious

He'l be gone soon enough, theres only 1 token space and the woman who has had an abortion but now regrets it needs a desk.

The Indo had the GS estimate as eight thousand. Don't believe the story in the Indo about the rally, it's about headlines. Laughed at these Indo lines "Anger as 20,000 abortion activists go head-to-head" & "Thousands of abortion campaigners from both sides of the debate brought Dublin to a standstill yesterday". The closure began with a Pro-Greece rally at Kildare St and a few dozen Pro-choice people at the spire didn't cause the closure of the streets to traffic by the Pro-life rally.

• Moderators Posts: 51,779 ✭✭✭✭Delirium

The Indo had the GS estimate as eight thousand

And the pro-life rally two years ago was 25k according to Garda estimates. That's a pretty big decline in numbers marching for pro-life side.

If you can read this, you're too close!

• Registered Users Posts: 16,164 ✭✭✭✭Pherekydes

Gardaí estimated the crowd for today's rally at between 5,000 and 8,000, while organisers said the figure was between 25,000 and 30,000.

From rte.ie

If the figures overlapped you might understand, but they don't come close. One side is deliberately misrepresenting the figures.

SW wrote: »
    And the pro-life rally two years ago was 25k according to Garda estimates. That's a pretty big decline in numbers marching for pro-life side.

They've run out of money to fly the yanks over, and they still have only about 5 active Irish protesters among the 572 groups.

Oh, and is anybody else as pissed off as I am that they are still getting the massive lying free pass over their name. They are not pro-life, they are anti-life. If they were truly pro-life here's a representative number of policies they would support:
    1) End to the death penalty worldwide
    2) The primacy of the mother's health and life in difficult pregnancies
    3) A more fair and equal sharing of the worlds income and wealth
    4) End to US, Russian and other aggressions around the world.

All of these items the anti-aborts are either strongly against or profoundly sileint on.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,800 ✭✭✭Lingua Franca

*ahem*

http://www.boards.ie/vbulletin/showthread.php?p=96121299

:pac:

I checked the YD facebook page. theyre saying 30k too. Im starting to understand them! Heres a video of the typical abortion

• Registered Users Posts: 16,430 ✭✭✭✭Loafing Oaf

Here's the guy who does the estimates for numbers at pro-life rallies for YD:

jox26.jpg

• Advertisement
  • Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 24,416 Mod ✭✭✭✭robindch

All of these items the anti-aborts are either strongly against or profoundly sileint on.
    The terms "anti-abort" and "pro-abort" are unhelpful characterizations, so please avoid using them.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 676 ✭✭✭am946745

robindch wrote: »
    The terms "anti-abort" and "pro-abort" are unhelpful characterizations, so please avoid using them.

You should tell the Irish Times. Only the media is able to turn something positive into a negative.

robindch wrote: »

"pro-life" is unhelpful*, anti-abortion or abbreviations thereof is simply accurate.

*It's frankly akin to calling neo-Nazis philo-semites.

"pro-life" is unhelpful*, anti-abortion or abbreviations thereof is simply accurate.

Pro- and anti-choice are the correct terms. This is only about choice, nothing else.

Human life begins at conception. Pro-life is just that. the other movement that wants to end life is technically pro-death group.

You're entitled to believe that so long as you can back that up with facts.

You're entitled to believe that so long as you can back that up with facts.

Well the fact is that You and I began our unique existence an conception. Thats a fact.

SW wrote: »

Yes Mr. Christian Moderator. You keep saying that.

am946745 wrote: »
    Well the fact is that You and I began our unique existence an conception. Thats a fact.

Identical twins don't begin existing as separate entities until after conception.

• Advertisement

am946745 wrote: »
    Human life begins at conception. Pro-life is just that. the other movement that wants to end life is technically pro-death group.

Human life goes back in an unbroken chain to the time when humans became human.

Just think about it: every ejaculation is mass murder on a biblical scale.

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement